Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-14-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
hello yuri
some people believe in being reincarnnated and some dont
Hello, hinata. Thank you.

Do you like Japanese anime? Have you watched “Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon” or
“InuYasha, a Feudal Fairy Tale”? In these stories, some people get reincarnated.
Do you feel unnaturalness watching them?

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
(#302 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

08-14-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
I would have to say I personally don't believe in it...but I don't rule it out either. Unexplainable things have happened, even in my own life. Being raised with Christian beliefs from childhood doesn't leave much room for beliefs that souls come back into this life from previous ones.

Most importantlly, I do not have an issue with other individuals from different backgrounds holding to their beliefs which have been known since childhood. Wandering the internet as I have done for many years has expanded my horizons.
Koir, thanks.
So, Christians believe that you don’t have any previous lives. I see.

I have a question.
Can you visit shrines of other religions and pray something there?
I believe Christianity is a monotheistic religion. Can you pray in front of other gods?
Many tourists from foreign countries visit shrines in Japan, and they pray something there. Many of them seem to be Christians. Is that no problems?

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
(#303 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Koir, thanks.
So, Christians believe that you don’t have any previous lives. I see.

I have a question.
Can you visit shrines of other religions and pray something there?
I believe Christianity is a monotheistic religion. Can you pray in front of other gods?
Many tourists from foreign countries visit shrines in Japan, and they pray something there. Many of them seem to be Christians. Is that no problems?
Very strict, hardcore Christians wouldn't probably do it, but those types don't tend to travel to Japan. Many Americans identify themselves as Christian, but don't go to church weekly, or do anything special outside of holidays like Christmas and Easter. These types of people would have no problem visiting a shrine or temple and ring the bell, etc. This is the majority of visitors that go to Japan.
(#304 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

08-14-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Very strict, hardcore Christians wouldn't probably do it, but those types don't tend to travel to Japan. Many Americans identify themselves as Christian, but don't go to church weekly, or do anything special outside of holidays like Christmas and Easter. These types of people would have no problem visiting a shrine or temple and ring the bell, etc. This is the majority of visitors that go to Japan.
*seconds what MMM says*

People identify themselves as "Christians" but don't necessarily follow all the practices, or exclude the ideas other religions have to offer. If anything, it offers another way to connect to what is in the next life, or other god figures that exist.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#305 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

08-15-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Quote:
*seconds what MMM says*

People identify themselves as "Christians" but don't necessarily follow all the practices, or exclude the ideas other religions have to offer. If anything, it offers another way to connect to what is in the next life, or other god figures that exist.
Hi, MMM, Koir. Thank you very much.
I thought a monotheistic religion may have been too strict, but I was wrong.
I’ve learned much from reading your posts. I need to understand your culture to learn English. Your continued support will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you again!

I YamaP
(#306 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

08-16-2009, 02:12 AM

Hi.
Could you correct my English?

"Fireworks Display"

There is a fireworks display on August 15 every year near my house. I enjoyed again watching it this year.
People used to shout “Kagiya” and “Tamaya” watching Fireworks in the Edo Period. Kagiya is the oldest fireworks maker in Japan, and Tamaya is the second. They set off fireworks on a river alternately. Kagiya was in the lower course of a river, and Tamaya was in the upper. People shouted the makers’ names admiring them.
Today, few people shout that because Tamaya was extinguished for an accidental fire in 1843, and there are many fireworks makers.
However, small children were enjoying shouting Kagiya and Tamaya this year. Their parents may have told them to shout it when they watch fireworks. Their voices were very cute.

Thank you.

http://www.souke-kagiya.co.jp/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hanabi10.jpg (21.8 KB, 22 views)

I YamaP
(#307 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

08-16-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Could you correct my English?

"Fireworks Display"

Every August 15 there is a fireworks display held close to where I live. I watched and enjoyed it again this year.
In the Edo era, people used to shout “Kagiya” and “Tamaya” while watching fireworks displays. Kagiya was the oldest fireworks maker in Japan, and Tamaya was the second. They would alternate their fireworks displays on the banks of a river. Kagiya was in the lower course of a river, and Tamaya was in the upper. People would shout the makers’ names in admiration.
Today, few people shout that because the Tamaya company was destroyed in a fire in 1843. Also, there are now quite a few fireworks manufacturers.
Regardless, small children enjoyed shouting "Kagiya" and "Tamaya" this year. Their parents may have told them to shout it when they watch fireworks. Their voices were very cute.

Thank you.

http://www.souke-kagiya.co.jp/
Fireworks are quite spectacular sights. I've seen a few in the past, and they never fail to amaze me with their colours and sounds. In the anime series I've watched, "Kagiya" was never spoken by the characters ("Tamaya" was spoken instead).

Minor revisions were done to shuffle sentence parts around to read more naturally. Some changes were also done to verb tenses to eliminate some confusion.

As for Tamaya, I did my revisions on the feeling that the 1843 fire put an end to the company due to massive damage to their stock and manufacturing ability. I hope that is a correct interpretation of the event.

Good work in the post, Yuri!

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#308 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

08-16-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinyuai View Post
HELLO,YURI,
i'm xinyuai,from China,
and i 'm very interested in Japan,for everything , like culture, language,and so on..
and i'd like to make a Janpanese friend,as you,
would you like to make a friend with me ?
xinyuai
Hello, xinyuai.
Why you don't receive private messages?

I YamaP
(#309 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

08-16-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Fireworks are quite spectacular sights. I've seen a few in the past, and they never fail to amaze me with their colours and sounds. In the anime series I've watched, "Kagiya" was never spoken by the characters ("Tamaya" was spoken instead).
Hi, Koir. Thanks as always.
You have heard people shout Tamaya in some anime films! That’s great!!
Did you know what Tamaya was then?

Quote:
As for Tamaya, I did my revisions on the feeling that the 1843 fire put an end to the company due to massive damage to their stock and manufacturing ability. I hope that is a correct interpretation of the event.

Good work in the post, Yuri!
Actually, the accidental fire spread and burned the half of the town down. In those days, an accidental fire was a felony charge. Tamaya got asset forfeiture. The master of Tamaya, Ichibee, was banished. So, I wrote Tamaya was extinguished.
Should I have written about how Tamaya got extinguished?

I YamaP
(#310 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

08-16-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Kagiya was the oldest fireworks maker in Japan, and Tamaya was the second.
Sorry, I have a question.
Kagiya is the oldest fireworks maker still now. They are making fireworks.
Should I write "Kagiya was the oldest fireworks maker in Japan."?

I YamaP