JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
04-26-2008, 03:37 AM

From reading the comments thus far, I get the feeling most of you have not experienced true depression. Do not mistake profound sadness for depression, for they are not the same.

In a true bout of depression the mind no longer functions correctly. Trying to be logical by saying think happy thoughts, or saying how lucky you are compared to others will not work. It is a deep darkness and you can see no way out. It also really has little to do with past events. It is a state of hopelessness. While an event may had triggered the state, it is thoughts of the future that keep a person in despair.

Depression can be overcome but it may take a little time, while the mind tries to reorder itself. To do as KikiBunny23 is doing and write can be very therapeutic. Creative activities such as writing, drawing, or playing music, can help one work though the flood of emotions, as well as being a good distraction from the sense of despair.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#12 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

04-26-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 View Post
No offense but I wish my dad would die...he can get pretty abusive when he's drunk. And yeah, I know people handle things differently. I have a mix of friends and we seem like we shouldn't even know each other. I mean....one is all happy and cheerful, another goes through guys easily, one is very hyper, one gets moody easily, and the other is a major prep. So yeah...they dump they're probs on me and your right....the is the way the cookie crumbles
Yeah I've got friends like that too....but oh well thats what make life wotrth living really some thing new damn near very day........and the thing about my dad was he wasfuckin awsome though.....I mean the father thing must suck never been around an abusive person before.........and yeah it does seem to be the way the cookie crumbles xD well I'm out i got to get some rest....and if you don;t mind I'll add you to my buddy list cuz you seem very interesting

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#13 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
04-26-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDuff View Post
Yeah I've got friends like that too....but oh well thats what make life wotrth living really some thing new damn near very day........and the thing about my dad was he wasfuckin awsome though.....I mean the father thing must suck never been around an abusive person before.........and yeah it does seem to be the way the cookie crumbles xD well I'm out i got to get some rest....and if you don;t mind I'll add you to my buddy list cuz you seem very interesting
Thats fine

And I'm sorry about your dad...
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-26-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
If I get depressed - I think damn, there are children starving in Africa, people dying of aids, people stuck in countries run by corrupt governments - I'm lucky.

I'm an optimistic person and don't get depressed anymore.
You are absolutely right there.Things might be very difficult many times but we must also always see the bright part of things and also be grateful by what we have and not complain for what we don't have.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-26-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
If I get depressed - I think damn, there are children starving in Africa, people dying of aids, people stuck in countries run by corrupt governments - I'm lucky.
Woah, I get more depressed when I think about those things. How can you not when you are so helpless to change the lives of those people?

If I get depressed, I just tell myself that I'm not in the worst situation. It's kinda similar to you, but I don't actually THINK of all those people that are worse off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
From reading the comments thus far, I get the feeling most of you have not experienced true depression. Do not mistake profound sadness for depression, for they are not the same.

In a true bout of depression the mind no longer functions correctly. Trying to be logical by saying think happy thoughts, or saying how lucky you are compared to others will not work. It is a deep darkness and you can see no way out. It also really has little to do with past events. It is a state of hopelessness. While an event may had triggered the state, it is thoughts of the future that keep a person in despair.

Depression can be overcome but it may take a little time, while the mind tries to reorder itself. To do as KikiBunny23 is doing and write can be very therapeutic. Creative activities such as writing, drawing, or playing music, can help one work though the flood of emotions, as well as being a good distraction from the sense of despair.
I think that people know they're not talking about true depression, at least I hope. If you are truely depressed, then there is no advice to give, other than go see a doctor. It's actually a mental illness. What we are talking about, or at least, what I am talking about is what you call profound sadness.

Last edited by noodle : 04-26-2008 at 08:45 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
04-26-2008, 08:52 AM

oddly enough >.>'
when this one gets depressed/profound sadness~~

this one becomes...
either...exceedingly cute ._.'''
or exceedingly irritable and sometimes violent >.>'

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Aoiru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-26-2008, 08:59 AM

When I get sad... I go for a smoke and cry it away.
Then just think "there is millions of people who got it harder on life than you. why do you complain?". Therefore it makes me to think, it is good I have it better than they.

when I get depressed.. well.. I wait to something good to happen.

花は桜 君は美し 春のこもれび 君の微笑み
冬が終わり 雪が溶けて 君の心に春が舞い込む...

[/size]
(#18 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-26-2008, 02:51 PM

lol this thread is kinda .....depressing lol !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

04-26-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
lol this thread is kinda .....depressing lol !
no one wants to hear your stupid bull shit exspecail here

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

04-26-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 View Post
Thats fine

And I'm sorry about your dad...
it's ok it just takes time to get over these things need to ever talk just send me an a-mail or PM