LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

06-16-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Television, now more than ever, has to cater to the absolutely lowest denominator to keep people watching. That's why you have reality shows and sensationalist media masquerading as legitimate news programs. I don't watch much TV anymore, haven't for years. It's just below my demographic and I find Youtube and other sites like it more to my liking.

You do have the right mindset in that nothing these programs try to communicate as reality is in any way the real thing. However, there's the thousands of other carbon-based lifeforms out there for whom it *is* reality, and have to be handled accordingly.

Good luck.
I dont have a TV since I left my parents house at 18 or so and went to the university, which was, well, 18 years ago. TV is the most retarded, passive way of killing life, with small exceptions (but I can live without them).

And, "carbon-based lifeforms " compose great ambient music

YouTube - ‪Carbon Based Lifeforms - Abiogensis‬‏
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kozyra (Offline)
Son of the Desert

Send a message via MSN to Kozyra Send a message via Skype™ to Kozyra
06-23-2011, 06:43 PM

I hate television and the media, because some secret people and bodies use television and control the media and make films ​​for bad specific purposes and maybe for Bad political purposes.
TV and media play a big role in the problem between the Arab and the West, as the Hollywood imagine that Arabs are all criminals and murderers, and therefore, we find that most people in the west hate the Arabs , as well as the command for the TV and the Arab media.
It is difficult to find a neutral media, because we live in a world full of lies and deception, but it is not impossible.
At the same time I am in favor of scientific documentaries.
I want from you to see this section:
YouTube - ‪TV is Mind Control‬‏
Edit : For example, the Reuters news agency said today that the Syrian army broke into the north of Aleppo, according to information from the "eye-witnesses."
But now I live in Aleppo and there are no tanks and no Syrian Army in Aleppo , it is false information, but at the same time may be an agency Reuters has made ​​a mistake unintentionally.

Last edited by Kozyra : 06-23-2011 at 07:05 PM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozyra View Post
I hate television and the media, because some secret people and bodies use television and control the media and make films ​​for bad specific purposes and maybe for Bad political purposes.
You can hate TV and the media in general for whatever reason you want to, but sweeping statements like this get swept aside because you either believe in a massive universal global media conspiracy, or you are overgeneralizing about TV and media in general, as if everyone working in TV and media is of the same mind and same agenda.

Quote:
TV and media play a big role in the problem between the Arab and the West, as the Hollywood imagine that Arabs are all criminals and murderers, and therefore, we find that most people in the west hate the Arabs , as well as the command for the TV and the Arab media.
I do not believe most people in the West "hate the Arabs" or think they are "all criminals and murderers". Again, sweeping generalizations make me sweep your argument aside because I know for A FACT it isn't true.

Quote:
It is difficult to find a neutral media, because we live in a world full of lies and deception, but it is not impossible.
It is difficult because human beings are not neutral creatures. Every person has an opinion or a bias. That is not evil. That is human nature.

Quote:
At the same time I am in favor of scientific documentaries.
I want from you to see this section:
YouTube - ‪TV is Mind Control‬‏
Edit : For example, the Reuters news agency said today that the Syrian army broke into the north of Aleppo, according to information from the "eye-witnesses."
But now I live in Aleppo and there are no tanks and no Syrian Army in Aleppo , it is false information, but at the same time may be an agency Reuters has made ​​a mistake unintentionally.
I am glad you like Network. It is an interesting movie. So there are no military movements NORTH of Aleppo, as your own quote says? Are you in Managh?
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Kozyra (Offline)
Son of the Desert

Send a message via MSN to Kozyra Send a message via Skype™ to Kozyra
06-23-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You can hate TV and the media in general for whatever reason you want to, but sweeping statements like this get swept aside because you either believe in a massive universal global media conspiracy, or you are overgeneralizing about TV and media in general, as if everyone working in TV and media is of the same mind and same agenda.
I didn't say that all media channels are false and liers , or that all television programs purpose to distorting the image of Arabs, I hate the media because it is easy from someone or a specific groub to control the channel information for political purposes or for specific purposes, I hate the media because there is no guarantee that all transmitted information by the media is true .
Quote:
I do not believe most people in the West "hate the Arabs" or think they are "all criminals and murderers". Again, sweeping generalizations make me sweep your argument aside because I know for A FACT it isn't true.
Well tell me your fact , I know that alot of people in the west have wrong information about the Arabs .
Quote:
It is difficult because human beings are not neutral creatures. Every person has an opinion or a bias. That is not evil. That is human nature.
So you can't get impartial information, because the opinion of the owner of the channel will distort the truth.
I do not think so, the media must to convey the real picture, they mustn't lie , and they are free in there analysis and there views, the function of the media is to report the facts on the ground neutrally , because the human want to know the truth regardless the opinion of the owners .

Quote:
I am glad you like Network. It is an interesting movie. So there are no military movements NORTH of Aleppo, as your own quote says? Are you in Managh?
I am not defending a specific destination , but Managh is a small village located in north of Aleppo. I live in Aleppo, and it is easy for me to know the truth of the matter there, until this moment there is no army there.
once the time , human rights sources said that there are tanks surround the University in Aleppo , and the University is located directly in front of my house, there were rollers for asphalt!! It was abig joke !!
again , I am not defending a specific destination , All I want to say that it is easy to control the media and television and distorting the facts
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that all media channels are false and liers , or that all television programs purpose to distorting the image of Arabs, I hate the media because it is easy from someone or a specific groub to control the channel information for political purposes or for specific purposes, I hate the media because there is no guarantee that all transmitted information by the media is true .
Again, you are overgeneralizing. "The media" is not one person, place, or thing. There are clearly some media outlets that exist to promote an agenda by their owners and supporters (FOX News is an example). But that doesn't mean ALL the world's media is like that (as you said). I think choose your targets, instead of carpet bombing.

Quote:
Well tell me your fact , I know that alot of people in the west have wrong information about the Arabs .
You didn't say anything about having "wrong information". You said most people in the West "hate Arabs". Those are two very different statements.

Quote:
So you can't get impartial information, because the opinion of the owner of the channel will distort the truth.
I do not think so, the media must to convey the real picture, they mustn't lie , and they are free in there analysis and there views, the function of the media is to report the facts on the ground neutrally , because the human want to know the truth regardless the opinion of the owners .
There are rules of ethics in journalism in the West. For one to call oneself a journalist, there are certain things they must do, but unfortunately the ones that don't follow these rules get a lot of attention. True journalists must do everything in their power to convey the "real picture". I am saying to err is human. It is impossible to show the "real picture" as everyone has a different perspective. You and I may see the same incident, and report it very differently, even if we both are trying to present the "real picture".

Quote:
I am not defending a specific destination , but Managh is a small village located in north of Aleppo. I live in Aleppo, and it is easy for me to know the truth of the matter there, until this moment there is no army there.
once the time , human rights sources said that there are tanks surround the University in Aleppo , and the University is located directly in front of my house, there were rollers for asphalt!! It was abig joke !!
again , I am not defending a specific destination , All I want to say that it is easy to control the media and television and distorting the facts
I can find several news stories telling me different from what you said. You say it is all fabricated.

Syrian troops mass within 500m of Turkey - thestar.com

Syrian forces push north of Aleppo, storm village | Reuters

Lebanon news - NOW Lebanon -Syrian army deploys near Aleppo