LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Happyandcontent (Offline)
New to JF

04-09-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uKidOki21 View Post
I so know what you mean ...I'm part Japanese but I live in the Philippines. I'm in high school right now and the boys just keep picking on me. They said that I act funny and weird because I like anime and sometimes speak in Japanese. Sometimes, they even mess with my drawings and one time, a boy classmate of mine even dropped an entire case of my drawings from the 2nd floor.
Oh dear... Please do not let it affect you. One day, you will look back and you will feel proud of who you are and what you are and that you had once stood your ground for that. If you or anyone ever feel really bad because of all these, pls dun keep it inside yourself. Its unhealthy. Let it out, I am sure pple here will understand

I know of a song that I hope will cheer you up. -Tegami (Letter):Angela Aki (just search on You Tube if you can't find the song)

Remember, people do make fun of things that they themselves are unsure of,simply just to assure themselves of their own sense of security. In a nutshell, these people feels insecure about diversity
(#102 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
04-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Once, a guy called me strange for liking a dog-eating pedophile country. However, if you flaunt the fact by always expressing you love to Japan to others around you, they're bound to get annoyed of it and use the same thing you love to attack you to annoy for it, because they know you love it.

In real-life I don't get hassled by it so much, however on another forum I visit people try and annoy me about it. People say I try to BE japanese? The thing it, I'm not trying to be anything. I'm proud to be Scottish. Just because I like another culture, doesn't mean I have to live as if I was born to revolve around that culture.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
akire1024 (Offline)
New to JF

04-09-2009, 03:35 PM

After I moved in with my dad to start at a new school my Sophomore year, I had the opportunity to take Japanese, and was going to, until m dad told me it was a waste of my time, and I should take Spanish since many Americans speak Spanish. He told me it would help me to get a job better, when i told him I wanted to do Graphic design and that I didn't want to learn Spanish he got mad at me. Even after one of his close friends told him that I should be learning Japanese, bc it would be useful if I did persue a career in GD, he still forced me to take Spanish. It wasn't until recently that, now that I'm a senior, and going to a school that doesn't offer Japanese, has he accepted my new career choice (Teaching English in Japan.) and tried helping me to learn Japanese, even getting me pc programs similar to Rosetta Stone.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
04-09-2009, 03:37 PM

people would tell me to dream on cuz its never going to happen and that your not japanese soo why would you want to go to japan.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM

I got made fun of severely.
Still do, even as I graduate high school in June.

In 5th grade, I was still very beginning on learning more about japan and the language.
And two witch twins came up to me, and said, "They bombed Hawai'i! You're anti-american!"

And people assume I like the culture, and so I must totally be obsessed with anime. Not. (However, I do read manga.)
I sometimes use japanese when I'm startled or excited without thinking. It's bad, but hey, at least I say more than "Kawaii" or "desu." And I don't have a high pitch voice anymore, so that's out the window xDD
I even get made fun of by adults who catch me using it with friends or if I use it by accident with my boyfriend.

I was part of the anime/japanese culture club, and I was VP. However, after the President left, me and the teacher overseer had a misunderstanding, and when I told her she wasn't being fair, she quit. Stupid biotch. It was really stupid, too. But that was when I was 15. ._.;

However, I normally don't mind it now- I had spread my interest into other languages, and just because I'm white doesn't mean I should think english is number one. ;/

Edit; About trying to be Japanese, screw that. I do bow by habit, which is something I got used to in martial arts. but that's it. I'm just me. :/

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

04-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
people would tell me to dream on cuz its never going to happen and that your not japanese soo why would you want to go to japan.
A long as you take action you can make your dreamcome true
(#107 (permalink))
Old
ChiAmaterasuNeko (Offline)
♪~♫~♪

04-11-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexster View Post
What?! I hate people like that.

They told me to go back to China.

But I couldn't say anything, because that day I was at SKoOL I was on strike for abortion. It was a silent protest. (and how much I wanted to say something >.<")
Wait...you're from China, Pex? *is confused*

Also, you were on strike because you're /against/ abortion, right?

My JapanForum Family:
SephirothVVC--Psychotic Partner in Crime
HikkiFM--Adopted Daughter
Pexster -- My Cute Little Experiment

Member of: Shinobi no Mono Clan
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

04-12-2009, 10:53 AM

I shall talk to you about this through a PM. ^^

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.

Last edited by Pexster : 04-12-2009 at 11:03 AM.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
ChiAmaterasuNeko (Offline)
♪~♫~♪

04-12-2009, 04:49 PM

Ok. I'll go check now. -^_^-

My JapanForum Family:
SephirothVVC--Psychotic Partner in Crime
HikkiFM--Adopted Daughter
Pexster -- My Cute Little Experiment

Member of: Shinobi no Mono Clan
(#110 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
04-13-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
Those people usually:
1. Have no dreams to make them happen, and usually no goals for the future.
2. Just want to bring you down with them, as most of them are not semi or fully open-minded and never have been (probably).

You just stick to your dream/goal, like I do. I dream of living, working and enjoying my life (not that I don't enjoy now.. hehe) in Japan. But first, I want to go on a working holiday to have a more realistic view of Japan. I've never been there so...

Peace

music reflects the soul of the man

Last edited by kMal : 04-13-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added a little sentence