LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-14-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Your sympathy for humanity beyond your fingertips is duly noted.
Is that how you read it? Take that stick out your ass dude. Natural disasters just don't get a rise out of me. I sympathise in theory of course. But it's not heartfelt.

This is normal. Did you feel heartfelt sympathy with the people in the part of China the other day where a quake also hit? What about the people in Christchurch New Zealand a few weeks before? Or what about the people in Haiti, Turkey, Iran and Shichuan China in 2008?

I mean I'm sure you sympathise with these people too in theory.. but it's not heartfelt.

Quote:
Japanese people all over the world are affected. I lived in Portland, Oregon when 9/11 happened, a full 3000 miles from Ground Zero, and it still affects me to this day. This earthquake/tsunami disaster affects me, as I have friends who have still not been able to contact family in Northern Honshu. No one in Japan is not affected.
That's bullsh*t. Lot's of people in Japan are not affected directly. People in Kyushu definitely aren't unless they have family up North.

South Korea is just a boat ride from Kyushu are you going to tell me they were affected too?

Just because you're Japanese doesn't mean you're affected. That's just complete and utter crap.

If you're affected then it's nationalism. That's all.

It's the same with you and 9/11

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I am sad about the disaster that happened.

But what I am just as sad about is the fact that Japanophiles/Otaku/Weeaboos are mourning this disaster for all the wrong reasons. I have seen many, MANY people all over the internet (Youtube, Facebook, you name it), and they're ONLY mourning the disaster JUST because it's Japan.
Well let's make the Welsh look good why don't we.

I'm a weaboo. I'm relatively bad. Of course I care about when it happens to other countries.I'm planning to live in Japan so naturally I am going to take more of an interest. We are all weaboos in this world so one anime fan[you must have some interest in Japan if you're here] taking a holier-than-thou attitude is not gonna help matters.

See,what people call being "cynical"[that word's just lost all meaning now],just being suspicious about everything,it's always somebody's fault,hating everything,is bad. The Japanese wouldn't do that. I'm just hoping it'll stop.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
whitekitsune18 (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2011, 02:44 PM

Sadly it is true. Most people only support something if it's in their best intrest.

I have friends in Japan, my parents when they were engaged were stationed in japan, ohh the stories they told me lol. so of course I feel the need to donate and help. Hope a dang blooddrive opens soon in town <_<

But Nyororin made a very good point.

Well back to my Kana studies
(#14 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-14-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
We are all weaboos in this world so one anime fan[you must have some interest in Japan if you're here] taking a holier-than-thou attitude is not gonna help matters.
I hadn't even heard of the term weaboo until I started frequenting this forum and I'd already been living in Japan for 7 years! And I have no interest whatsoever in anime or manga so I can assure you we are not all weaboos!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Is that how you read it? Take that stick out your ass dude. Natural disasters just don't get a rise out of me. I sympathise in theory of course. But it's not heartfelt.

This is normal. Did you feel heartfelt sympathy with the people in the part of China the other day where a quake also hit? What about the people in Christchurch New Zealand a few weeks before? Or what about the people in Haiti, Turkey, Iran and Shichuan China in 2008?

I mean I'm sure you sympathise with these people too in theory.. but it's not heartfelt.

That's bullsh*t. Lot's of people in Japan are not affected directly. People in Kyushu definitely aren't unless they have family up North.

South Korea is just a boat ride from Kyushu are you going to tell me they were affected too?

Just because you're Japanese doesn't mean you're affected. That's just complete and utter crap.

Thank you for your post. I will definitely benefit from the information you have shared.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-14-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I am sad about the disaster that happened.

But what I am just as sad about is the fact that Japanophiles/Otaku/Weeaboos are mourning this disaster for all the wrong reasons. I have seen many, MANY people all over the internet (Youtube, Facebook, you name it), and they're ONLY mourning the disaster JUST because it's Japan.
They would show NO such sympathy for anywhere else such as Haiti or New Zealand. It really worries me, there's no other words for it. :/

In the rarer worst cases, there have been around 300 comments of people wondering, and being most concerned about, Hatsune Miku, a Vocaloid being alright. They actually said they thought about her first. Whether they were joking or not is taking it too far.

So have you experienced these people a lot lately? Are more people concerned about Japan because of their obsession with it rather than actual concern for the people? I can say these kinds of people have been in the majority for me.
Second is Christians praying (of course there's nothing wrong with this), third is jokers, and fourth is people who actually seem concerned about the people rather than the country.
It doesn't matter for what reason they care, Japan has impacted their lives in some way that makes them want to care. But, if similar incidents occur in other countries from now, they may feel more sympathy toward them.

It's true, they should care about the people, and care for the right reasons regardless which country. But the reality is some people are ignorant and don't care about other countries because of prejudice or for whatever other reason they have.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-14-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your post. I will definitely benefit from the information you have shared.
Just saying how it is
(#18 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
I hadn't even heard of the term weaboo until I started frequenting this forum and I'd already been living in Japan for 7 years! And I have no interest whatsoever in anime or manga so I can assure you we are not all weaboos!
You can be called a weaboo just for showing an interest in Japanese. Basically though,there are people out there who I've come across on the internet and they've been much more of a weaboo than I have,but they've also been cool people. Most people think weaboos are bad,and that's wrong.

In fact it's not really a term used in Japan,it's just basically someone that thinks Japanese culture is better than their own. Personally,I find it hard to really get into British culture because what's British culture? There's so much American and European influence. There's little that we can say is ours. We make more TV programmes than say the rest of Europe,but in Japan the foreign stuff is just on overnight!

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 03-14-2011 at 10:51 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
03-14-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post

Actually Kyusyu people can be affected...A volcano erupted, but thats not what I'm talking about.

It stresses them out to see their country suffering as well, as it did with people in the west of the states after New York and other areas were affected

My friend in Hita is actually doing whatever he can to get donations to SEND to the decent organizations in his hometown so...

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-15-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post

It stresses them out to see their country suffering as well, as it did with people in the west of the states after New York and other areas were affected
Like I said... that's mostly brought about by nationalism.

Kysuhu is not directly affected by the disaster.