LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-03-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
I thought we have a "don't-comment-to-each-other" policy. Why are you the one who tries to reply first? This is the third time already.

Sorry to say, I don't really need to respect your opinion.

I have to say. I was right that you really have no clue about South Korea.
I never agreed to such a policy. You say something that I dont agree with then Ill respectfully challenge you. It is you that insists on taking my comments personally

Furthermore the topic isnt South Korea. Its US military presence in the region.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Chess (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
As for what East Asia needs. What East Asia needs is a China that recognises and respects the soveriegnty of Taiwan as an independent nation-state (as well as Tibet), a North Korea that feeds its people and lets them speak freely and a Japan that can stand up to the United States.
I second to this, PRC don't recognize Taiwan as an independent state, this is the main reason why there is no Taiwan representative in the seats of U.N.

Many people are saying that North Korea should be destroyed, I highly disagree to that since most of the people there are uneducated when it comes to the outside of their own world, they shouldn't be destroyed or harmed, but they should be liberated from fallacy.

As for Japan, they should kick the U.S. out, for a Prime Minister, I think he should have chosen his own people than choosing the ones outside of his own country, Philippines kicked them out, so Japan should have the guts to do the same.

But look at the bright side of Yukio's resignation, there are very few politicians who has the dignity to accept their mistakes. At least he walks out of the seat of power honestly.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
akinkhoo (Offline)
New to JF

06-03-2010, 01:27 PM

lol, there is no country call taiwan, there is only one call republic of china.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I never agreed to such a policy. You say something that I dont agree with then Ill respectfully challenge you. It is you that insists on taking my comments personally
Good luck with that dong-mu. But what is a challenge that we will never agree? Is that really a challenge?

Quote:
Furthermore the topic isnt South Korea. Its US military presence in the region.
For a person who respects the United Nations (the current head of UN is a South Korean) so much, you do forget about South Korea very often in your discussion about North Korea or China. I find it ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinkhoo View Post
lol, there is no country call taiwan, there is only one call republic of china.
President Ma still calls Formosa (another name of this island), the Republic of China. Yet, the previous president who wanted Taiwanese Independence is in prison. A country that no democratic countries take seriously except for few small countries in Africa, South America and the Pacific.

Do Westerners really consider RoC (Taiwan) serious? Or are they following the doomsday cult of democracy like bunch of irrational people?

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-06-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
For a person who respects the United Nations (the current head of UN is a South Korean) so much, you do forget about South Korea very often in your discussion about North Korea or China. I find it ironic.
Please tell me where I neglected South Koreas role in my previous comment.

Quote:
President Ma still calls Formosa (another name of this island), the Republic of China. Yet, the previous president who wanted Taiwanese Independence is in prison. A country that no democratic countries take seriously except for few small countries in Africa, South America and the Pacific.
Ask any ACADEMIC and they will tell you that Taiwans grounds for independence are well founded. Most Western governments dont recognise Taiwan because China pays more than Taiwan. I think its bullshit but thats just the reality.

Quote:
Do Westerners really consider RoC (Taiwan) serious? Or are they following the doomsday cult of democracy like bunch of irrational people?
Haha.. the nationalist/fascist is calling Democracy a doomsday cult. Oh the irony.

Why does this have to be about "East versus West" anyway?

We get it... you prefer a Confuscious style autocracy to a Democracy. But you dont speak for Asia or South Korea... you only speak for yourself.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Please tell me where I neglected South Koreas role in my previous comment.
Go read your posts a year ago.

Quote:
Ask any ACADEMIC and they will tell you that Taiwans grounds for independence are well founded.
Citation needed.

Quote:
Most Western governments dont recognise Taiwan because China pays more than Taiwan. I think its bullshit but thats just the reality.
You mean you are out of the reality because the Taiwanese independence movement WITHIN Formosa is officially dead because Chen SB is in prison ordered by the opposition party.

Thanks recognizing this island as an independent country but go over there and see the opposite.

Quote:
Haha.. the nationalist/fascist is calling Democracy a doomsday cult. Oh the irony.
Not an irony in my position.

Quote:
Why does this have to be about "East versus West" anyway?
That's how the West became strong: generate enemies.

Quote:
We get it... you prefer a Confuscious style autocracy to a Democracy. But you dont speak for Asia or South Korea... you only speak for yourself.
I love how you assume people that makes some members here quite irritating and get you multiple bans. Good show, Kiwi.

I get it... you prefer a Democracy to a Confuscious style autocracy. But you dont speak for the West... you only speak for yourself.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
akinkhoo (Offline)
New to JF

06-06-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Ask any ACADEMIC and they will tell you that Taiwans grounds for independence are well founded. Most Western governments dont recognise Taiwan because China pays more than Taiwan. I think its bullshit but thats just the reality.
any ACADEMIC? did you CAP that just because you can't give names because they don't exist?

the president of ROC himself stated that he does not want foreign intervention on the affair of the republic of china. and thanks for admitting that no country recognise Taiwan a country, they surrendered Hongkong and they will surely surrender Taiwan, we already know that.

