JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yaodongjiang (Offline)
New to JF

Q:your views of china's current and future problem. - 03-11-2009, 08:22 PM

its nice to be here and meet all you guys~ as the title said, i am from shanghai,china ,and i am studying architecture in USA. briefly, i have to admit the huge gap bw our two countries nowadays.
however, as a normal chinese guy, i, only represent myself, respect japanese. i did not and still do not expect any respects from japanese in terms of our chinese “well" reputations in the safety of products and the conflicts of copy rights. there is no way to reject those facts, even though it is hard to accept as an chinese. i feel shame every times i heard such news.
as citizens in the developed country,japan, ur life standard was almost overtake the position of US. i therefore really admire the generation at that period. they work so hard and do not think the question as what they can get from the country, but what they can give to the country. 30 years before, toyota and honda were still called shitbox in us. nowadays, they almost killed US's big three. 30 years before, japanese students rushed into western world for studying. nowadays, western start to rush into japan. 30 years before, there is no one in united states would like to learn any japanese as their second language and they even made racial TV shows to have fun with japanese. nowadays, they started to think their life styles are wrong and learn from japanese with humble. japan spent 30 years to achieve the position u are enjoying today as the culture and economic leader in the whole world.
i do not know how long it will takes to turn around our chinese reputation in the world. we just started. 30 years before, we do not have any thing to show off on this planet except the world largest political party. 20 years before, we started to build our finance market by following japanese structure and got economy growth. 10 years before, we started to copy japanese car and make ours. 5 years before, we started to be called as the factory of world and sold cheap goods everywhere. i do not know what will happen to china in the future. we are still called as thief of copyrights and our products are even able to substitute the word of "garbage".
50 years before, japan and china used to be at the same point. now, china behind 20 years compared to current japan almost in every fields as i know so far. in chinese, we have a proverb, people will never be a good teacher before they become good students. japan used to be chinese teacher 30 years before, and, i deem, japan still is and will be our teacher.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Japan's most trusted ally at the end is China. Yes, thanks to the many mischaps in the current Japanese politics.

But come on, South Korea used to be the "theif of the world" until recently and now this country just started to make creative quality products. Japan used to copy Europe and America long time ago and overcame this copy syndrome.

As a Chaoxianzu (Korean people from China) descendant, China needs patience and it will have the very respect.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
hennaz (Offline)
こんにちは!

03-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Yep, China have been ripping off of Japanese products alright (like the "Chintendo" Vii console! Hahahahaha LOL ). Anyway, I'm glad to hear that a Chinese guy like you actually likes Japan. I've always seen China and Japan as vicious rivals (both ecnomically, politically, and even to some extent in football). As long as both the Chinese and Japanese governments work on improving relations with each other, and Chinese start thinking about the good things Japan have done to China in the past (eg. aid and Japanese-brand electronics), then they could become great allies. Let's hope that the Japanese PM doesn't visit Yasukuni shrine.

Hennaz ヘンナズ

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-11-2009, 11:48 PM

In my opinion China's population is it's biggest problem. Not only is it large... but as a result of Chinese culture and it's one child policy, the male population is disproportionate to it's female population.

I don't know how it will do it but China needs to discourage this cultural practice of favouring male children. I'm not particularly against the one child policy though... I'm not sure what else China could do to curb it's population growth.

Also you talk of respect for China. For China to gain respect in my opinion, it needs to give Tibet true autonamy, leave Taiwan alone, and stop aiding corrupt and genocidal dictatorships in Africa.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

03-12-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Also you talk of respect for China. For China to gain respect in my opinion, it needs to give Tibet true autonamy, leave Taiwan alone, and stop aiding corrupt and genocidal dictatorships in Africa.
I'm cuious on this "respect" from the west? Why does China need it? I thought it already got that from the US according to Hiliary Clinton from the last visit. Human rights? errr no let's talk treasury bond.

IMHO, China just needs to walk it's own path and ignore the western hippies. Which is of course what it is doing.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

03-12-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
In my opinion China's population is it's biggest problem. Not only is it large... but as a result of Chinese culture and it's one child policy, the male population is disproportionate to it's female population.

I don't know how it will do it but China needs to discourage this cultural practice of favouring male children. I'm not particularly against the one child policy though... I'm not sure what else China could do to curb it's population growth.
The last time I noticed, there has been some plan for years to get rid of the one child policy for good. But it needs a steady step to do this.

China has been like this for centuries. Same as Korea even today.

Oh well, we need more Chinese immigrants in the west anyways.

Quote:
it needs to give Tibet true autonamy,
Let's see if this happens. Well, can't see it in any ways.

Quote:
leave Taiwan alone,
But President Ma loves China than his own Taiwanese people. After 8 years of Taiwanese independent party being dominant in Taiwanese politics... and never achieved anything besides a crippling economy in early 2000.

Taiwan lost its chance to be independent.

Quote:
and stop aiding corrupt and genocidal dictatorships in Africa.
It will be aide if Americans gives support to African dictators. Remember several ex-British countries in western Africa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
I'm cuious on this "respect" from the west? Why does China need it? I thought it already got that from the US according to Hiliary Clinton from the last visit. Human rights? errr no let's talk treasury bond.

IMHO, China just needs to walk it's own path and ignore the western hippies. Which is of course what it is doing.
Thank goodness that America has become a loyal servant to the Chinese government.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Yazoo (Offline)
JF Regular

03-12-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
US is no better, it practically forces it's will on other countries.

As for the OP, china has jumped leaps and bounds in recent years. It took Japan a long time to arrive at it's current state. Things like this don't happen overnight. China's time to shine will arrive.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

03-12-2009, 02:18 AM

According to my great-grandmother (who has lived past 90), I have Chinese ancestors.
After learning this, my interest in China has grown.

I would definitely like to visit in the future.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
aznzishu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to aznzishu Send a message via MSN to aznzishu Send a message via Yahoo to aznzishu Send a message via Skype™ to aznzishu
03-12-2009, 07:03 AM

China's current problem is the Government, their greed for power
the people need to be open more and help each other out, and stop being afraid
the Future problem is that if everyone, not just China, keeps being greedy, it will engulf the world

Team Xerguelras all da wayz!~
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

03-12-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznzishu View Post
China's current problem is the Government, their greed for power
the people need to be open more and help each other out, and stop being afraid
the Future problem is that if everyone, not just China, keeps being greedy, it will engulf the world
I fail to see how government's greed for power is a China specific problem?