LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

08-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
How can you save any money when there's an economic crisis going on? We all have bills to pay, if you've forgotten.
Sorry to be so blunt....but you're a moron. Just because you don't have enough money to buy it doesn't mean you should be handed it then....câlice de tabarnak woman...

That's like if I'm running low on money one month and I can't afford the newspaper so I go to my neighbors driveway early in the morning and take theirs.

Is it right?

NO.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
How can you save any money when there's an economic crisis going on? We all have bills to pay, if you've forgotten.
not exactly and by mean no offense. manga companies in the usa do not bring the whole potentials of sales. american companies dealing with manga or anime are not mature enough in my opinion. you just need to wait longer to fix or to improve that whole business sector for the consumers. it is not that i am a huge anime fan or something. do chinese game shows count?
(#113 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Thank you for being understanding, Robin. You know, I like you better than MMM right now. He was supposed to give me a warning before he banned me. Back to the subject, I don't see online manga as a bad thing. Yes it doesn't help out the manga-kas, but it helped the fans stay on track with what's going on. It's not like all the people who read online manga don't care that it's illegal. They know, but money is tight these days. I bet you that if this economic crisis was to go away, manga purchases would increase. But being that that is not the case, online manga reading is on the high.
I understand what you're saying Yes, money is tight these days, I for one can't afford half the stuff I used to do, so I simply go without and wait until I can afford it. I think that's why people are getting so frustrated in general, and perhaps with some of your comments. I know you disagree with Nyorin and MMM, and that's fine as we're all entitled to our opinions. The thing is though they do make some good points.

Mangas get published because the manga-kas get paid, so they can afford materials, staff etc. and the publishers release manga as they get paid, and they need to afford staff, materials etc. too. If people read manga online for free then these people don't get any money. If they don't get money they can't afford to create manga. If they don't create manga then there's nothing for us to read. Then stealing/buying isn' an issue, because there isn't anything for us to steal/buy.

If you imagine it's you providing a service, whether that's selling burgers or managing a band, then suddenly someone starts doing that job for free, then no one will hire you and you're out of a job :P Not an excellent analogy but it works. If manga-kas are out of a job, there's simply no manga. A sad fact

I know you're frustrated, and you have a right to be. Hell, I'd love to be able to update my manga collection too, there's a lot I want right now However maybe there's other alternatives, maybe there's things companies could do to help people who can't afford it, whether that's lowering prices or introducing sites where we can pay to download. There's other solutions, but 'stealing' isn't one that works in the long run.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-09-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
Sorry to be so blunt....but you're a moron. Just because you don't have enough money to buy it doesn't mean you should be handed it then....câlice de tabarnak woman...

That's like if I'm running low on money one month and I can't afford the newspaper so I go to my neighbors driveway early in the morning and take theirs.

Is it right?

NO.
Sorry to be so blunt...... but for you to call me a moron because I have my own opinion and belief about this situation tells me that you don't respect what I have to say. And FYI, I have manga that I bought on my own. I don't just rely on online manga.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Misericordias (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Sorry to be so blunt...... but for you to call me a moron because I have my own opinion and belief about this situation tells me that you don't respect what I have to say. And FYI, I have manga that I bought on my own. I don't just rely on online manga.

How can you ask for other people to respect your beliefs and opinions when you reject and act callously towards other people's opinions and beliefs? You still haven't answered why you feel that you're entitled to read manga. Yes, we realize that money is tight in your situation but what we're asking for is for you to be considerate to the people who's work you're essentially stealing. These people are also suffering from the economic downturn just as you are and by depriving them of the profits gained by legitimately purchasing their work, you're harming them even more.

What people are trying to say (which has been said repeatedly) is that reading manga is not something essential to living. It's not something so precious that once manga is cut from your life, you'll shrivel up and die. I'm absolutely sure that there are other alternative form of entertainment that are out there that don't require you to indulge in illegal activities.

I ask that you stop being so self-centered (and I say that in the nicest way possible) and realize that your current form of getting manga is doing more harm than good.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
ponadok (Offline)
New to JF

08-09-2010, 02:56 PM

You know what i do? i go down to my local library! nowadays most libraries have manga haha not the newest i admit but here they have many its good you should go .
(#117 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misericordias View Post
How can you ask for other people to respect your beliefs and opinions when you reject and act callously towards other people's opinions and beliefs? You still haven't answered why you feel that you're entitled to read manga. Yes, we realize that money is tight in your situation but what we're asking for is for you to be considerate to the people who's work you're essentially stealing. These people are also suffering from the economic downturn just as you are and by depriving them of the profits gained by legitimately purchasing their work, you're harming them even more.

What people are trying to say (which has been said repeatedly) is that reading manga is not something essential to living. It's not something so precious that once manga is cut from your life, you'll shrivel up and die. I'm absolutely sure that there are other alternative form of entertainment that are out there that don't require you to indulge in illegal activities.

I ask that you stop being so self-centered (and I say that in the nicest way possible) and realize that your current form of getting manga is doing more harm than good.
I'm not rejecting anyone's opinions. They're rejecting mine, FYI. And I repsect what you have to say about this. Also, I'm not self-centered.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponadok View Post
You know what i do? i go down to my local library! nowadays most libraries have manga haha not the newest i admit but here they have many its good you should go .
I've tried that many times. They always have the same volumes.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
ponadok (Offline)
New to JF

08-09-2010, 04:28 PM

oh that sucks the one here gets new volumes every 1 to 2 weeks oh well.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not rejecting anyone's opinions. They're rejecting mine, FYI. And I repsect what you have to say about this. Also, I'm not self-centered.
Please don't try and rewrite history.