Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
practically speaking though....

you can't STOP it happeneing....

so best bet to simply educate the kids..
So, by your approach we should just educate people to kill and steal because, hey, we can't stop it, so why not tell them how to do it safely when they are inevitably going to commit these heinous acts.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:13 PM

i think its more about HOW they go about it...

of course the idea of any man shagging my daughter.....i dont like it....

but it IS going to happen...at some point....

what matters is HOW she goes about it....

sure if she has SEX at the age of 12..or 14...or 16......or 18......
....or 25...... :P

im going to cry myself into a drunken abys...BUT...aslong as she does so with a GOOD mind....and not with some looser douchebag.....then i guess thats ok...

also...

if you tell your kid....you can't have sex...you can't look at boy's.....

well iv'e been with my fair share of catholic girls...i can ASURE you...that does not work
(#33 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagothUr View Post
So, by your approach we should just educate people to kill and steal because, hey, we can't stop it, so why not tell them how to do it safely when they are inevitably going to commit these heinous acts.
its worth pointing out that the country with the LOWEST teenage preganancy rate in the world...is holland

the country with the most comprehensive sex education programme in the world...HOLLAND

thats no co-inki-dink
(#34 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:16 PM

[quote=theAlphaDuck;618408
also...

if you tell your kid....you can't have sex...you can't look at boy's.....

well iv'e been with my fair share of catholic girls...i can ASURE you...that does not work [/QUOTE]

I agree with that, but you can't tell them that it is perfectly fine either. Sometimes as a parent you have to make a stand, otherwise, whats the point in being a parent at all?
(#35 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
its worth pointing out that the country with the LOWEST teenage preganancy rate in the world...is holland

the country with the most comprehensive sex education programme in the world...HOLLAND

thats no co-inki-dink
Ok, but still that doesn't mean that it's all the schools fault. I agree that schools play a vital role in education in ALL subjects, but there are still other factors. What I'm trying to say is that we can't just take something and say it's the word of God, you know? Examining ALL the elements is key.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

10-30-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Sex isn't a 'heinous act.' If people are going to have sex regardless, would you rather them do it, totally uneducated about STDs or pregnancy, or would you rather that they do it equipped with the knowledge they need to do it safely? Also, if we educate people properly, it will mean they are able to make the right choice in when to have sex, and this may prevent underage sex by people who are irresponsible, because they have the information to make the right choice.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:25 PM

its not easy...

you gotta control your kid...mould thier mind...and make them do what YOU know is best for them....

but all the while....they gotta think it's thier own good idea.

but you should TELL your kids that SEX is fine.....your not telling them to go and do it....but let them understand its a beautifull thing....
be sure that YOU are the one that educates your child on SEX...otherwise he or she learns everything from the playground.....

the main thing to remember...is that you should NEVER treat sex as a taboo subject...be honest...be open...lay the facts bare....

you kinda got to trust your kid to make the right choice......

thats what parenting is about...

a child is NOT a dog...you cant keep it on a leash
(#38 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Sex isn't a 'heinous act.' If people are going to have sex regardless, would you rather them do it, totally uneducated about STDs or pregnancy, or would you rather that they do it equipped with the knowledge they need to do it safely? Also, if we educate people properly, it will mean they are able to make the right choice in when to have sex, and this may prevent underage sex by people who are irresponsible, because they have the information to make the right choice.
First off I wasn't trying to call sex a heinous act. I was simply using that description for murder and theft.
Second, yes, they should know how to do it safely.
Third, who says what kids will do with the information? I mean I went through a chemistry class and all I pulled out of it was how to make a bomb. Really, it all depends on the parents to instill the values and ethics into a child so that they can make the right decisions.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

10-30-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
First off I wasn't trying to call sex a heinous act. I was simply using that description for murder and theft.
Second, yes, they should know how to do it safely.
Third, who says what kids will do with the information? I mean I went through a chemistry class and all I pulled out of it was how to make a bomb. Really, it all depends on the parents to instill the values and ethics into a child so that they can make the right decisions.
Both of those things need to be incorporated to make sex safe and make it the right choice, I agree.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-30-2008, 04:01 PM

I believe that it should be whenever you and your partner are ready...And of course when there is protection to use.

With this subject, now I have to rant a bit:

Too many dumbasses at the schools in my city these days believe it's so wrong to be a virgin, and go off to have sex as much as possible. Lots of them go without condoms, and thus I see pregnant chick after pregnant chick. Hell, a friend of mine got knocked up last (school) year and she's fifteen years old, I kid you not.

Now, I might be one of the biggest pervs on here, but I'm not THAT damn sex crazy. Those other people are, but the main difference between them and I is that they aren't smart with it. It's a crying shame.

To this day, I don't see what's so wrong with being pure. It's not like it means you can't get any, and dammit, I'm proud to be a virgin amongst that crowd. Shows I have better judgement.

Closed Thread