LinkBack Thread Tools
(#191 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You said "Although only a small majority of Chicagoans wanted the Olympics in Chicago (which is common for potential host cities) the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics being held in the US in 2016."

I don't see a vast majority of American quoted anywhere in those links. Also... frankly there isn't an unbiased source that will quote saying the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics in Chicago

The debates were raging on ALL media sources when Obama decided he would go for the bid... polls, the works. why even have the polls and debate contraversy if Americans were all for it.

By the way, the suntimes is an EXCELLANT post.. Look at the comments to that article by Chicago citizens...
Look at comments by older articles before he went over there (from an unbiased news source) ... you will see that a VAST majority was far from what was felt. But its possible that the ones that supported the olympics just didn't post their comments as much as the oposition..
(#192 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Actually Rush and Glenn Beck put in very long hours (Beck especially these days)... I hope he doesn't work himself to death. You have Beck and his listeners to thank for getting that communist Van Jones out of the white house.

My questions to you is: is there anything wrong with pointing out the faults of the present adminstration?

Strange how Beck's books have been #1 on the New York times for weeks....

They deserve every penny they earn. I wonder is Rush will get the Rams....
Rush doesn't smoke and Beck doesn't drink to be exact.
Rush used to smoke cigars, but anyone who listens to his show knows that he quit. He often says "I'm holding in my formerly nicotine-stained hands..."

And I agree, Rush, Hannity, and others put in far more work than a Nightly News anchor, who just has to show up and read the news for a half-hour. They spend many hours doing show prep.

And good riddance to Van Jones! Here's hoping Kevin "Pedophilia is ok as long as you use a condom" Jennings or Linda "Report fishy emails to the White House like a good citizen" Douglas soon follow him, as well as several others...

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#193 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Actually Rush and Glenn Beck put in very long hours (Beck especially these days)... I hope he doesn't work himself to death. You have Beck and his listeners to thank for getting that communist Van Jones out of the white house.

My questions to you is: is there anything wrong with pointing out the faults of the present adminstration?

Strange how Beck's books have been #1 on the New York times for weeks....

They deserve every penny they earn. I wonder is Rush will get the Rams....
Rush doesn't smoke and Beck doesn't drink to be exact.
For Christ's sake please acknowledge the fact that I retorted your argument with facts. It's so fun to jump to the next point without responding to the facts that are sent up.

The fact that Glen Beck's books are best sellers are not an indicator to his actual intelligence, only to his ability to sell an idea, for which he is very good (like Ron Popeil or Oprah Winfrey or Billy Mays).
(#194 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
You said "Although only a small majority of Chicagoans wanted the Olympics in Chicago (which is common for potential host cities) the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics being held in the US in 2016."

I don't see a vast majority of American quoted anywhere in those links. Also... frankly there isn't an unbiased source that will quote saying the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics in Chicago

The debates were raging on ALL media sources when Obama decided he would go for the bid... polls, the works. why even have the polls and debate contraversy if Americans were all for it.

By the way, the suntimes is an EXCELLANT post.. Look at the comments to that article by Chicago citizens...
Look at comments by older articles before he went over there (from an unbiased news source) ... you will see that a VAST majority was far from what was felt. But its possible that the ones that supported the olympics just didn't post their comments as much as the oposition..
Again, retort what I said. Comments are not a scientific poll. Even if a small majority of Chicagoans wanted the Olympics, the VAST majority of Americans wanted it,

If you can prove that the majority of Americans DIDN'T want the Olympics, then DO IT.

If you can prove the majority of Americans DIDN'T want President Obama to fight for the Olympics in America, then DO IT.

If you can prove the majority of Americans are happy the America lost the Olympic bid, then DO IT.
(#195 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Did you watch the video I posted? That question is answered pretty clearly. Then the press release posted in this thread later in the day makes it more clear. (HINT: American Health Care has nothing to do with the Nobel Peace Prize.)
I glanced back and forwarth at it while watching Glenn Beck in another window, while watching Urusei Yatsura in a smaller window.
The Obama winning the prize for health care reform was a joke for goodness sake.

You seem to glee in that fact that not everyone watched everyone second of the biased report. I watch people like Beck and others because I can fact check what they call fact and think why they form the opinion they have. I.E. Decide for myself.

The video was just trying to hard to pull a rabbit out their hat from posting past mistakes of the past made by old adminstrations and pasting Obama opinions/statements that every compaigner does. Plus bashing past winners. Simply no substance.

The fact is many people didn't want the olympics because of the nightmare it would of caused for Chicago and the debt it would cause as well.
(#196 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Again, retort what I said. Comments are not a scientific poll. Even if a small majority of Chicagoans wanted the Olympics, the VAST majority of Americans wanted it,

If you can prove that the majority of Americans DIDN'T want the Olympics, then DO IT.

If you can prove the majority of Americans DIDN'T want President Obama to fight for the Olympics in America, then DO IT.

If you can prove the majority of Americans are happy the America lost the Olympic bid, then DO IT.
I quote myself: "Also... frankly there isn't an unbiased source that will quote saying the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics in Chicago" so my point was no one can... prove it either way.

Comments from many speak louder than a report of one - especially on a Chicago paper. Chicago citizens know best what a corrupt hole they live in... just as I knew when I lived in NJ years ago.

Last edited by clintjm : 10-14-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Type
(#197 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I quote myself: "Also... frankly there isn't an unbiased source that will quote saying the vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics in Chicago" so my point was no one can... including myself or you.

Comments from many speak louder than a report of one - especially on a Chicago paper. Chicago citizens know best what a corrupt hole they live in... just as I knew when I lived in NJ years ago.
Seriously?

You ask for sources.

I give them.

Then "comments speak louder than a source of one" which is actually a poll of many, where comments on a website are just that: comments on a website, just as this is: comments on a website.

I'll ask only one more time:

(#198 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Seriously?

You ask for sources.

I give them.

Then "comments speak louder that a source of one" which is actually a poll of many, where comments on a website are just that: comments on a website, just as this is: comments on a website.

I'll ask only one more time:

No one can 100% prove it either way was my point. I don't accept the links you posted got in 5 mins as any kind of poll or fact...

The fact that the internet exploded with debate on ALL media sources when he said he was going and up to the point Chicago was out of the running simply shows that it was not a vast majority. It could of been 25 for 25 against 25 don't care %25 undecided.

The fact that you conviently posted that a vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics was my issue. An unbiased news source simply can't post that because there is no way to get that data. The same for me posting a vast majority opposed it. I could say a there was countable opposition to the olympics just from the media explosion.

Don't mean to get anyone worked up over this... just stating that fact seemed a little on the biased side.
(#199 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
No one can 100% prove it either way was my point. I don't accept the links you posted got in 5 mins as any kind of poll or fact...

The fact that the internet exploded with debate on ALL media sources when he said he was going and up to the point Chicago was out of the running simply shows that it was not a vast majority. It could of been 25 for 25 against 25 don't care %25 undecided.

The fact that you conviently posted that a vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics was my issue. An unbiased news source simply can't post that because there is no way to get that data. The same for me posting a vast majority opposed it. I could say a there was countable opposition to the olympics just from the media explosion.

Don't mean to get anyone worked up over this... just stating that fact seemed a little on the biased side.
Really?

Your slippery words are fun, but don't really add to the discussion.

Your argument is that the vast majority of Americans didn't want the Olympics in America?

Post opposing data, or stop posting.
(#200 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Really?

Your slippery words are fun, but don't really add to the discussion.

Your argument is that the vast majority of Americans didn't want the Olympics in America?

Post opposing data, or stop posting.
The same can be said for yours.
Enjoy the bubble your living in.