LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-21-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
How did this occur? Did the person in germany have a physical condition? it sounded more mental and if so they would keep developing like a male for the next few years am i correct?
Born 100% normal male. Liked to play Barbie instead of Cowboys and Marines. Decided to make a fashion statement at 16. Absolutely no physical condition.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Nyororin,

Sorry to ask, but I thought you said your son was missing 30% of his brain. If his mental development is behind, I doubt he'll have dramatic gender issues. Do you really think sexuality will cross his mind much when he is older?

Anyway, I never agree that people in male or female bodies who think they're the opposite sex inside are anything other than mentally challenged. But, in your sons case, I think he should be able to do whatever he wants. You should support him on it. Hemaphrodites really are a different story than what is going on here.
At this point, he`s about 15 to 30% behind in development. That puts him right on the borderline for mild mental retardation. He`s expected to have an adult IQ of about a 14 to 16 year old.
I have a feeling that 14 to 16 year olds have sexuality cross their minds pretty darned often.

And by the way, a hermaphrodite develops (to some extent) both sets of genitalia. My son did not develop either. It`s called "ambiguous genitalia" and is completely different than hermaphroditism.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

07-21-2009, 03:07 PM

I can understand in the case of nyorins son btw i hope he can live as happy and fulfilling life in whatever way he can. but if you have no physical reason to do it and just feel the desire to touch a girls naughty giblets then get a girlfriendlolol. Seriously though their body might continue to grow like a man i understand there are hormones and all but I just don't think that this was necessary. I used to fell seperated from guys and girls but it all fell into place when i turned like 16 or 17. They should have just waited.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

07-21-2009, 03:11 PM

I would think that feeling "different" is not quite the same as feeling strongly that you ARE the other gender. The kid in this case consistently identified with the females and never with the males their entire life. Not just an issue of going through a stage, etc.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-21-2009, 03:13 PM

I don't think a sex change is good at any age.

Sex-changes did play a role in the billions of years of organism that have existed here on Earth. So what's the point? Because you want to be cool? Cliche? Different? Stand-out?

What has America come to...

猿も木から落ちる
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

07-21-2009, 03:15 PM

It's too young. At 16 I was sure of myself and my mind and two years on, my opinions are still the same, but I would not put myself through something that is completely irreversible at a stage in life where opinions can easily change. You can't even get a tattoo at 16 here, so having life changing surgery is pretty stupid. Of course if you've felt that way all of your life, I don't see why a couple of years to be legal and sure would make much difference. But I'm not a physiatrist.

But, to be honest, I don't care. I just wouldn't personally do it. It's not hurting anyone.

Last edited by MissMisa : 07-21-2009 at 03:18 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

07-21-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
What has America come to...
Too bad this didn`t happen in America.

Quote:
It's too young. At 16 I was sure of myself and my mind and two years on, my opinions are still the same, but I would not put myself through something that is completely irreversible when at a stage in life where opinions can easily change. You can't even get a tattoo at 16 here, so having life changing surgery is pretty stupid.

But, to be honest, I don't care. I just wouldn't personally do it. It's not hurting anyone.
But not choosing to do anything is also making the choice to put yourself through something completely irreversible. Once puberty hits and the body goes through those changes, you cannot reverse them. So it`s one path or the other - there is no middle road where nothing irreversible happens. You might not be so sure of yourself at 16, but I am fairly certain you were at least sure of what gender you were...

Last edited by Nyororin : 07-21-2009 at 03:20 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Too bad this didn`t happen in America.

But not choosing to do anything is also making the choice to put yourself through something completely irreversible. Once puberty hits and the body goes through those changes, you cannot reverse them. So it`s one path or the other - there is no middle road where nothing irreversible happens. You might not be so sure of yourself at 16, but I am fairly certain you were at least sure of what gender you were...
Then I rephrase,
What has the world come to?

猿も木から落ちる
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
At this point, he`s about 15 to 30% behind in development. That puts him right on the borderline for mild mental retardation. He`s expected to have an adult IQ of about a 14 to 16 year old.
I have a feeling that 14 to 16 year olds have sexuality cross their minds pretty darned often.
Well, if he's anything like me, he'll be sleeping with his bedroom door shut at 9...

But that is males, anyway. If you think he is more female, then who knows. Girls are a massive mystery.

Quote:
And by the way, a hermaphrodite develops (to some extent) both sets of genitalia. My son did not develop either. It`s called "ambiguous genitalia" and is completely different than hermaphroditism.
You're right. I never realized. Anyway, same point, different words...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

07-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Well, if he's anything like me, he'll be sleeping with his bedroom door shut at 9...

But that is males, anyway. If you think he is more female, then who knows. Girls are a massive mystery.
I don`t know. He doesn`t act like all the other little boys, but I can`t say he acts exactly like the little girls either. Really, I don`t care either way. What happens is what happens. If he grows up to be a "feminine" boy, then so be it.

Quote:
You're right. I never realized. Anyway, same point, different words...
No problem. Not too many people do know.