LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-10-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Then they found out in Brazil you have more freedom, but less rights.
LOL, that is a funny one!

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-10-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Like I said I think they were very excited. I'm sure they weren't Chinese. People tend to lose their train of thought in these situations where they experience a culture that has less constraints than their own. When I lived in Brazil, I saw Westerners (Americans and British mostly) go crazy because you are free to do anything that doesn't hurt or offend anyone(this is difficult to do in Brazil but it can happen). However, some went overboard and they were arrested. Then they found out in Brazil you have more freedom, but less rights.
It is just that physical contact is something that is more avoided by Japanese adults (especially with strangers) so it is hard to me imagine Japanese tourists pushing people out of the way, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-10-2009, 07:03 AM

Thats really interesting.

Ive met some people from Japan before and they were very very polite. Almost to polite it seemed, Ive never met anyone from France tho. I did met some German kids and they weren't so nice.

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-10-2009, 10:28 AM

Quite interesting I might say. Here's something about English tourists however.

An Englishman without a pint, is a gentleman.
An Englishman with a pint, is a monster.

The British like to drink. A lot. It's the biggest binge drinking country either in the EU, or the world. Although, as people, they are very warm, and humorous when they're not drunk. Especially if you go into the country side. I have a deep love for the people of this country. As well as a deep hate.

As for the French, I've never seen one outside of France. And I had bad experiences in France.

For the Turks, being a Turk myself, I know exactly how this is. Turkish people tend to be obnoxious, loud and mocking as a whole. Although, to be fair, that is only the young men of this generation. Before that, the generation consists of traditional men, with traditional wives.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
The British like to drink. A lot. It's the biggest binge drinking country either in the EU, or the world.
I think you might be confusing Britan with the UK, which includes Ireland. It would make a differnce (a big differance) if you took Ireland out of the picture... I think.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-10-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I think you might be confusing Britan with the UK, which includes Ireland. It would make a differnce (a big differance) if you took Ireland out of the picture... I think.
Touché.

Aye, I meant the UK.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

07-10-2009, 12:12 PM

and the world's worst LOOKING tourists go to....... the chinese

camera.jpg
taking-pictures.jpg

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-10-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
and the world's worst LOOKING tourists go to....... the chinese

Attachment 10186
Attachment 10187
Let's face it. We'll never be as cool as these guys.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-10-2009, 12:17 PM

Must be Kung Fu master from Wu Dang. Horse stance. Very powerful.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM

I am always a little bit puzzled by that - whenever I see Chinese tourists (in Japan or elsewhere), they always seem to be dressed VERY plainly or have gone completely overboard. Women always seem to have very simple straight hair styles, tied back OR they have ultra-bleached hair contorted into some shape I can`t identify.

Of course I`m sure there have been normal looking groups that haven`t lingered in my memory simply because they do look so normal... But not that many.

Is there some sort of cultural rule about dressing as plainly as possible while traveling? And only the most insane outgoing weirdos ignore it...?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.