JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)
\m/ Rock hard love harder

Send a message via AIM to SweetSuicide Send a message via Skype™ to SweetSuicide
Tale of all the Tales. (somewhat continued from Tale of Stories) - 01-07-2010, 10:27 PM

** Since it seems like Tale of Stories is no longer what it was, I figured I could try to stir up another story almost like it (but nothing can compare to the greatness of Tale of Stories). So if you were a fan of Tale of Stories, read or even join! And if you wrote in Tale of Stories, please come and join this one. Well... here we go! XD***

Posting Rules:
NO SPAMMING!! If you have a question about something in the story you can ask but then post something to try and clear the problem up.
Double posting will be allowed. Just don't over do it. lol.
Try to team up with someone so if you or the other person can't write, the story won't come to a stand still.
15 line/ sentence min. Try to follow this please. (Only exception is if following first rule).

Setting:
Medieval times. It is a time when dragons and humans co-exist. It is a time of wars and horrific times. There are eternal wars between all along with the war going on all together. Many families are divided and most of the time it is father battling son. It has been like this for over 50 years now and it shows no sign of ending.

Cities in Požár, the land of all dragons: (sorry if the map sucks, damn paint!!! mljdfskbg)

Červená- The city of the Red dragons. Fire dragons.
Zelená- The city of the Green dragons. Land dragons.
Žlutá - The city of the Yellow dragons. Energy dragons
Červnofialove-The city of the Purple dragons. Peace dragons
Modrá - The city of the Blue dragons. Water dragons.
Zlato - The city of the Golden dragons. Psychic dragons.
Hnědá - The city of the Black dragons. Cursed, damned dragons.
Čistá - The city of the White dragons. Only pure dragons left.

***Character stats!!! XD***

Name: Was Emily Rose Schalanter, now just Emily Rose.
Looks: 5’9”. Short brown hair with piercing hazel eyes. Some shape to her but just enough so that she can still pass as a boy. She wears old, torn clothes found in the battlefields to appear as a man.
Background: Once a daughter of a tribe leader in Zlato, she fled after her father declared war on the Zlato dragons who once helped them in troubling times. She now roams Požár with a dragon she befriended, named Emitt.
Skills: Bow and arrow expert, but also picked up sword from battles.

The cold. harsh, winter air blew against us as Emitt and I dogged in and out of the trees. Faster Emitt, they’ll be on our heels soon. Come on buddy. Just out of the woods and we’re good. My thoughts ran from my mind into my calloused hands into Emitt. He didn’t respond but flew faster. his mighty purple wings cut threw the air with such force and speed that the deer running under us was soon lost in the trees within seconds of me laying eyes on it.
“It’s a shame how the deer used to resemble grace, beauty, and peace. But now it only is food, clothes, and fuel.” The stories my grandmother told me as I was a young girl came rushing back. She was one of the few remaining people left who remembered when the world was in total peace. How I dreaded thinking of how she would look at me now. Leaving the family and living my own life. Cutting off all my long brown hair to make myself resemble a man. Befriending the enemy and deserting humans. How ashamed she would be of me. The look of pain and disgust that would fill her soft, loving, grey eyes. Emily, it was your choice to leave. If anything, she should be proud of you. I rested my head on Emitt’s neck. He was right. And at this moment, I needed to forget my grandmother and just focus all my mind to escape from the winding forest...

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
Cause I'll die without you.
</3

Last edited by SweetSuicide : 01-07-2010 at 10:32 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)

Send a message via AIM to SweetSuicide Send a message via Skype™ to SweetSuicide
01-10-2010, 05:19 AM

okay so if no one's gonna do this i'm just gonna close it out... i really don't want that... please someone, anyone write....

