JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-01-2010, 04:45 PM

its good to have confidence for sure, but i think alot of the time it gets mistaken for arrogance, honestly i would love to know what everyone here considers humble too because i think it means something totally different to different ppl

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

How can the world end at 2012 when my yogurt expires in 2013?
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
12-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
oh and IMO the way i look at sexy i think it outlasts cute anyday sorry guys
coz i dont think that u can class one on the way a woman looks and the other as a personality trait if were going on purely the way a women initially looks IMO sexy is more enduring - and even if were going on both being personality traits i still think sexy is more enduring
Well I hate to say it
But as I admitted, I'm not sexy at all. No false humility here; Its the honest truth. High heels and I are are not the best of friends....and I like longer skirts because my legs are too short for short ones...I don't have anything to show in the end, if you get my drift. I'm a total dweeb in personality too. I get happy joy joy over Harry Potter and foreign languages like a total idiot, and I'd rather spend all day playing with children than some of my adult friends.

..but if you were wanting korean men and didn't get one...

And I'm in a long-term relationship with one from a good, higher class family...
its not about being sexy. (yes, i'm sorry that sounds like bragging. I really couldn't find a better way to say what I think, but...)

I'm being serious, when I say, show more sexyness after you're in a long term relationship.
Until then, at least act more humble, cutesy, etc. Show a more innocent and sweeter side, I think thats what guys want long term.
Then after things are more established, be a little sexier. That way, you don't put off a guy thinking you're full of yourself, but instead give him a nice surprise that his girl has a spicy side to her.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-01-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Well I hate to say it
But as I admitted, I'm not sexy at all.

..but if you were wanting korean men and didn't get one...

Until then, at least act more humble, cutesy, etc. Show a more innocent and sweeter side, I think thats what guys want long term.
thanks for the advice kayci but just like u say ur not sexy - im not cute and i dont know how to be
its like ever since were young - here in the west we have it engrained into us that we need to look like a brazilian supermodel, and thats what u aim for ur whole life, so then when u are then told that u have to look cute coz guys like cute, its like yeh but how? granted i can tone down the high heels and start dressing more like an asian girl but i guarantee i wont look cute,

and how are the guys supposed to know if im humble or not till they talk to me - and there not gonna do that till they actually make an effort to approach me and they wont do that till they think im humble and cute enough to approach (sighs) its like a vicious catch 22 cycle

and i dont think ill ever feel like myself if i did start to dress more 'cute' a mans supposed to like u for u right? thats like if u had to dress more sexy to get a mans attention i dont think u would,
besides guess what theres no korean men in manchester

btw kayci are u american?

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

(#64 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

12-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Yes I am american...which is bad for me cause being sexy sells. I was born with blonde hair, I have blue eyes. But Now I'm a reddish/brown hair small girl. I get made fun of by "friends" for having no upper area, and trying to be like girls on tv depresses me

Well, I guess its the vibe you're doing. I don't know...
I think if you're noticably being clumsy or making silly childish jokes, that may bring 'em to you, no matter the vibe. If you present yourself as more down to earth, the vibe can be ignored

There is a really sexy gorgeous girl I know. Guys only want her for a pillow encounter, girls are scared of her. She is hard to approach...busty, sexy, etc...until she does something totally dweeby like snort her drink out of her nose or fall while playing with a big dog. After she draws attention to herself in a very non-sexy way, people around her relax and get to know her.

Same with my best friend. The girl who got boobs in junior high, that was her. She looked sexy as a kid, and that was kind of disturbing the attention she got. But now she covers up. Only heels she'd wear are her elf boots. (by the way, this girl kicks my ass in nerdiness. DnD DM, Magick the Gathering, Video games, etc.)
She is very modest in dress, and uses personality. All the way. She's stubborn and intelligent, and proves to be a challenge.

Incidentally, we look alike facial and such. Our hair darkened at the same time. Before puberty we looked so much like sisters...now she looks adult, lovely, and I still look like waiting for puberty. LOL (we're only 17 days apart.)

Try to do something...Earthy? Like if you trip and laugh it off, that makes you more endearing, I personally think.
IDK...its hard.

(#65 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
and how are the guys supposed to know if im humble or not till they talk to me - and there not gonna do that till they actually make an effort to approach me and they wont do that till they think im humble and cute enough to approach (sighs) its like a vicious catch 22 cycle
Its relly simple. They watch how you interact with the other people around you. The humility may not be obvious, but arrogance, in even the smallest quantity, will be.

I get very different reactions from a guy who has watched me interact with strangers, bartenders, and waitstaff, than from a guy who has been eavesdroppping on my political/sociological conversations with friends.

In the first case, they pick up on the polite, considerate and agreeable side of me. But in the other case, I often come across as more than a bit intimidating. The latter gets the guys I really enjoy keeping company with, but those who will work past that initimidation factor are few and far between.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
The girl who got boobs in junior high, that was her. She looked sexy as a kid, and that was kind of disturbing the attention she got.

Try to do something...Earthy? Like if you trip and laugh it off, that makes you more endearing, I personally think.
IDK...its hard.
hmm thanks girls that explains alot, im really loud and overpowering with my friends, not to mention i can sometimes act really silly - so i can see how men can be intimidated by that - ive been told by friends in the past i need to be 'nicer' and more friendly anyway

i had a feeling u were from the states kayci, one from ur name and second because theres alot more asians there cool

btw your friend sounds just like me i think i have the same thing going on

ill try and change my 'vibe' and be less intimidating and more friendly - lol even if that means tripping gr8 tip

Last edited by missprincess : 12-01-2010 at 09:01 PM.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-01-2010, 09:06 PM

btw i saw an asian woman about 5'2 with a black man about 6'1 the other day was really strange to see the height diff but loving the interatial mixing!

(#68 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-02-2010, 04:12 AM

I dated a alien once....didn't work out, the commute was too exspensive.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

12-02-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
btw i saw an asian woman about 5'2 with a black man about 6'1 the other day was really strange to see the height diff but loving the interatial mixing!
HAHAHAHAHA I'm 4'11" and my boyfriend is almost six feet. And he's the asian one.

But yeah...My boyfriend is Korean born and I hang out with foreign exchange students all the time...
But good luck~

(#70 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA I'm 4'11" and my boyfriend is almost six feet. And he's the asian one.

But yeah...My boyfriend is Korean born and I hang out with foreign exchange students all the time...
But good luck~
thanks good luck to you too