LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yes, you are. You went as far as to suggest it was ok for the US to have dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki because allies are supposed to help allies and so the US had to step in and help out any way possible, regardless of the consequences..
Suki, it as absolutely ponderous to me that you can repeatedly say that I said the above, be shown your mistake, and then just pretend like those are the facts, the truth be damned.

All you have managed to prove is that screen caps don't make your case when you were mistaken from the beginning.

How is saying allies should help allies so awful? Does anyone besides Suki think this is such an offensive notion?
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Suki, it as absolutely ponderous to me that you can repeatedly say that I said the above, be shown your mistake, and then just pretend like those are the facts, the truth be damned.

All you have managed to prove is that screen caps don't make your case when you were mistaken from the beginning.

How is saying allies should help allies so awful? Does anyone besides Suki think this is such an offensive notion?
Yeah, well basically, I think that Suki thinks (he/she can correct me if I'm wrong) that you think that the japanese deserve to be bombarded and all those atrocities they've suffered. And wouldn't you think the same thing of a person who said the same thing about Americans?

Last edited by Elenwe : 02-16-2011 at 01:05 AM.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenwe View Post
Yeah, well basically, I think that Suki thinks (he/she can correct me if I'm wrong) that you think that the japanese deserve to be bombarded and all those atrocities they've suffered. And wouldn't you think the same thing of a person who said the same thing about Americans?
This is why I adamantly correct people when they misquote me.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
This is why I adamantly correct people when they misquote me.
Ah well, you need to tell them that you didn't mean that. People misread a lot on the internet.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Ah well, you need to tell them that you didn't mean that. People misread a lot on the internet.
I appreciate your guidance and welcome to the forums.

I do not need to tell anyone that I didn't mean something I didn't say.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your guidance and welcome to the forums.

I do not need to tell anyone that I didn't mean something I didn't say.
Well, whatever you want to do about this is your business.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

02-16-2011, 06:14 AM

Yes, clearly MMM is the one overreacting and being way to sensitive here!

This is why I stay out of the general topics subforum: too many crazy people. MMM has always remained very calm when confronted with the right-wing nut jobs that populate any thread having to do with American politics and people who refuse to acknowledge facts even when proven wrong. The internet isn't a democracy, and if people don't like how a website is moderated they do not have to visit the website anymore.

Excuse me, back to the language section where MMM and Nyororin do a GREAT job of moderating out the filth.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-16-2011, 07:16 AM

WoW

I find myself on the side of the....

Mods!

Thats what they do they moderate i.e stop arguments (before they start, in the middle or even to say enough).

Geography?

Really!

Just so we all understand ive had some contact with mods myself but I did a few things different

I pm'd my concerns and had replys from 2 mods...what i didnt do was make an issue out of somthing pretty trivial in my opionin.

I def did not start throwing out names in a public forum.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-16-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:

maybe you should educate yoursef re what the japanese did in the war. then come back and make an educated comment
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
02-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Like I explained in the thread from which I took the screen caps, the end does not justify the means. If you believe it was right for the US to do what they did because they were helping their allies then you'll have to agree that it'd be right for other Islamic countries to attack the US, because they bear a duty to their allies in times of conflict, and the US is a common enemy to all of them. Now, I would not approve of any other country declaring war to the US because of what they did to the Iraqui people, the same way I believe they US made the wrong call by getting in a war they could have stayed out of. That's the point I was trying to make and it's pretty obvious to me. That's why I fail to understand how you can just say it was their duty to help them though violent means, even if this seemed to be the only way to end a world war.

everything is relative and contradictory ~