(#211 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
10-14-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl View Post
Thank you, Voyager! And Sinsetra: We are not ignorant. You are the one who is being ignorant. You ARE picking a fight. I mean c'mon the line: "Here we go again!" That only proves that you were trying to pick a fight. You're being very rude and critcal to the posters...un-necessarily rude, it is one thing to have a strong opinion, but to be RUDE is another. I was exasperated with you, that's my argument, but I think it's a bad rep for Obama on what his supporters look like. I might've changed my mind 'bout him were his supporters not so...so...arrogant
Be active in the discussion he was not active in any of the discussion going on. You are under the impression that agree with everything that Obama does, well i dont i myself am critical of him but not (UNFAIRLY) i dont stand to make money from bashing him like some of his critics do. Once you said your peace i said i respected it because you posted factual info. Iv got a laundry list of things i cant stand about politicians on both sides including independents its not hard to dig up dirt its not hard including whom you stated your pick for Prez was, its all relative. After Obama has run his time we all will be here again or on some other forum having the exact same arguments about the new president though the roles maybe reversed.

Im sorry im not going to listen to people who think they know more about the NPP than the actually judges who run it (see article i posted a few pages back). Which brings me back to my point. If you want to blame someone for him getting the NPP blame the ones who nominated him not Obama. Thats like me blaming the Japanese because the car that happen to hit that little boy walking across the street was a Honda.

(#212 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
A pretty strong statement.

It is foolish for anyone to think that race had nothing to do with the election of the president. At the same time its not a good thing to assume people decisions or opposing opinions of the president are always based on race.

More and more I see when one's opposing political views etc about the presidents are backed into a corner, the race card is played. I see when any opposing opinion is formed against the president's actions, its called racists when color is never mentioned.

Its growing old and its wonderful that Obama is in office as the first African American president just so America can start to get over this, as well as other countries.
I see, so if people say he won the presidency or won the Nobel Peace Prize because he is black, then that is OK, but if someone says there are people hate the president because of his race, then that is not OK?

You can't have it both ways.

Feel free to answer those other questions at your leisure.

Last edited by MMM : 10-14-2009 at 09:45 PM.
(#213 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I see, so if people say he won the presidency or won the Nobel Peace Prize because he is black, then that is OK, but if someone says there are people hate the president because of his race, then that is not OK?

You can't have it both ways.

Feel free to answer those other questions at your leisure.
Neither are okay. My point was race was involved, not that it is right.

I see your point though and its a good one.
I digress.
(#214 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Neither are okay. My point was race was involved, not that it is right.
I think that was my point too.
(#215 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I think that was my point too.
I read your statement in a different light.
Definitely reading it in your light now...
Fair good point.
(#216 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
10-14-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
A pretty strong statement.

It is foolish for anyone to think that race had nothing to do with the election of the president. At the same time its not a good thing to assume people decisions or opposing opinions of the president are always based on race.

More and more I see when one's opposing political views etc about the presidents are backed into a corner, the race card is played. I see when any opposing opinion is formed against the president's actions, its called racists when color is never mentioned.

Its growing old and its wonderful that Obama is in office as the first African American president just so America can start to get over this, as well as other countries.
I agree with you...I believe race was involved...I've known it from the start, and like MMM said, I've tried to hold it, but *shakes head* I just can't any more! Yeah, I think it's great and all too that he's the first African-American President, but don't you think it's gone a little over-board?

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#217 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I agree with you...I believe race was involved...I've known it from the start, and like MMM said, I've tried to hold it, but *shakes head* I just can't any more! Yeah, I think it's great and all too that he's the first African-American President, but don't you think it's gone a little over-board?
I don't understand. What has gone overboard?
(#218 (permalink))
Old
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

10-15-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I don't understand. What has gone overboard?
Mmm...the media and stuff, dattebayo? Yeah sure he's the first President that's African American, but don't you think the media has just pushed it a little too far? I mean, it's Obama this Obama that, it was fine when he first got elected, that was to be expected, but, now? A YEAR later? Isn't that a little much, or do I just not like him that much...lol...
~HonorarJapaneseGirl~

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~

(#219 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-15-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Mmm...the media and stuff, dattebayo? Yeah sure he's the first President that's African American, but don't you think the media has just pushed it a little too far? I mean, it's Obama this Obama that, it was fine when he first got elected, that was to be expected, but, now? A YEAR later? Isn't that a little much, or do I just not like him that much...lol...
~HonorarJapaneseGirl~
Can you show me clips in the media that can't stop gushing about how African American he is? Maybe we are watching different channels.

If I remember correctly President Bush was on the news just about every day, but I didn't say "Enough with showing stories about President Bush." He is the president, after all.
(#220 (permalink))
Old
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

10-15-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Can you show me clips in the media that can't stop gushing about how African American he is? Maybe we are watching different channels.

If I remember correctly President Bush was on the news just about every day, but I didn't say "Enough with showing stories about President Bush." He is the president, after all.
Eh...true...Give me some time to look them up, I have something to do first, but I'll see if I can get them to you...

~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~