JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

My Hate of TV - 02-13-2010, 11:10 PM

I really hate TV. Why? Because, This crop (Sorry, I just don't cuss, I just don't) is filling people's heads! Mainly I'm reffering to the stereyotypes which are basically telling kids "Hey, This is the REAL WORLD! This is ALL of the people, ALL of the tifferent kinds of people you will meet and if you meet someone different you should OUTCAST THEM!! Yup, That's how you should live!!" OK, SERIOUSLY?! And then they turn right around and tell you to BE YOURSELF?! But the moment you try just that people either turn their backs or attack you, Of course, I don't let this change who I am but because of this, but people actually listen to this! Now I understand that rarity in standing out is pretty rare and that's the thing! Most people these days think of different people as stupid or people who should be attacked, Why is it so hard to find people who appreciate the stand outs?! Why is there a set definition to what's cool and what's not? Last year was the first time I've met people who really like me (Outside of my family) because I was different, Before then only one or two people seemed to be like that and not glare at me and make me feel like standing out is unaccetable.

So what is your input on this?

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

02-13-2010, 11:28 PM

*hands you a helmet*

Life sucks. You'll need one of these.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-13-2010, 11:32 PM

I wasn't accepted in high school alot nor in Junior highschool. Maybe because preconceived notions about who i was, but im not sure this is the tvs fault. As Koir says "life sucks" theres no getting around that sometimes you just have to deal with it.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#4 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

02-13-2010, 11:35 PM

Heh, "life sucks" I've known that feeling my whole life if you couldn't tell, except those rare times when it didn't stink so much . . . So where do you think they come from? But I do agree that that is what the problem is, and people get this habit from SOMEWHERE, maybe laziness or fear of trying to understand.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

02-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Television, now more than ever, has to cater to the absolutely lowest denominator to keep people watching. That's why you have reality shows and sensationalist media masquerading as legitimate news programs. I don't watch much TV anymore, haven't for years. It's just below my demographic and I find Youtube and other sites like it more to my liking.

You do have the right mindset in that nothing these programs try to communicate as reality is in any way the real thing. However, there's the thousands of other carbon-based lifeforms out there for whom it *is* reality, and have to be handled accordingly.

Good luck.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

02-14-2010, 12:18 AM

In other words I should just live life like I normally do and that unless my army does something about it, it's going to be like that forever?

Heh, We'll see . ..

But . . .I'll live.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-14-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
I really hate TV. Why? Because, This crop (Sorry, I just don't cuss, I just don't) is filling people's heads! Mainly I'm reffering to the stereyotypes which are basically telling kids "Hey, This is the REAL WORLD! This is ALL of the people, ALL of the tifferent kinds of people you will meet and if you meet someone different you should OUTCAST THEM!! Yup, That's how you should live!!" OK, SERIOUSLY?! And then they turn right around and tell you to BE YOURSELF?! But the moment you try just that people either turn their backs or attack you, Of course, I don't let this change who I am but because of this, but people actually listen to this! Now I understand that rarity in standing out is pretty rare and that's the thing! Most people these days think of different people as stupid or people who should be attacked, Why is it so hard to find people who appreciate the stand outs?! Why is there a set definition to what's cool and what's not? Last year was the first time I've met people who really like me (Outside of my family) because I was different, Before then only one or two people seemed to be like that and not glare at me and make me feel like standing out is unaccetable.

Can you give some examples of this, because I can't really think of any.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-14-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Can you give some examples of this, because I can't really think of any.
I always figured that was the case with stereotypical shows starring teens in school where you have the "outcast" characters, bka, nerds and geeks.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

02-14-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post

First of all, TV doesn't send any messages what so ever, TV sole purpose is for entertainment, if anything the only message they are sending is "HEY WATCH MORE TV. It's never be yourself, no and its not to show out what so ever....
If tv were anything like regular life than it would be boring as hell, seriously >.< I don't want watch a show about what farmers are doing in Colorado or what what my mom does while she is at work, because i'm pretty sure that is not entertaining what so ever.

Another reason, tv does not define cool. its call advertising it's everywhere....What's cool and what's not is just a preconcieved notion and if it's your choice to follow the herd so be it, you like what you like, be a trendsetter.

You must be in middle school or something because middle basically is you're gonna hang with people who act like you, usually when you get to high school all of those stereotypes change a you should be moving to a more diverse crowd of individuals, for the people to refuse to give up their status that they made in middle school and brought over to highschool they fail to realize that it will be over in four years....(TV is not the cause of this)

(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-14-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I always figured that was the case with stereotypical shows starring teens in school where you have the "outcast" characters, bka, nerds and geeks.
But I am trying to think of shows where the lesson is, if you meet someone different, then "OUTCAST THEM!!"

Certainly there are shows there characters are outcast, but those characters doing the outcasting are usually presented in a negative light.