(#31 (permalink))
Old
Fyer (Offline)
...did you say matches?

Send a message via AIM to Fyer
07-13-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
What makes people believe that they can make it work from far away?
Faith? The simple notion that there is love for everyone out there, whether in this life or next. Its just..the 21st century's way of dealing with emotions. Like before, you fell for the people around you, since you couldnt talk to others outside of your town, since it took so long to get notice there. And now, we can talk to people on the other side of the world with a click of a button

~*Pardon me, while I burst into flames*~
REIRA'S A BEAST!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Maybe. But sometimes I'm surprised how much people actually trust one another.. like.. it's amazing. O__O
It's rare that I trust people whom I've never met. But on the other hand, people from irl could be lying directly to your face as well. Awrgh. *sighs* I guess it doesn't matter then. O__O

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

07-14-2007, 10:43 AM

I ve read most of these comments and people that are commenting on long distance relationships seems to automatically assume its with someone you have never met before, and generally met over the internet. I am currently in a relationship, it is not long distance 'yet' however we are both going to University next year so it may become a long distance relationship, i hope it does not, because even though i know it could work, its hard enough being a day with out being able to hold her.
What do you, think you need to be able to make a long distance relationship work, emotions?, trust? of course you would need trust, patients as well....

Will.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
(#34 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Long distance relationship is very tough, but it's crazy because I'm with someone that I can connect with and we have so much in common. These type of relationship can be hard because I'm a very touchy feely and uh very grr... type of a girl . Sadly, it is my first relationship. I've thought about breaking it off, but this is very hard because of that mental connection.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
lpdirufangirl09 (Offline)
Gaijin Zombie Hero

Send a message via AIM to lpdirufangirl09
07-16-2007, 09:14 PM

i was in a few in past years. nothing serious though. i'd kinda like one. idk. we'll see.

I'll bloom as the poison flower
and become the flower that blooms again.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Personally think it's possible. But the chances of it working is low, VERY low. I have friends who met over a game and are now married and have a son.

But the chances of it really happening is low.

To Kakashi: No age to love? What? So a newly born kid can fall in love? Not true. In my opinion, before anyone is like 30 something, they cannot have felt true love. We don't have enough experience with people enough to know 'love'. Personally. I don't believe in 'love'. 'love' Is meant to be perfect, there is no suck thing as a perfect relationship.

When you love someone, you love EVERYTHING about them. That person has NO faults, he/she is PERFECT. Now taking that. Tell me that your current BF/GF , or ex's were perfect.

------------------------------------------

Long distance relationships are hard to work, because, like Maku, I have to be there in person to SHOW my love to the person. That's not possible over a few thousand miles.

But, I know how people are gonna hate me for this here, but I'm gonna say it.

1: I don't ONE of the couples here on this board will last.

That means, Iamkira + Musashi.
That means, Kakashi + Hosuwashi ( I think that was it)
That means Luna + hwoever.

2: I think Long distance relationships have become more of one of those 'band wagon' things that every person must try, or do.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
*applause*

Those could have been my words. I agree with you on every single point.
Whoa!! someone agreed with me!! *faints* and its a g... a gi...*faints again*

Bye
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
In my opinion, before anyone is like 30 something, they cannot have felt true love. We don't have enough experience with people enough to know 'love'.

30? Hahahaa no! I agree that we've gotta be old enough to experience real love, but a 15 year-old can feel love. I first fell in love when I was like 14, and I can tell it wasn't just a fad.

You not having experienced it yet doesn't mean no one has.

I don't consider dating over the net as a long distance relationship. If you've never seen each other face to face you cannot know how you feel about each other.

Drazz lol!

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#39 (permalink))
Old
tiki808 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-17-2007, 10:44 AM

i fell in love when i was 14 also and when i say fell in love i mean LOVE kinda lame i know it was weird because i liked him from the moment i saw him in 6th grade but then in 7th grade we were in the same class and i didnt like him anymore then during summer he asked me out like 10 times(literally) and i rejected him then we went to different high schools and on aim we started talking again then he asked me out then i fell for him all over again gee that relationship was fun even though he couldnt stand not being in the same school and stuff (a SEMI long distance relationship haha) but that suddenly was the cause of the break up ok im gonna stop now sorry but it was fun to remember the good times

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-17-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I don't consider dating over the net as a long distance relationship. If you've never seen each other face to face you cannot know how you feel about each other.
However you can like that persons 'internet-personality'. I mean, you can like how a person behaves on internet. You can like the image you create of someone based on how he/she acts towards you via e-mail, messenger, forumboards etc. And if you can like that image, I *guess* that you can also fall in love with that (probably idealised) image you have of such a person?

The catch is that of course there can be a large gap between your idealised "internet"-image of someone and how that person in reality (face to face) is....my sis took her chance and ended up living together with her wow-bf in Sweden....odd things happen

Bye