LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-06-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
You should do that. True Blood's definitely worth a watch. It's not all that good but it ain't too bad either. Plus, Eric Northman's the sex =P
Awesome! I'm such a huge fan of hot guys ...

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Aside from the boredom with American mainstream broadcasting being targeted as the lowest common denominators possible, their habit of copying themes once one show is a hit is infuriating.

One show with detectives is entertaining; mutliple ones on every network is boring. One show with vampires is good; three or four are ridiculous.

But the talk shows and publicity stunts (all the celebrity gossip shows) are the ones that send me back to reading books. The talks shows are not much more than a few minutes filled by hosts that would be better filled by touring stand-up comics and then a series of one-on-one advertisements for other shows and movies. And "reality" shows are just insulting to anyone with an IQ over 100.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.

Last edited by TalnSG : 01-06-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: punctuation
(#53 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-06-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Aside from the boredom with American mainstream broadcasting being targeted as the lowest common denominators possible, their habit of copying themes once one show is a hit is infuriating.

One show with detectives is entertaining; mutliple ones on every network is boring. One show with vampires is good; three or four are ridiculous.

But the talk shows and publicity stunts (all the celebrity gossip shows) are the ones that send me back to reading books. The talks shows are not much more than a few minutes filled by hosts that would be better filled by touring stand-up comics and then a series of one-on-one advertisements for other shows and movies. And "reality" shows are just insulting to anyone with an IQ over 100.
Very well said, I agree entirely.

I also wish that product placement would really just be during the ads, instead of actors and writers having to work around them interrupting the story.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-06-2011, 08:28 PM

*remove this post, please*

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#55 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-07-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
*remove this post, please*
That just makes me so curious! ><

(#56 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

01-09-2011, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
That just makes me so curious! ><
You're gonna have to go on wondering.

Now on topic, The Big Bang Theory, anyone watched it? It's a pretty good laugh. I mean, Sheldon Cooper? How good an actor is that guy??!!

(#57 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-26-2011, 02:36 PM

I'm a little late replying but

I checked out True Blood like you recommended MMM, great show. I'm caught up to the newest one now (I've been watching it before bed lol)

Morality is a pretty huge part of the show.

imo, the best vampire show would be one where the "Bad guys" in True Blood were actually the protagonists of the story and humans were seen to be cattle by the audience as well as the vampires, and then see how that unfolds.

PS. not a fan of the werewolfs, they're so gimped, I think I'd like them more if they could actually frighten a vampire a little ><

Either way thanks for the recommendation!

(#58 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

01-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
the best vampire show would be one where the "Bad guys" in True Blood were actually the protagonists of the story and humans were seen to be cattle by the audience as well as the vampires, and then see how that unfolds.
Who are the bad guys in True Blood? Eric? Russell? Cause those are by far my two favorite characters. Screw Sookie and Bill, I'd be fine with them being murdered. Actually I think the audience would appreciate it if Eric drank Bill dry. And Sookie too. Sam is the only "good" guy I like from the show. And Jason... Damn, they're just too hot to not like.

(#59 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-26-2011, 03:55 PM

yeah for sure, Eric, Russel, that Queen chick (she is what vampires should be), the chick that's always on tv and more vampires like them, that care nothing for human life other than to use it.
if characters like that were the protagonists and you stripped out the morally challenged bill and do-gooder sookie and then threw in some more vampire hating legions aside from just the church, tweaked up the groupy squad ... the list goes on, a good vampire show could happen

(#60 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Glad you liked it Real James. Yes, there is a lot about morality and society and tradition and change... I think it would be hard to do the show without Bill, the vampire trying to be good, and Sookie, as without them there would be no moral compass.