07-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
and the world's worst LOOKING tourists go to....... the chinese

Attachment 10186
Attachment 10187
Rotfl! They look so funny XD

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-11-2009, 01:35 AM

I think saying French this or Japanese that is too general. I'm sure each country has various regions that have differences as well. For instance, I'm from the Midwest, wich has slightly different ways of interacting than folks out East or down South or out West.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Cypsis (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Cypsis
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM

xD I just came back from my trip to Prague. I met a lot of new people there and saw many tourist groups. I don´t have much of a opinion, but
1)French boys wanted only sex and fun
2) South-africans and local black people always wanted to be near (You know what I mean)
(BTW: I´m a blond girl so.... O.O)
3) Japanese, Koreans, Chinese were into sights, they talked quiet and they really were clean.

I think it depends of a person you are. some are bad tourists and some not.

A Girl with a dream
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Alvinho (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Alvinho
07-11-2009, 03:25 PM

The dudes who did the research just forgot to include Israelis....whoever has ever worked in hotels knows what I'm talking about.....it's odd because most French tourists I've come across here in Brazil are nicer to deal with....obviously there are the snobby ones, but...

In a communist country, there's one president who grabs all life's benefits, dozens of burocrats who drain tax payers' money and 8 million go through harsh starvation.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

07-12-2009, 12:13 AM

I have to say that my experiences in France were pretty awful. I studied French for nearly ten years (although Japanese has pretty much ruined my ability to use it), and as I have said elsewhere, I spent time in France. Despite being able to speak French to a degree, the French people I met refused, absolutely refused to acknowledge my French. I had to speak English to get them to speak with me at all, and then they gave me this look as if I should be speaking French!

I remember talking to my French teacher on the Metro in French, and a group of girls, probably college students, started pointing, laughing, and repeating everything we said obnoxiously- and my teacher was French! Not too many days later, there was another incident at a sandwich stand where the shopkeeper tossed our food at us, but made a great show of politely handing food to French customers.

I would say that almost every day during my time in France, we encountered someone who was just acting like... well... a total jerk. I don't think it was us, especially now that I've lived in Korea and Japan as well, and know I can adapt to other cultures.

If the French treat tourists to France this badly, I am unsurprised they would keep the same attitude when going abroad. This is not to say all the French people I met while in France were jerks, nor am I saying France isn't worth it. I am saying... be prepared.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-12-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
and the world's worst LOOKING tourists go to....... the chinese

Attachment 10186
Attachment 10187
The Hong Kong tourists are definitely different.

Cheers - Oz
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM

We get a lot of foreign and American tourists in this part of Texas. Generally, most of them are very nice and enjoyable guests. When I worked in hotels, there was rarely any problems with foreign tourists.

But when there were problems was usually the Americans. It didn't matter whether they were families, business people, young, old, rich, or poor. Any time there was a disturbance, rudeness, arrogance, or just plain thoughtless stupidity, it was almost always my own countrymen. It is disgraceful.

The only other constistent problem I have ever had traveling was with the French. Those I have met traveling outside their country could not have been nicer. Unfortunately, it seems when you enter their borders things change. Someone said maybe it is a regional issue. Well, they were consistently rude, unhelpful, arrogant, and derisive in Paris, Nice, Nantes, Calais, and Bordeaux. If its regional its a very large region. At the time i thought it was just because they dislike Americans, but I have since learned from others that it is directed at almost any foreigner - whether you speak French or not.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

Location: Versailles, France (not Hellmouth, Sunnydale, lol!)
Send a message via MSN to KitsuneFr Send a message via Yahoo to KitsuneFr
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM

As french and living in Versailles, well, I had the regret to see some kinda things sometimes. As speaking english, a bit german and low average japanese (but enough to discuss with my japanese friends here), I always try to be nice when tourists needs help. But some of my compatriots are too often not so nice : last week I was walking near to the Palace with the kids, and I saw two chinese girls who were asking in english for the railroad station; nobody noticed them, not even look at them nor stop. So I went, asked which station (as we have 3 major stations in town, different lines) and I bring them to the station. So the thanked me and left (and the kids asked me after if I had spoken japanese to the girls lol! They had begun english lessons at school this year, but they could not recognize it!). I think it is polite, and once in Eindhoven, Holland, I had the same problem like the chinese girls and the person that I asked did the same, so this time i was my turn to be kind and helpful

Recently I went to London; I really enjoyed the city, and the people there. Smiling decent people and not hurrying, all the opposite of Paris and around.

Concerning our tourists, well, considering part of them are only speaking french or bad english, and the fact I found myself that we are generally arrogant, I understand that we've finished at worst top ranking

Sometimes I don't feel french anymore, I believe to think differently from them, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't travel much, but I expect to have been better than them

Nice day to you all!

Qu'est ce qui pourrait être plus beau que les fleurs de cerisier?
さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(Sakura no hana ga daisuki desu yo!)
(#49 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneFr View Post
As french and living in Versailles, well, I had the regret to see some kinda things sometimes. As speaking english, a bit german and low average japanese (but enough to discuss with my japanese friends here), I always try to be nice when tourists needs help. But some of my compatriots are too often not so nice : last week I was walking near to the Palace with the kids, and I saw two chinese girls who were asking in english for the railroad station; nobody noticed them, not even look at them nor stop. So I went, asked which station (as we have 3 major stations in town, different lines) and I bring them to the station. So the thanked me and left (and the kids asked me after if I had spoken japanese to the girls lol! They had begun english lessons at school this year, but they could not recognize it!). I think it is polite, and once in Eindhoven, Holland, I had the same problem like the chinese girls and the person that I asked did the same, so this time i was my turn to be kind and helpful

Recently I went to London; I really enjoyed the city, and the people there. Smiling decent people and not hurrying, all the opposite of Paris and around.

Concerning our tourists, well, considering part of them are only speaking french or bad english, and the fact I found myself that we are generally arrogant, I understand that we've finished at worst top ranking

Sometimes I don't feel french anymore, I believe to think differently from them, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't travel much, but I expect to have been better than them

Nice day to you all!

Hah!
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
07-17-2009, 01:50 PM

.....well I work at Walt Disney World in Orlando so I'm dealing with foreigners all day long, so far the French seem nice, Brazilians need to slow there speech down so that Hispanics can understand what they want, the British accent is a pain in the ass, SOME Mexicans/other tourists need to understand that they ARE bathrooms around the corner and don't need to pee/take a dump in the surrounding vegetation/corners of the parks, American's need to remember that Disney's Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios ARE not the same park and have nothing to do with each other and every one needs to learn how to freaking read because the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motors, Action are two very different attractions....tourist need to freaking learn how to drive too...either that or get a fucking cab or stay at the resorts

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3