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
</3
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

01-10-2010, 09:54 AM

I'm sorry, I would help in the continuation of the story however I'm going to be rather busy for a while (school, Japanese lessons, and whatever time I have left over to sleep). I'll probably only have time enough to check JF from my phone and send PMs the days i'm able to log on from a computer.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
01-27-2010, 04:08 PM

Heya, hunks and babes. Don't forget the one, the only, and the best mod in the whole wide woooooorld - CoolNard!!! I'm back with a vengeance and it ain't gonna leave JF unscathed. XD

Anyway, I won't be posting (or moderating for that matter) as frequently as I used to, since I'll be graduating and officially joining adulthood (BORING). So I'll limit myself to a regular JF story-playa.
SS, can I nominate myself to be your partner-in-crime?

Btw, anyone who needs my email just has to ask SweetSuicide, Kakashi or Kanji_The_Wanderer.

Peace

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)

01-28-2010, 10:48 PM

And hey!! I'm in adulthood and I'm still on here lol

Of course you can!!! <3 hehe maybe rekindle what was Tales?

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
</3
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)

02-03-2010, 05:11 PM

The forest seemed to take forever to get out of but Emitt and I found our way into a clearing. Lay low and find the tallest grass Emitt. Maybe they'll fly over us and won't see us. He dipped down into the grass and we both held our breathe. I heard the voices above us calling out to each other. "How could that dragon just disappear?" "If I knew would be flying around here looking like morons?" "Oh come one. They couldn't have gotten far. Let's keep heading north." And the sound of the wings beat overhead of us. I looked up and saw the wings of the dragons chasing us. The were black. I guess we're in Hnědá now Emitt. I sighed, although Emitt and I had been traveling together for a few months now, we still hadn't gotten very far. The more time we rested, the higher our chances of being caught again grew but Emitt and I both needed some rest. The tall grass here was all black. So it was easy for Emitt to hide. I on the other hand, had a bit of a harder time. My skin looked pale to the grass so I hid under Emitt's great wing. I started to drift off to sleep. It had been almost a week since Emitt and I had gotten any long amounts of sleep. I closed my eyes and rested my head down on his chest. And then... the dream happened...

The town was on fire. Everyone was running around, screaming for help. There were people on fire, dragons bleeding. I was running toward the castle. I had to save Jonathan. He was till too young to understand what was going on. I ran up to the castle doors but they were locked and I couldn't get in. I threw my weight against the door and it opened. I ran up to his room. But the stairs kept getting farther and farther away. I was able to finally reach his room, but he wasn't there. I called out to him, but no answer. I ran out of his room and to my parent's room. No one was there either. I looked out of the window and gasped. I fell on the floor crying... There, on the ground, was my family... murdered....

Emitt woke me up. He had witnessed the dream too. Emily, it's okay. You know it was only a nightmare. You know you're family is safe. I didn't believe him but I had to force myself to believe it. I laid on the ground off Emitt and let my mind race again. I needed to get farther away from here...

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
</3
(#7 (permalink))
Old
BlueSword (Offline)
New to JF

04-28-2010, 02:52 AM

Name: Aoi Nihoto
Description: Aoi is of a slight frame and built. Narrowed down by his light diet and hard lifestyle. At 5'8 and close to 140 pounds he holds a slight malnourished look as of late. His skin is pale and usually stained with blood he's too tired to clean off. His clothing is battered and often patched together, and his only armor is a dented and fragmented shoulder pauldren, black from soot. His weapons are the only clean thing on him. A katana, with a blue scabbard and pommel, and a matchlock rifle, almost as tall as Aoi.

Background: Aoi lived in a small village in Zlato, near the borders of Hneda. The village often had raids from bandits in Hneda, and as such, they had a large amount of militia. Aoi was a member of that Milita since he was 16, and he had often faught off bandits in the two years before the villages destruction by a damned dragon. Ever since that happened he had been on the move, killing bandits and the occasional black dragon. He has no partner dragon, and has no friends as far as anyone can tell. Occasionally he'll appear at a village under a raid or a dragon attack, and leave as soon as the bandits had been driven off.

