JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
GiannaR (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to GiannaR
12-19-2010, 05:42 AM

My mom had my younger sister when she was 40, and had no issues. I think it just depends on the person raising the child, I think suki will probably raise great, strong children, just from my impression of her through her posts. whether she's working or not, like someone else stated, balance is possible, I grew up with my mother being a house wife, and other people here grew up with their parents working. I don't see why people have to go and jump down each others throats.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-19-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yeah, they can't handle a woman being successful in what they call a man's world. Whatever. Bunch of sexist hypocrites.
What are you talking about?????

Why am I sexist? Because I have different life-experiences. uh wait! you haven't really got any in this, so that makes you what exactly? -shortsighted and narrow-minded?
But it's OK I guess, because as long as you speak about how equality is important you can say anything alongside with it, it doesn't really matter if you mark and frown others --- but how exactly is that equality?
With this you overshoot your own mark...

I said I understand you, what's wrong with you?!

Last edited by File0 : 12-19-2010 at 12:31 PM.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-19-2010, 12:34 PM

You are sexist because you seem to think (although I'm not clear what the hell you think because you haven't clarified it) that Suki should do what her husband wants, and she should stay at home and look after the kids when she has a career = sexism.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-19-2010, 12:45 PM

what ever will be will be.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-19-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
You are sexist because you seem to think (although I'm not clear what the hell you think because you haven't clarified it) that Suki should do what her husband wants, and she should stay at home and look after the kids when she has a career = sexism.

what do you suggest Misa?
(#46 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Well yeah, I haven't said that!
I just said (you could see it if you'd try to) that it's different when you have family - you think differently, feel differently, do differently. And that according to my experiences women do it better and easier, but it doesn't mean I judged her!!!
(#47 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerPenguin View Post
I hope you don't see us a silly kids or anything, since that does seem to be a bit condescending Well, in the wise words of my parents "Be selfish-- your twenties are for YOU" and I agree with that very much so. I don't intend to have kids or get married til after I'm 30. And I know about the toll having babies has on older women but my mom had me when she was 28 (almost 29) and I'm the oldest of 4 kids, my mom had my youngest sister when she was 37, and there weren't any problems with any of her prenancies.

Regardless of whether you have a career or not, I think you should wait to have kids-- be as selfish as you want and get it out of your system then have kids when you can really devote the necessary time to them. I've babysat a lot of kids and you can really tell when a child has an older parent, they tend to be much more mature and better behaved for their age. Moreover, it's a shame to be young and beautiful, wanting to go out and have fun but be unable to because you have kids. It ain't fair to you or the child IMO. So I shall induldge in my selfishness for the next 10 years or so

Many women do this-- have their career then decide to have a child. Sadly it does not always work out-- when a woman cannot conceive-- My best friend was unable to have children-- she tried IVF-- that did not work.

Also there is a higher risk of having a baby with Downs Syndrome.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

12-19-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by File0 View Post
Well yeah, I haven't said that!
I just said (you could see it if you'd try to) that it's different when you have family - you think differently, feel differently, do differently. And that according to my experiences women do it better and easier, but it doesn't mean I judged her!!!
'According to your experience' does not equal fact. To assume that men are worse that looking after children is also pretty sexist.

Your views are old fashioned.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-19-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
'According to your experience' does not equal fact. To assume that men are worse that looking after children is also pretty sexist.

Your views are old fashioned.

You will learn one day dear Misa.

marriage should be mutual-- sharing. not one dominate over the other but SHARE.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

12-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
You will learn one day dear Misa.

marriage should be mutual-- sharing. not one dominate over the other but SHARE.
Where did I say that it shouldn't?

Marriage SHOULD be mutual, it should be a two sided thing. The women shouldn't have to stay at home if she doesn't want to, nor should the man. There should be compromise and balance.

The views of the older people on this forum worry me way more than other younger members do.