(#11 (permalink))
Old
Almazing1000 (Offline)
虚栄心、完全に私

Send a message via AIM to Almazing1000
01-01-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Can anyone explain me the benefits of being a member of this group?
Well I'd have to say that the primary benefit would be a place where you can have mature and diverse conversations about Nippon. But there is a "movie club" which is pretty much when the group as a whole decides on a movie, and everyone watches it, make a thread about it and discuss it later (we did this in college, and we watched a lot of good movies). As a group we'll try to support a fellow group member's thread if they decide to create one, that way if they have something that they feel is important in a thread then as a group we can add any info we have to that, and make it a "true discussion". There are a ton of other ideas those are just like a few examples. But overall we kinda want to make JF just a little bit classier. I mean you see a lot of threads there are basically the same like "I want to move to Japan" or "I'm looking for friends" and they really lack substance. What we want to do is try to encourage threads that can help people learn more about Nippon, or introduce people to newer things. I know that everyone so far has a great deal of knowledge about Nippon in one way or another, and when you add all of that up, and make the discussions more productive or Nippon oriented then you'll have a place where people can get as much information as they need without really having to ask for it, and if they have a question they can get really good answers without having to worry about sarcastic remarks. I personally will retain any information that I have for our group members, so I know that the info that I'm giving out is put to good use. I want to help people who wants to talk about and be introduced to more than just Naruto, or Dragon Ball Z. Plus MutsuYakumo knows a lot of people, and can really open some doors for people who are honestly interested in visiting Nippon. So I would say the nearly unlimited amount of information is the benefit of joining this group.

Freedom of Speech = Me saying what I want when I want... Douche
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
01-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Greg

Basketball, socializing with people, going for a walk, snowboarding, and meeting all kinds of people.

Currently I'm studying Japanese in my spare time and I can't really learn the language without learning the culture to go alongside it. I want to discuss such things without people saying random words pretending they can speak japanese. It annoys me.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-02-2009, 12:12 AM

I understand everybody's concern, but basically it's no different from just being a member of JF. For instance if a member of TON makes a thread wanting to discuss something important about Japan there's no guarantee that no wapanese will come to make their kawai! posts.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I understand everybody's concern, but basically it's no different from just being a member of JF. For instance if a member of TON makes a thread wanting to discuss something important about Japan there's no guarantee that no wapanese will come to make their kawai! posts.
That is true, but they'll be smoked out of the conversation so quick they'll have no choice but to either not post on that particular thread or bring their comments up to our level. We would really like the latter of the two, but after a while people will begin to realize that their Otakuness will not be tolerated in our discussions.

You can pay for school, but you can't buy Class.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 01:16 AM

Here's our first Roster, you all should have received 2 PMs from me. Thanks a lot, and welcome there is a lot in store!

Almazing1000
Keaton421
MisaMisa
SHAD0W
MMM
Ronin4Hire
Lucas89
GregFromScotland

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-02-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuYakumo View Post
That is true, but they'll be smoked out of the conversation so quick they'll have no choice but to either not post on that particular thread or bring their comments up to our level. We would really like the latter of the two, but after a while people will begin to realize that their Otakuness will not be tolerated in our discussions.
I see, but, still why not just start making threads and flame the otuku asses out instead of making an individual group and becoming enclosed from the perspective of others.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I see, but, still why not just start making threads and flame the otuku asses out instead of making an individual group and becoming enclosed from the perspective of others.
By golly you can count on us to keep doing that. This is just our positive, informative side, HQ if you will. And if an otaku wants to get educated, they can look here too.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#18 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
01-02-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
golly
Golly? Did you just crawl out of the 50s?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
By golly you can count on us to keep doing that. This is just our positive, informative side, HQ if you will. And if an otaku wants to get educated, they can look here too.
Precisely!

Quote:
The group is totally open to join. We want there to be a group so we can have a common ground, we know what to expect when posting, and set a higher standard. Plus there's more to it than demolishing Otaku, We really want to help people who want to be helped. But like my buddy said "I personally will retain any information that I have for our group members so I know that the info that I'm giving out is put to good use."

(#20 (permalink))
Old
LILTRINA (Offline)
New to JF

01-02-2009, 02:09 AM

Name: Trina

Intrest: Learning about other cultures, movies and fashion.

Why: Because I want to learn more and talk more about japan with out the otakuyness. <--if thats a word.