The beast roared angerily at me. It's painful wail of rage rocked me slightly, and gave me the slightest of smiles. The smoking rope from my matchlock fills my nose with something other then the toxic stench of death. The smell of gunpower fueled me, as I laid my rifle down respectfully.
The dragon had already destroyed most of the village when I came. Mostly it was chewing on dead bodies, eating what it found to be of flavor. Disgusting beast. I had managed to sneak up on it, the smell of blood and soot and death clogging it's nose as I raised my rifle, and fired.
The round had punctured his neck, not enough to kill him sadly, but that spinning ball had flown through and snapped a wing bone with a wonderful sounding crack. It was stuck, dangerous, but stuck. As I approached the black dragon looked at me with a snort of anger, and rose up to roar again in defience.
I responded by pulling my katana out of it's sheath, it's blade glisting in what little light punctured the smoke of the fires. The dragon looked at me, and then lunged it's neck.
Only the sound of cackling fire greeated me after I sidestepped the mosster and cut it's neck in two where I had shot it. Sweet dark blood splashed all over me and my sword, as the neck sprayed like a stream.
I lift my head in thanks to the gods, and cleaned my blade, retrieved my gun, and set off into the black grass once more.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)

05-11-2010, 02:41 AM

I woke up to the sound of Emitt's great wings pounding on the ground trying to protect me. Then all my other senses kicked in. I smelled fire, saw smoke, couldn't breathe. Someone set the grass on fire. I started to panic. I couldn't catch my breathe at all. It seemed like every time I tried to find a bit of clean air, smoke can rushing in, filling my lungs. I started coughing and leaned on Emitt. We need to get out of here, fast. I don't know how much more smoke I can take in. He nodded and I climbed on his back. If the hunter's goal was to smoke us out to hunt us and make it an easier for them to catch us, they were half right. It got us out of the grass, but make Emitt fly faster. I learned that whenever I was in trouble to needed Emitt to give it all he had, he could.

He flew higher than the smoke and that's where the hunters were waiting. "Kill them!" And we were off. Back to the chase that we had tried to avoid. I sat facing the hunters with my back on Emitt's neck as I took out my bow and arrow. I got in position, drew the bow back, and got the first hunter right in the chest. The other hunter's didn't seem to worried about me being able to have this pin-point accuracy until I shot the next one in the eye. Causing him to lose control of his dragon and flying into the others, causing a great mess and a massive knot fall out of the sky back into the fiery grass below. Okay Emitt, Let's get to Zlato.

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
</3
(#9 (permalink))
Old
BlueSword (Offline)
New to JF

05-11-2010, 03:41 PM

I relish the smell of triumph, it means one small piece of revenge, one small piece of joy, for my mind to savor, however briefly. Rifle and sword slung to my back, I journeyed across the plains of Ziato, deserted aside from the sound of maggots and the stench of death.

Ziato is a dead land, decaying perpetuating and reveling in its own demise. Damned dragons, my immortal enemies ruled hear, keeping this place trapped between life and death. Now I stalked the border, looking for new killing grounds, places where I can engage one on one, where I can win, where I can kill. THe wind rustled and I looked up, seeing the dark shape of a dragon flying above me. Grinning I unslung my rifle, and slipped in a large iron ball, and lifted the rifle. A soft snap, and and the rifle threw the bullet like a dragon threw fire.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)

05-13-2010, 12:19 AM

I heard the gun shot but it was too late. Emitt got struck in his wing and the bullet when through my leg too. It was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life as far back as I can remember. I'm going down. I can't fly with one wing and you hurt like this. I just held onto him. I couldn't talk or move. The pain was intensifying with every second. Emitt went into the grass and I slid off him. I heard footsteps come running toward us. I was going to get my bow and arrow ready but my sword was much easier to get at this point so I drew it out and tried to hold it out in front of me as best I could to defend myself at who or whatever was coming this way. I was using Emitt for support but I knew he could recover faster than I ever could so why kill two if one could protect one? Go Emitt, save yourself, I can handle this. I knew he wanted to stay and help but he left and I almost fell over when I put all the pressure onto my one good leg. Okay Em, time to try and fight alone....

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
</3