The separatist faction knows the capitalist faction on the island already favour the beijing government even if they do not support immediate unification, they will resist any plans for independence with all their wealth, this is why the separatist are doing everything to damage trade, they are at war with the capitalist more than the nationalist at this point.

however, it may already be too late to change anything. even the DPP which has traditionally depended on seperatist vote, finds the position impossible to hold, the separatist vote only just isn't enough to make majority and win. not only does the KMT and PFP send delegation to the mainland now, even the DPP had to do so to survive in the current Taiwan political climate. DPP is under fire from separatist but the separatist got no one else to vote for, they have no chance of winning and must accept DPP's moderation toward the mainland.

No one here expects a hostile takeover of Taiwan, but I am sure no one sane will expect rebellion in Taiwan neither. if the Separatist does break rank and establish their own republic, the capitalist and nationalist will definitely suppress it as they have too much invested in the mainland, they just can't risk it. the result will look like northern ireland with the separatist turning to terrorism in an attempt to unified the island.

even DPP wouldn't want that, they know moderation is the only way to survive as a single entity, they don't have a green taiwan and a blue china actually becoming 2 entities...

Last edited by akinkhoo : 06-06-2010 at 04:21 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-07-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinkhoo View Post
any ACADEMIC? did you CAP that just because you can't give names because they don't exist?

the president of ROC himself stated that he does not want foreign intervention on the affair of the republic of china. and thanks for admitting that no country recognise Taiwan a country, they surrendered Hongkong and they will surely surrender Taiwan, we already know that.

The separatist faction knows the capitalist faction on the island already favour the beijing government even if they do not support immediate unification, they will resist any plans for independence with all their wealth, this is why the separatist are doing everything to damage trade, they are at war with the capitalist more than the nationalist at this point.

however, it may already be too late to change anything. even the DPP which has traditionally depended on seperatist vote, finds the position impossible to hold, the separatist vote only just isn't enough to make majority and win. not only does the KMT and PFP send delegation to the mainland now, even the DPP had to do so to survive in the current Taiwan political climate. DPP is under fire from separatist but the separatist got no one else to vote for, they have no chance of winning and must accept DPP's moderation toward the mainland.

No one here expects a hostile takeover of Taiwan, but I am sure no one sane will expect rebellion in Taiwan neither. if the Separatist does break rank and establish their own republic, the capitalist and nationalist will definitely suppress it as they have too much invested in the mainland, they just can't risk it. the result will look like northern ireland with the separatist turning to terrorism in an attempt to unified the island.

even DPP wouldn't want that, they know moderation is the only way to survive as a single entity, they don't have a green taiwan and a blue china actually becoming 2 entities...
I was speaking at a more fundamental level rather than making a commentary on the current situation i.e. the question as to when is a state considered independent.

(Interesting that you brought that up though... Relations between Taiwan and China resemble relations between 2 states more than anything else)

Taiwan meets all criteria required to be considered an independent nation EXCEPT recognition by other states (though even then it depends on which states you talk about).

Coming back to the issue of US armed forces in the area... The US forces keeps Chinese invasion off the table EVEN IF the seperatist faction becomes powerful again. (you see my point now? Wow you pro-China activists can use anything as a springboard for your rhetoric)
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Go read your posts a year ago.

Citation needed.

You mean you are out of the reality because the Taiwanese independence movement WITHIN Formosa is officially dead because Chen SB is in prison ordered by the opposition party.

Thanks recognizing this island as an independent country but go over there and see the opposite.

Not an irony in my position.

That's how the West became strong: generate enemies.

I love how you assume people that makes some members here quite irritating and get you multiple bans. Good show, Kiwi.

I get it... you prefer a Democracy to a Confuscious style autocracy. But you dont speak for the West... you only speak for yourself.
For my position on Taiwan see my statement replying to alinhoo... he may be a rude prick but at least he is a coherent rude prick and has something to add instead of trying to get back at me for some sworn vendetta that you have against me so I will continue to talk about that with him.

Regarding your post though... Do you even remember what this thread is about? Why do you insist on shifting the parameters of this discussion, or even what I said?

And finally... Yes I ONLY speak for myself... no shit. I never pretended otherwise.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-07-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
For my position on Taiwan see my statement replying to alinhoo... he may be a rude prick but at least he is a coherent rude prick and has something to add instead of trying to get back at me for some sworn vendetta that you have against me so I will continue to talk about that with him.
You have a long history of offending others here. Not many people (but not all) have something positive to think about you anymore.

Quote:
Regarding your post though... Do you even remember what this thread is about? Why do you insist on shifting the parameters of this discussion, or even what I said?
The last time I remember, some bogan intentionally replied to me for the first time in 8 months who believed that he "challenges" me when we already know that we will never agree on anything.

Quote:
And finally... Yes I ONLY speak for myself... no shit. I never pretended otherwise.
Sherlock, what's your point about that? If you are trying to point the obvious to offend somebody, you are doing something.

Closed Thread