JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Parenting in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/parenting-japan/)
-   -   I'm only 18 but I'm already worrying about parenting... Will I be a good mother? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/parenting-japan/18126-im-only-18-but-im-already-worrying-about-parenting-will-i-good-mother.html)

Henbaka 08-11-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rina26 (Post 559170)
This thread is just too weird. It's creeping me out.

Hey, I'm not worried about good parenting and I know I'll be a damn great parent ;) 26 more weeks to go!

Hey I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to imply you have to be worried :)

rina26 08-11-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henbaka (Post 559361)
Hey I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to imply you have to be worried :)

Haha no worries, I'm only teasing you :p

MissMisa 08-11-2008 08:23 AM

To be honest, you are young. You shouldn't be thinking about having children at all, you should be out having fun and living your life. They are not something to worry about or dwell on until the time comes. For now, go and have fun.

Saying that I totally have the inability to emphathise with you as I really do not like children and don't plan on having any.

Paul11 08-11-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 559391)
To be honest, you are young. You shouldn't be thinking about having children at all, you should be out having fun and living your life. They are not something to worry about or dwell on until the time comes. For now, go and have fun.

Saying that I totally have the inability to emphathise with you as I really do not like children and don't plan on having any.

Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.

rina26 08-11-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 559392)
Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.

Completely true. Most of the friends I have who are parents hates children except their own. I'll be the same. I can't stand them when they belong to other people.

MissMisa 08-11-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 559392)

That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.

rina26 08-11-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 559394)
That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.

And when someone in the 18-early 20's range voice their desire to be a parent, people ALWAYS tell them that they're young and still have their whole world ahead of them. They also know their own mind. So I guess everyone will just have to deal with each others comments ;)

MissMisa 08-11-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rina26 (Post 559398)
And when someone in the 18-early 20's range voice their desire to be a parent, people ALWAYS tell them that they're young and still have their whole world ahead of them. They also know their own mind. So I guess everyone will just have to deal with each others comments ;)

Actually in this thread, a lot of people haven't. I was sharing my beliefs, I wasn't telling her she was wrong, just that I didn't believe that it was right to be thinking about those things at such a young age.

I also said I could be totally wrong based on the fact I don't like children. That was the significance of my comment.

Paul11 08-11-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 559394)

Me, my wife and most parents use to say the same thing. Really! OUr minds don't change just because. We don't love our children just because. It's due to biochemical changes in the body and brain. That stuff really can't be controlled.

MissMisa 08-11-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 559400)
Me, my wife and most parents use to say the same thing. Really! OUr minds don't change just because. We don't love our children just because. It's due to biochemical changes in the body and brain. That stuff really can't be controlled.

Even so, it doesn't mean I will. There are so many reasons I do not want them. In my opinion they are a waste of time, effort, and money.

Again it's the whole, you are 17 so you'll change your mind thing xD