LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
junicorn (Offline)
New to JF

03-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
For most of us decent guys, it's kind of an accident. We have to lift it to use it, and then just forget to put it down (something we're not required to do but is polite). I mean, if guys really wanted to start an argument, we could ask "Why don't girls lift the seat up when they're done?" As men we're just expected to do it instead to be decent.
The reason it is expected for a man to put the seat down and not for a woman to put it up is bc if a girl fumbles into the bathroom and sits down, she falls INTO the toilet...worse that can happen on the guys end is he pees on the seat. I actually know a guy who fell in when he ran to do number 2.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

03-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
To the contrary, I find being treated 'like a queen' ironically rather demeaning. It's suffocating. You don't have room to think; for the act to work you're not required or really wanted to think. I honestly appreciate when guys hold a door open for me, or stop me from breaking my neck on stairs like an ice rink but it's way too much to have everything done for you. I also a man and an equal, not a servant or a dog running around panting after my every whim. I mean, gross!
And what did I tell you, ahaha , real women do not like it. Thank you, Colombine.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junicorn View Post
The reason it is expected for a man to put the seat down and not for a woman to put it up is bc if a girl fumbles into the bathroom and sits down, she falls INTO the toilet...worse that can happen on the guys end is he pees on the seat. I actually know a guy who fell in when he ran to do number 2.
I shouldn't laugh but...

haha

(Just glad thats never happened to me, I hope karmas not listening)
(#34 (permalink))
Old
catbat (Offline)
spaced

03-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
I dont like big breasts. I like them shaped but not overflowing. Besides I am an ass / belly / thighs guy. I like the ass round shaped and pinchy, belly fit and not too plush and thighs where I can see some muscles vibrating under the skin.
That is a relief to hear. My bf is always on about big boobs. Good to see theres 2 guys who aren't obsessed with them. I almost like the same in a guy.
ass / arms / belly.

Kyoko Honda- For there to be pain, there has to be kindness. For darkness to stand out, there has to be the sun.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhebi13 View Post
I feel for you. I used to wait tables and I always appreciated the kind gestures from customers and staff alike. Okay i'm going to sound like a big head here but I do try and live upto the points you mentioned. It's funny, it's not how I was raised either so I think with me it's nature over nature. I did see a lot of woman hating so I think I rebelled it against it. Who knows?

You are right that it shouldn't be bound by gender too. Anyone can try to be courageous, generous, just, courteous and help the weak and I do think there are a lot of men and women out there who are like that.
I can tell you exactly who is more likely to return a tray or hold a door in order of likeliness:
A guy who thinks I or my coworker are cute
A young guy with his girlfriend
A woman by herself,
Two male friends
A man by himself
A mum without her kids
A mixed group of teens (bucking the 'teens are inconsiderate' view maybe?)
Elderly people
An older married couple no kids
Two young women
A teen boy
Teen girls
Little kids
Parents of the little kids
The disabled

and we have yet to have a group of teen boys in by themselves, but then I guess a vegetarian organic cafe is not really their scene, and maybe the boys who do come in aren't quite as rough and ready as those who patron other cafes. :/ Pagan men are lovely though, maybe it's because they worship a goddess and believe in karma, but they're always super considerate and friendly.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I can tell you exactly who is more likely to return a tray or hold a door in order of likeliness:
A guy who thinks I or my coworker are cute
A young guy with his girlfriend
A woman by herself,
Two male friends
A man by himself
A mum without her kids
A mixed group of teens (bucking the 'teens are inconsiderate' view maybe?)
Elderly people
An older married couple no kids
Two young women
A teen boy
Teen girls
Little kids
Parents of the little kids
The disabled

and we have yet to have a group of teen boys in by themselves, but then I guess a vegetarian organic cafe is not really their scene, and maybe the boys who do come in aren't quite as rough and ready as those who patron other cafes. :/ Pagan men are lovely though, maybe it's because they worship a goddess and believe in karma, but they're always super considerate and friendly.
I can agree with the list totally. Yeah, where you work may get more "sensitive" types anyway, not like the "macho" types we used to get. As for Pagan men, The Goddess worship must really make for a group of nurturers and protectors as if they are trying to emulate The God in his role as consort it would lead to them being more considerate.

I like your responses.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhebi13 View Post
I can agree with the list totally. Yeah, where you work may get more "sensitive" types anyway, not like the "macho" types we used to get. As for Pagan men, The Goddess worship must really make for a group of nurturers and protectors as if they are trying to emulate The God in his role as consort it would lead to them being more considerate.

I like your responses.
Haha, oh we get little groups of petrol-head motorcyclists and builders in too. And business types. Couldn't call them not 'macho'. 8/
(#38 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

03-07-2011, 11:36 AM

ass - FTW! i always go for that. boobs are not as important. and if i had to chose - better if a bit smaller than a bit too big.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
03-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbat View Post
Something i've always wanted to know is why do guys leave the loo seat up?
(if you don't then good for you)
I don't so good for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbat View Post
And if a girl was say, humble in the chest area, does it really make a difference to if you ask her out?
I always looked after small to even smaller chested girls. A image of a sixty year old woman with breasts hanging all the way to her ankles keeps haunting me (seaside + old woman with big boobs in youth + topless = image printed in the retina permanently), plus, I consider them for what are really there, feeding babies. Can't deny, I like touching them, but size doesn't matter, it's the same feeling (at least for me).

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#40 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-07-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junicorn View Post
You've got to look what you're doing no matter who you are. Just the same as a guy has to look to make sure the seat is up, a girl should look before she sits down. As I said, we do this out of courtesy, but that can only go so far before you're just an idiot if you don't look where you sit, and that can be applied to not just bathrooms.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography