JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#231 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-15-2009, 10:45 PM

The Puritans didn't rape native women or steal anybody's land, that is liberal propaganda designed to make people hate their own country. That jibberish they hand out in American history nowadays is full of half truths and out right lies, it's sickening. Puritans lived peacefully with the native people, in fact they survived the first winter with the natives help. Plus, several early colonial governments modled themselves on the Algonquin modle. The abuse started when the British took over colonial matters directly.

In other words, big government showed up and ruined everything, thus the revolution. "Give me liberty or give me death," they didn't say that, just to sound cool.

Yes, the colonials had problems, but they weren't freaked out, money grubbing, KKK relgious fanatics, out to kill every Native and enslave all of Africa. Most of the early settlers were trying to start over in a new land, AWAY from that sort of thing. The British Government began establishing thier own claim once money started comeing in, and that's where things started to go to hell. After all, Spain was getting rich off the America's..Britain and France wanted in on some of that "action" too.

It wasn't the colonials that were the monsters here, it was the European superpowers that were.
(#232 (permalink))
Old
Voyager (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2009, 11:09 PM

The atrocities commited against the Native Americans were carried out by people on both ends of the political spectrum, but they were always justified by fundamentalist Christian dogma. Whether the soldiers raping and executing children where fans of big government or not is beside the issue. The core of the atrocities is the early American's inability to view non-Christian non-white people as being anything but souless subhuman organisms, incapable of comprehending the will of the white man's wretched pathetic excuse for a god.
(#233 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-15-2009, 11:19 PM

well said Voyager... thank you

IamKira
(#234 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

10-16-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
wow.. where to begin... first off, people group together to form a system of governance for the sole purpose of creating an environment in which everyone does a part to support the group and thus they are supported through eachother's actions.. so it is the sole job of government to make sure it's people are protected and given the best opportunities

second, the puritans were the biggest hypocrites in the world.. they came to the new land to escape oppression and immediately set about their conquest of the "lesser advanced" natives... raped the women and pillaged the land and stole whatever they could...america likes to believe it's a good, righteous country build on good values by good people... you sir have been fooled... group mentality at work there.

"The first thing the pilgrims did when they came to the new world was eat a few indians." -Denny Crane
Puritans were not hypocrites. They were not religious fundamentalists in the sense that they are described now. They did not rape, kill, steal, or any of those things; you seem to forget that Puritans sought salvation through their good actions. They lived quite peacefully with the native peoples they found, and even intermarried among them (I have Native-American blood myself, and am a descendant of one of these couples). You yourself have been fooled, and are a part of the group mentality.

The raping, killing, and pillaging you mention didn't occur on any real scale until it became a government policy. This wasn't so much a Colonial British policy, you may or may not know that during the French and Indian Wars, the English settlers and Indians were allied against the French, living and fighting together.

Life between the Indians and Early-Americans was also mostly peaceful. George Washington himself signed treaties and legislation giving government recognition to the Indians claims on their home and hunting lands.

It wasn't until the 19th century that the Indians became seriously oppressed. This oppression was government sponsored, and had nothing to do with any kind of religion. The treaties signed be George Washington were reneged on by acts of Congress, and Native-Americans were forced to leave their homes and settle on reservations (where I happened to spend much of my time growing up).

Last edited by MMM : 10-16-2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: fixed quote brackets
(#235 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-16-2009, 01:04 AM

why would Goerge Washington need to conjur up those treaties an declarations unless the homes and the way of life for the natives were under threat?

IamKira
(#236 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

10-16-2009, 01:08 AM

Again you are mis informed. The Puritans came to America in the 1600's, Washington's time was in the mid to late 1700's...100 years later, well after Britain had established dominance over the colonies. The so called atrocities were predominantly done by British colony types after 1715, and even then they weren't as prominant as much later, the French and Indian war was in the 1740's and both sides had multiple indian tribes fighting for them. Much of the so called tyranical abuse of Natives, in the 1600's ( When the Puritans where migrateing to the US) was from the Spanish and that was south of the border. American abuse of native tribes started up in the late 1700's and early 1800's, particularly with the Trail of Tears by the Florida Seminols and the subugation of eastern tribes that ended in the 1880's with the subugation of the plains indians/western tribes and the slaughter at Wounded Knee.

Don't believe those current historical accounts you read in modern schools, it's mostly bogus anti American tripe.

Last edited by Ryzorian : 10-16-2009 at 01:18 AM.
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

10-16-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
The atrocities commited against the Native Americans were carried out by people on both ends of the political spectrum, but they were always justified by fundamentalist Christian dogma. Whether the soldiers raping and executing children where fans of big government or not is beside the issue. The core of the atrocities is the early American's inability to view non-Christian non-white people as being anything but souless subhuman organisms, incapable of comprehending the will of the white man's wretched pathetic excuse for a god.
Are you a guy? Oh who cares, I'll mary you either way. Excellent post. You know I was at the fair a couple days ago, very depressing, especially after I came across this history project of George Washington by what sounded like an eight year old. It was basically glorifying his position in the Revolutionary War (btw, I think we should give it another name. People had been rebelling against corrupt governments and monarchs for years, it wasn't exactly an exception to a trend) and as our first president. I was like, wow, have we deemed it so unnecessary for children in our society to feel any pain at all, to the point that we brainwash them and put lies into their heads about "great" people when in fact its the other way around? I mean George Washinton was a dick, he owned slaves and he wanted the Iroquois culture and people not just destroyed but obliterated. I guess we just decided a while ago that history would be based on documents whose components had been twisted and manipulated to the point of no return.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."
(#238 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

10-16-2009, 01:30 AM

Oh, and don't even get me started on Columbus and the conquistadors....

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

(#239 (permalink))
Old
Voyager (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2009, 01:39 AM

All excellent points made about Washington. It's ridiculous historical figures like him get a pass when it comes to atrocities like slave ownership.

Yeah I'm a guy

Although I'm 22 and your profile says your 85 so there may be issue there..but who knows love knows no boundaries I always say
(#240 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

10-16-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
All excellent points made about Washington. It's ridiculous historical figures like him get a pass when it comes to atrocities like slave ownership.

Yeah I'm a guy

Although I'm 22 and your profile says your 85 so there may be issue there..but who knows love knows no boundaries I always say
Yeah, I know. I remember when I was still in middle school, one of my teachers tried telling me that Washington had owned "a" slave, but payed him and was nice to him.

-Shel Silverstein

Last edited by Kakashi : 10-16-2009 at 01:51 AM.