JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
caisaki (Offline)
JF Regular

06-17-2010, 09:51 AM

Cheating is something that everyone does in the mind. You may not be going out with others but in your mind you are with that other person, and in the end it really does hurt somebody.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-06-2010, 08:33 PM

I definitely had to post in this thread.Just wanted to let "you" know I'am still being faithful sticking to the promise I made even though were friends

Feel My Intent
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ayumiyuu (Offline)
Satan's Bitch

07-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post

The second, and more important of the two, is that human beings are nor naturally monogamous.

THAT'S THE POINT!! .......I think....

"..but the trouble is, the world is peopled with poor idiots." /Marquis de Sade/
(#24 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular

08-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
America. Compared to much of Europe, Asia, South America and other areas, infidelity is much more of a crime in the US than it is in other parts of the world.
Do you really think "everyone cheats"?
While infidelity is perceived as more of a crime in the U.S. than most other nations is quite true, let us not forget the fact that the act of adultery in general are view the same. Infidelity causes emotional harm and at time can be financially as well.

If a nation accepts infidelity more so than another, it becomes a cultural thing but yet take away the pain and suffering by the inflicted person. It merely becomes an overshadows of a general population and perceived it as more tolerable. If the question of "Japanese men do cheat more" is indeed true. Does that make Japanese women tolerate adultery better than American women? Do Japanese women in general accepted adultery better than people of other nations? We then open a whole new topic of "cultural acceptance to certain matter." and can debate forever on it.

Do I think Japanese men cheat more? No. I tend to think Japan advertise sex more so than other nations. It is even in the comic books, commercials, and etc., When sex is advertised in almost every category, you will constantly be reminded and makes one want it more often and becomes more open about it. However, that does not make the nation more sexual than others, rather just more open.

"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森

Last edited by KylieHJensen : 08-12-2010 at 07:26 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Akihiko (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Akihiko
08-13-2010, 12:47 AM

I despise cheaters. I have had bad experiences with them. It is NEVER acceptable to cheat, because they / you aren't considering of your feelings.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-13-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
While infidelity is perceived as more of a crime in the U.S. than most other nations is quite true, let us not forget the fact that the act of adultery in general are view the same. Infidelity causes emotional harm and at time can be financially as well.

If a nation accepts infidelity more so than another, it becomes a cultural thing but yet take away the pain and suffering by the inflicted person. It merely becomes an overshadows of a general population and perceived it as more tolerable. If the question of "Japanese men do cheat more" is indeed true. Does that make Japanese women tolerate adultery better than American women? Do Japanese women in general accepted adultery better than people of other nations? We then open a whole new topic of "cultural acceptance to certain matter." and can debate forever on it.

Do I think Japanese men cheat more? No. I tend to think Japan advertise sex more so than other nations. It is even in the comic books, commercials, and etc., When sex is advertised in almost every category, you will constantly be reminded and makes one want it more often and becomes more open about it. However, that does not make the nation more sexual than others, rather just more open.
If a culture accepts infidelity more than another, then yes, the pain and suffering caused is taken away. Just as if a culture accepts homosexuality, then it takes away pain and suffering if a person's son or daughter comes out of the closet.

I think the general Japanese attitude about adultery is due to Japan's cultural attitudes, and is completely unaffected by other nations. Do I think Japanese men cheat more than Americans? No, I agree with you. I just think it isn't as big a deal over there.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Sheemy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Sheemy Send a message via Yahoo to Sheemy Send a message via Skype™ to Sheemy
08-13-2010, 01:47 AM

I really dunno about japanese men or women being cheaters ... but i do know in general that people nowadays find excuses for cheating .. consider a married couple for example ... if the husband were working too hard to earn money to feed his wife and children and has no time to spend with them, then she could simply use the money or even house to cheat him as he has no time for her!!
they give themselves excuses to cheat which is totally wrong ...
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
High school is not adulthood. Only a tiny percentage of high school relationships become successful marriages.

But I guess it what you define as cheating. Is looking at another woman and finding her attractive cheating?

What is the difference between "physically" and "sexually"?

If I have an emotional relationship with another person besides my mate, am I cheating?

Yes if that emotional relationship is henderin your relationship with your mate!

We are art...aren't we?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

08-28-2010, 08:15 PM

im sorry but thats just funny when like one out of three people here say that it is so horrible to cheat because the person that does it does not consider otherones feelings...OMG... yea, you think? - show me someone who did consider? "hmmm...if i sleep with him/her will my partner be hurt?...i guess yes...well atleast i have considered it - now lets make love, sweet love because since ive considered it it should be fine"

im not saying that cheating is ok. but lets be honest - there is a point for everyone were if the oportunity is presented they would cheat. even for the most faithful - there will allways be the possibility that someone more charming/handsome will come a long and youll just do it.

P.S i cant belive it..i allways thought that americans more or less take the cake when it comes to the cheating...well probably it is the media to blame..

Last edited by evanny : 08-28-2010 at 08:17 PM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
im sorry but thats just funny when like one out of three people here say that it is so horrible to cheat because the person that does it does not consider otherones feelings...OMG... yea, you think? - show me someone who did consider? "hmmm...if i sleep with him/her will my partner be hurt?...i guess yes...well atleast i have considered it - now lets make love, sweet love because since ive considered it it should be fine"

im not saying that cheating is ok. but lets be honest - there is a point for everyone were if the oportunity is presented they would cheat. even for the most faithful - there will allways be the possibility that someone more charming/handsome will come a long and youll just do it.

P.S i cant belive it..i allways thought that americans more or less take the cake when it comes to the cheating...well probably it is the media to blame..

If you really feel that way I'd hate to be the person you call lover...and yes we do take the cake in cheating but then again this is the most sinful place on earth what the hell do you expect!!!!?!?!??!? some of us however have a different way of looking at things. All I was saying is in the end there is no justification for it...what's wrong is wrong and that's just that

We are art...aren't we?