JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#241 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
However my main concerns with China is over it's poor human rights record, and especially the future of Tibet and Taiwan, both of which I'd like to see become independant. I'd probably like to go to China one day, but no matter what happens, my main interest will always be with Japan and their culture.
How would you enforce human rights in a very collectivist society that is totally different from the west? I used to live in South Korea and I never think that South Korea has a human rights; only by paper.

Tibet? Remember the Dorje Shugden controversy that regressed Dalai Lama into a religious dictator against his own followers? Dalai Lama has its own problems more than towards China. And let's not forget that Dalai Lama is still funded by CIA.

As for Taiwan? Just keep America away and everything will be fine.

China already become a world superpower without being very direct towards the world. It's because China doesn't necessarily need to be direct in the first place.
(#242 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

02-23-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
China already become a world superpower without being very direct towards the world. It's because China doesn't necessarily need to be direct in the first place.
Really if the Chinese Premier WenJiaBao says China isn't a super power, then I think it's safe to say she isn't a superpower (yet).

But China really isn't interested in being a "Super Power" as it doesn't really give it many benefits. All it is interested in is how to keep the country together (Tibet, Taiwan included) and how to get everyone out of poverty (educated and clothes etc.). It doesn't exert any political influence on any other country and it will do business with anyone in the world if it bring economic benefits for her citizens.

Although sometimes, this back fires when you deal with a REALLY nasty regime like Dafur incident and Zimbabwe. She's learnt that the economic benefit might be outweighed by the bad publicity by associating yourself with an bad apple.
(#243 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-23-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
Although sometimes, this back fires when you deal with a REALLY nasty regime like Dafur incident and Zimbabwe. She's learnt that the economic benefit might be outweighed by the bad publicity by associating yourself with an bad apple.
not just bad publicity, there is also moral standing! - i agree with you though

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#244 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

02-23-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
But when you look at population size, and useable land and resources...

No, I still think this is an age of super powers. I think Russia will come back, too.
But you can't look at that alone. You have to look at economics and the integration of various non-state actors into the global politics among other things.
(#245 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

02-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
But China really isn't interested in being a "Super Power" as it doesn't really give it many benefits. All it is interested in is how to keep the country together (Tibet, Taiwan included) and how to get everyone out of poverty (educated and clothes etc.). It doesn't exert any political influence on any other country and it will do business with anyone in the world if it bring economic benefits for her citizens.
Then it'll be better for China to not openly claim that she is the superpower of the world, instead.

Quote:
Or perhaps the western media is all American CIA mumbo-jumbos.
(#246 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to lincken
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennaz View Post
It's no doubt that the whole world would change if China became the new superpower of the world. Other countries will receive more Chinese-made products and more schools in the richer countries will offer Mandarin classes (if I ever have children they would probably learn the Chinese language in school). However my main concerns with China is over it's poor human rights record, and especially the future of Tibet and Taiwan, both of which I'd like to see become independant. I'd probably like to go to China one day, but no matter what happens, my main interest will always be with Japan and their culture.
It seems that we have been badly brain-washed by out own countries' propaganda.
Apart from plitical right ( as westerned world defined one of the most important factors incoporated in Human right), Chinese poeple (including Tibeten, but not Taiwanes whoes domocracy is totaly a joke.)share their most human rights in the river of their 5000 long history.
People from UK like u have a strange thought, however mean u can imagine, as we have seen in the history. What Uk government would like to do is to rise the war or dispeace between countries or within one country, such Pakistan and India over Kashmir, China and India over Sounthern Tibet..
I think it would be most pleasant for to see China have been broken up into pieces Taiwan,TIbet,ShangHai,Fujian,ZHEJiang……
I have such a sympothy about the North Irealand to be invaded and annexed by UK.. and I wonder what ur opinnion about my response?
(#247 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

09-13-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy10000 View Post

Is that wong? This offer good environment for athletes .actually most people in Beijing support this . I'm living ang working in Beijing.
Yeah, I can assure that almost every Chinese pro what the government took as to make the road less crowed during the Olympic Games holded in China, better severing all participaters.

Unluckily, westerners blame the gov for what thy have done....Thy like stubborn old men who stick to their way of thinking and degrade the way of chinse poeple think.

What make this world runs smoothly since different people and races live in this world ... Incorparating different people's way of thinking ,and respecting each other!!
(#248 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-13-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincken View Post

What make this world runs smoothly since different people and races live in this world ... Incorparating different people's way of thinking ,and respecting each other!!
I agree! How about you Chinese start by giving back Tibet!
(#249 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

09-13-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Dude, I have been to china... Spent just under a month there... The reason I debate about China, is because I've experienced it and it's a million times better than anything the media has said. It's a beautiful country and it has beautiful people.
Thank u noodles, thank u for u not being brain-washed by western medium and defense for China out of the reality.

Many people would have a dramatic conversion of their opinnion towards China,as u say "it's a million times better than anything the media has said".

Those who badly rely on western medium from which they got infomation about China, in my opinion , have not right to blame or damn China and Chinese unless they have and want to know a real China.

Yes, being a communist country, but China is on its way to adjust her development itinerary, both ecomically and politically. But not to adjust her way to cater to westerners. Communist is not as bad as think, China is providing another itinerary for those countries who are not suitable to capitalism.

From my point of perspective, may be in some day , communism and capitalism would merge into Compitalism or something like that.

Last edited by lincken : 09-13-2009 at 01:40 PM.
(#250 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

09-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I agree! How about you Chinese start by giving back Tibet!
Do you really know what Tibeten exactally expect? or u really know it BUT just through ur countries' medium or the troublesome-maker ,dictator,and the puppet of USA gov--DALAI LAMA?

Last edited by lincken : 09-14-2009 at 12:49 AM.