LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-14-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Ummm . . .Were you serious about that retarded comment? That's sad . . .

YuGiOh 5Ds made a good example when they isolated Aki or "Black Rose" because she had bad rumors goin' around, which were sorta true butbecause of these rumors people knew she was different and I'm no psycology expert but apparently, In that show they said that people seem to hate and outcast what they don't understand, Do you think that's true?
I have never watched YuGiOh, so I don't know if it is true or not. That is, of course, a Japanese show, not a Western one, but yes people tend to outcast what they do not understand. Are those outcasting rewarded for outcasting in the end? Is the person being outcast seen as being treated unfairly or justly?

Quote:
As I said,all I can really say is . . .That's a sign of very poor character, making such a broad statement . . .
What about the first post of this thread?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

02-14-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Ummm . . .Were you serious about that retarded comment? That's sad . . .

YuGiOh 5Ds made a good example when they isolated Aki or "Black Rose" because she had bad rumors goin' around, which were sorta true butbecause of these rumors people knew she was different and I'm no psycology expert but apparently, In that show they said that people seem to hate and outcast what they don't understand, Do you think that's true?

umm...this mirrors society not the other way around, people have outcasted others they don't understand for the longest before tv....

(i.e. making for "good" or "cliche" drama.)

(#23 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-14-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Television, now more than ever, has to cater to the absolutely lowest denominator to keep people watching. That's why you have reality shows and sensationalist media masquerading as legitimate news programs. I don't watch much TV anymore, haven't for years. It's just below my demographic and I find Youtube and other sites like it more to my liking.

You do have the right mindset in that nothing these programs try to communicate as reality is in any way the real thing. However, there's the thousands of other carbon-based lifeforms out there for whom it *is* reality, and have to be handled accordingly.

Good luck.
Yeah I have to agree with this qoute.

And to add- the trick to not letting it get to you is to not have high expectations of the TV.

Its telling when the most intelligent show broadcast at the moment are hosted by comedians (Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert are about the only TV I watch)
(#24 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-14-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Yeah I have to agree with this qoute.

And to add- the trick to not letting it get to you is to not have high expectations of the TV.

Its telling when the most intelligent show broadcast at the moment are hosted by comedians (Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert are about the only TV I watch)

I have to agree there right now they are usually what i stick with, but i do watch the news too. Can't wait for new Bill Maher. =]

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

02-15-2010, 05:45 AM

To the OP... I think the internet is far worse than TV, these days.
Imagine all the brainwashing theories and myths about television and multiply them by 10: that's the internet.

In regards to your original post, where you refer to society's interpretation of life through TV shows, I believe somewhere a certain level of strategic programming is involved. Speaking broadly, it's humanity's attempt to edit and comfort itself--which, if true, would present a valuable philosophical prospect--but I digress. If we had no common understanding of how life was meant to be lived--virtually no social standard at all--governments and people of power would have problems diplomatically making reference to a set style of living, giving them far less control and influence. Things like stereotypes are potentially tools to (groups of) people who know how to use them: i.e. The government. And that can have both good and bad implications, depending on where you look at it from.

Lol... It's complex for me. I can hardly skim the surface of it all with what little articulatory skills I possess, but what I think I'm trying to get at is... it's like ripples in a small pond: When you drop a stone (ideas) it affects the rest of the pond (humanity) in outward momentum, until the ripples either fade out or bounce back inward, depending on the characteristics of the stone.

In other words, people are affected by life in an infinite amount of ways, subsequently influencing the way they think, and enabling tons of new ideas and interpretations of life to arise. When people can relate to a certain new idea or interpretation on a large scale, to the extent that even the authors of the ideas themselves are affected by them (a ripple reflecting back inwards) it can be considered... at least by me... essentially a spontaneously generated... rule.

TV influences and is influenced by life.

I can't seem to summarize my thoughts very well tonight, so I apologize for my wordiness. And realize I tried to restrict myself from sounding too philosophical... I'm hoping at least one person will be able to understand what I'm trying to say, knowing that what I have to say is far from conclusive.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

02-15-2010, 06:58 AM

It's not all bad. I'm a sucker for fishing and wildlife shows, as well as some documentaries.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-15-2010, 02:14 PM

That kind of TV is OK, but alot of the stuff that has scripted dialouge (Basically anything fiction and even some reality where they show people just cussing and fighting when they get put down) And trying to get folks to feel the need to be like that, Not intentionally but it's the way people react to them . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

02-18-2010, 08:56 PM

sigh......

(#29 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-19-2010, 01:29 AM

...you shot yourself in the foot when you made the title with 'my hate of tv.' 'My' is subjective as is the different shows on tv. You can't show some and not others because its stupid. That is censorship and people from a free country don't like that. heck, people in countries like china hate it.

People like watching underdogs, it's a feel good thing when you see them at their lowest and they rise from it. Anyone who takes anything seriously from tv needs to be sectioned.

There will always be haters, even without tv. Take a look at history. Why were there class systems in society before the 1950's (when tv was invented).

and your last post about,
Quote:
As I said,all I can really say is . . .That's a sign of very poor character, making such a broad statement . . .
take a good long look at your first post

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#30 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-15-2011, 07:07 PM

dude, that's just how the world works. either u can cry about it, or not cry about it. u choose pretty much.

pz ! <3