JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#251 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 12:39 PM

OK, most of it is on the History Commons website. They have huge archives there. I didn't say that America was an evil country at all. Heck, even regime change in Iraq had some logic but they went about it the wrong way, most Americans agree on that. Ritter suggested dialogue rather than just diving on in there.

About the initials, sorry, they save time and I assume you know as you did.

I read that document but it showed another problem, lack of coordination between intel agencies. They still had screeds of info on terrorists. They knew about Atta but took their foot off the gas. They were determined to link Iraq in, even Richard Clarke said they were itching for a pretext like shooting a plane down.

Face it, it's all about the control of oil and having a fine strategic placement.

Next specific question. Do you deny the existence of explosives on the day of 9/11?

Last edited by Seanus : 08-10-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: to add a letter
(#252 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-10-2009, 04:46 PM

I was not going to say anything more since this thread has really been taxing for me. But I will stress the importance of staying on track and getting back to content related to what the OP posted before the whole thread is locked.

solemnclockwork more power to you man i can see your starting to get heated lol

Last edited by Sinestra : 08-10-2009 at 06:35 PM.
(#253 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 05:20 PM

I agree, I'll try and steer it back on course and be more moderate/tone it down. To sum up, I think that the bomb shouldn't have been dropped because of the loss of innocent life. Still, I understand the views of the guys above that it may have saved even more lives and that it woke up the world to stop their wicked deeds. It's just unfortunate that our lives are in the hands of others. The politicians should have been targetted and not innocent civilians. This is true of current times also. The Shin Bet, for example, should be in there and trying to take out Hamas members, rather than putting people with nothing to do with it in the line of fire. America may have been better hiring some hitmen to take out senior politicians in Japan but different times, different ways. Look at the results in Gaza and also Serbia. People with nothing to do with it having axes being planted through their skulls and being decapitated. It was ghastly.

So, in short, try to minimise the loss of innocent life but look for alternative options.
(#254 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 05:56 PM

More rehash.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#255 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 07:19 PM

It's called a summary. If you want to take the discussion in a new direction, be my guest!
(#256 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-10-2009, 07:24 PM

I told you Ronin. I don't want to talk to you. I think I should report to the mods because you're trying to harp on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
This impacts on our argument because to you... the limited success (though I must stress the success part) which Asian countries have taken on Democracy means that Democracy has failed in Asia and is due in large part to Confucianist philosophy. It's simply not true. In fact the ex South Korean president I mentioned earlier, whose name I forget but who wrote an essay on this subject that I think is really amazing, not only points out that Asia has thus far, adopted liberalism faster than Europe did since the age of enlightenment began in the 17th century, but also points out that many of the principles of Confucianism are actually very compatible with liberalism.
It will still never change my mind, other than that, Singapore is a terrible example as it is more like a Western country than Asian due to its history.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#257 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-10-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
I told you Ronin. I don't want to talk to you. I think I should report to the mods because you're trying to harp on me.

It will still never change my mind, other than that, Singapore is a terrible example as it is more like a Western country than Asian due to its history.
AAAAGH!!! I wasn't even giving Singapore as an example!!! The only relevance Singapore has to what I said was that Lee Kuan Sew (the guy that made the same argument as you) is from Singapore! Otherwise Singapore had nothing at all to do with anything I said!!! He's also an Asian and he makes the exact same argument as you! Singapore had absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said! In fact the only reason I brought Lee Kuan Sew up is because the essay written by the former South Korean president rebuts the argument that he made specifically. I mean c'mon dude... I'm seriously starting to question your English language ability here... I mean you seem to miss all the points I make and then pick up and run with the most irrelevant bits of information that I give. I'm thinking the main reason I can't change your mind is because you can't understand me rather than our opinions are irreconcilable. (I guess this is where you pull out your favourite word.. what was it? Ad hominem?)

Anyway report me to the mods all you want. I've said nothing out of line. All I've done is analyse, and deconstruct your fundamental opinions in order to expose the flaws in your way of thinking.

If you REALLY don't want to talk to me then put me on your ignore list. That way I can comment on your opinions that I don't agree with.. and you won't even have to know about it.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-10-2009 at 09:00 PM.
(#258 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
The only relevance Singapore has to what I said was that Lee Kuan Sew is from Singapore!
That's not the point. He's a Westernized Asian in a Western country in Asia called Singapore. You used a terrible example.

(#259 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-10-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I mean c'mon dude... I'm seriously starting to question your English language ability here...
I'm seriously starting to question your ability to think beyond the Western scope. Have a wider view of the world. The world isn't only consist of Western thinking.

Quote:
If you REALLY don't want to talk to me then put me on your ignore list. That way I can comment on your opinions that I don't agree with.. and you won't even have to know about it.
No, that just means avoiding. What parts don't you understand?

Last edited by komitsuki : 08-10-2009 at 09:08 PM.
(#260 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
It's called a summary. If you want to take the discussion in a new direction, be my guest!
To summarize is to put all your points into a short paragraph. Rehashing is to keep summarizing over and over again. We get it that you feel the bombing was wrong and you know of covert ways of taking care of the problems by individuals instead of Nukes from WWII to 9/11 and today.
Does this cover it?

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!