LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
oh don't be sorry. like shit. that's quite word bro.
Cool! Thanks man
(#142 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-06-2011, 04:16 AM

The fact of the matter is that China and Japan have a long and not very friendly, history. The Korea's main problem can be summed up in two words..Kim il.

Russia has been rebuilding it's military for the last several years..yet seems to get no real news coverage. China is trying to build a fleet. These are serious potential threats that Japan, South Korea, Tiwain and the US need to figure out straight away.
(#143 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post friends-foes - 03-06-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Russia has been rebuilding it's military for the last several years..yet seems to get no real news coverage. China is trying to build a fleet. These are serious potential threats that Japan, South Korea, Tiwain and the US need to figure out straight away.
Russia also rebuilds fleet but there are no much official information in the news.
(#144 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
03-06-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
China is trying to build a fleet. These are serious potential threats that Japan, South Korea, Tiwain and the US need to figure out straight away.
So, every other country deserves to have a fleet, but China no? China prefers to fight economically, not physically (I mean, in the last decades). And from what I see, they are winning.
But the fact that it needs a fleet for its position of a super power in the world can't be denied.

PS: And also don't trust history, it doesn't mean alot for what a country is today, example, the evil side of Japan in the past, when it was trying to conquer everything, is it reflected in todays actions, is it still trying to do that? You've been inoculated with the fact that Russia, China are badass countries, without even thinking who in the last 50 years or so fought the most around the world...

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?

Last edited by protheus : 03-06-2011 at 10:25 AM.
(#145 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-07-2011, 04:10 AM

The main fleet in the world is the US, controle the ocean sea trade routes and you controle the world. The US will never let somebody else have a compareable fleet. Over half of the Pentegon's budget goes to the navy.
(#146 (permalink))
Old
catbat (Offline)
spaced

03-07-2011, 10:25 AM

This is all quite scary.

Kyoko Honda- For there to be pain, there has to be kindness. For darkness to stand out, there has to be the sun.

(#147 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile fleet - 03-07-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
The US will never let somebody else have a compareable fleet.
The USA can not forbid Russia, China or India to build new warships and submarines.
(#148 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-08-2011, 03:01 AM

As long as it looks like they aren't competeing no..but as soon as they try to create a "Pacific 7th fleet" they will. Perhaps not with fighting persay but with building, as in the cold war..build more ships than the other side can contend with.

One American supercarrier has as much firepower as was used in all of WW2 combined. I think the US has 11?..If China or someone else tried to Vie for command of the sea you would see 15, 20...whatever was needed.

It's why Britain no longer has the fleet they used to have. Part of the "lend lease" agreement of ww2 was Britain ceeding controle of the Atlantic to the US. The US out right took it from Japan in the same war.

These fleets are partly why the US has such a reach in the world geographically. We can place 500,000 troops in someone else country, from half way around the world.
(#149 (permalink))
Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
03-08-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
I've got one simple question to ask people around the world. As my recognition, nobody really did give a damn about Japan a decade ago. But recent few years people suddenly and pretty much simultaneously started asking me about Japanese fashion, music, manga, and many other cultures through SNS. Of course I'm glad that foreign people started liking us. But, I really don't get it. What caused this strange phenomenon? What made you pay attention to Japan?
A friend in high school introduced me to my first exposer of Japan. I had a Japanese friend who I was best friends with. She introduced me to a lot of Japan then I went upon myself learning more. It all happened due to a friendship.

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#150 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-08-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt21 View Post
A friend in high school introduced me to my first exposer of Japan. I had a Japanese friend who I was best friends with. She introduced me to a lot of Japan then I went upon myself learning more. It all happened due to a friendship.
It's always nice to have friends from all over the world.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life