LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
01-02-2009, 02:33 AM

Kai13

Politics, economy, Japanese, Japanese culture in general, Chinese, chinese culture as well, handheld videogames, History...

I would like to join TON because I know i'll learn something from it. Also, I have nowhere to go on the internets other than JF, so, if I can have a little more to read I'll be happy.

Thanks.

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-02-2009, 03:47 AM

I am all about classing up JF and increasing the level of discussion. I am not into flaming people because they aren't at a certain level the group has decided they haven't met. There is nothing classy about flaming. Educating? sure. Flaming? No.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 04:12 AM

I'm sure that everyone has informative, and helpful intentions. I can't dictate what people do personally. But The Order of Nippon is about helping people, and stimulating conversations. We can however politely ask a person not to comment if they can't keep up with the conversation, or something to that extent.

You can pay for school, but you can't buy Class.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2009, 04:14 AM

Name:

Interests: Japanese fashion, Japanese culture, aaaannnnddddd....the internet

Why: I think it's because it seems like fun to join you guys, and I think this would be another good way to learn more about Japan

Otakus? god...believe me, there are people I know that purposefuly try to immitate Japanese girls by doing squeaky voices AND use words like 'kawaii' and 'hai' and 'desu' a bit TOO much -__-

plus, i agree with Mutsu up there, wouldn't it be easier to just ASK the freakin' otakus to stop doing those uncool posts? well, i'm sure they'll read these first few posts and get scared away anyways hahah

Last edited by MissHoneyBeeee : 03-24-2016 at 06:11 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
01-02-2009, 04:20 AM

I would like to be part of it. Since I really have interest in Japanese Culture.
It starts with this book I have a looooooooooooooooong time ago... it was about Bruce Lee. (I know he was born at california and raised at hong kong, but this was my first step to have interest in Oriental themes)
There for I start my investigations... in fact, this year I start to pay by my own a few lessons of Japanese (with a Japanese Girl here in Mexico).
So, My Sensei already teach me to write Hiragana... to read, to speak.
As soon I improve it ... I would like to start Katana.... and after that Kanji (and, if it is posible, go to Japan to "graduate from Katana" or something like that.
Ok. thats it... cya.

Nki Loves You.

Last edited by Nki : 01-02-2009 at 04:22 AM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nki View Post
I would like to be part of it. Since I really have interest in Japanese Culture.
It starts with this book I have a looooooooooooooooong time ago... it was about Bruce Lee. (I know he was born at california and raised at hong kong, but this was my first step to have interest in Oriental themes)
There for I start my investigations... in fact, this year I start to pay by my own a few lessons of Japanese (with a Japanese Girl here in Mexico).
So, My Sensei already teach me to write Hiragana... to read, to speak.
As soon I improve it ... I would like to start Katana.... and after that Kanji (and, if it is posible, go to Japan to "graduate from Katana" or something like that.
Ok. thats it... cya.
mm...all u answered was the interest part o-0 u forgot the name and reason why you wanna join
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
01-02-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHoneyBeeee View Post
mm...all u answered was the interest part o-0 u forgot the name and reason why you wanna join
Ammm.. ok. Name: Nki Waxaratary
Why: I Oriental way of life... and the most interesting
Oriental place(in my opinion) is that Beautyful Island... Japan.

Kimi ga Yo ("May your reign last forever")

Nki Loves You.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2009, 12:20 PM

My $.02. Honey, I like your attitude but the sig and txt typing is a bit unbecoming for the Order of Nippon And we won't be talking much about Japanese fashion unless it's something very classy.

Nki, not to split hairs but no one really says Oriental anymore. And how do you graduate from Katana, are you studying Kenjutsu possibly? Have you tried making flashcards, or using Mnemosyne or Anki to remember your Katakana?

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#29 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-02-2009, 12:30 PM

Its about time the ball got rollin' here.

Can we talk about the Japanese Emperor? I hate to say it, but this is a topic I know nothing about and its not something I'd like wikipedia to solve.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

01-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuYakumo View Post
Here's our first Roster, you all should have received 2 PMs from me. Thanks a lot, and welcome there is a lot in store!

Almazing1000
Keaton421
MisaMisa
SHAD0W
MMM
Ronin4Hire
Lucas89
GregFromScotland
Roster Status Update!
We would like to welcome:

Nki
Kai13
MissHoneyBeeee
LILTRINA

Oh and everyone, things are going to really get started this Monday, that way I can have my secretary get everything organized for me. Remember Movie Ideas, Questions post them and we'll get answers.
Suggestions PM me and I'll reply ASAP.

You can pay for school, but you can't buy Class.