LinkBack Thread Tools
(#341 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-06-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Ronin; Kozyra and I know what's at stake, we have choosen who's banner will will stand under at the end days. You choose to consider us nutso. In truth perhaps we both are nutso, that's the the thing about Faith, it's not something you can proove until it happens, you just believe it. . If Kozyra and I are both wrong and just blowing smoke, hey no big deal, you get a big laugh. If however, we speak truely............
Actually I wasn't referring to the religious mumbo jumbo you both believe in.

I was referring to the bullsh*t presumptions about the West/Societies that follow a version of Islamic tradition (there are many types FYI though you seem adamant in grouping them together) and International Relations as a whole that you BOTH are giving.
(#342 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

05-06-2011, 10:46 PM

The differences in Islam isn't so much about what they think the koran says because they have the hadith, wich is essentially the prophets own interpitation of what he thinks the Koran is saying. Opposing the hadith is like Blaspemy to muslims. It's more about Linage and who shoulda been successor to thier prophet.

The primary scisim in Christianity, particularly catholics and protestants, is interprital doctrin reguarding what the the Bible says, or more accurately, what everyone thinks the Bible is trying to say.
(#343 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-07-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
The differences in Islam isn't so much about what they think the koran says because they have the hadith, wich is essentially the prophets own interpitation of what he thinks the Koran is saying. Opposing the hadith is like Blaspemy to muslims. It's more about Linage and who shoulda been successor to thier prophet.

The primary scisim in Christianity, particularly catholics and protestants, is interprital doctrin reguarding what the the Bible says, or more accurately, what everyone thinks the Bible is trying to say.
What are you ranting about now?

Is this what you do when you have no response? Just pull random "facts" (note the quotation marks) out of your ass?
(#344 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

05-07-2011, 04:43 AM

Ronin it's impossible to expect too much from people who believe in something for which there is no more proof of it's existence than there is for the say the easter bunny or santa claus. Their delusions cloud the way they view the world and narrow their vision considerably. Intelligent, rational debate is near impossible with such people...
(#345 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-07-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Ronin it's impossible to expect too much from people who believe in something for which there is no more proof of it's existence than there is for the say the easter bunny or santa claus. Their delusions cloud the way they view the world and narrow their vision considerably. Intelligent, rational debate is near impossible with such people...
True true.
(#346 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

05-09-2011, 11:30 PM

Gonative; The Universe is a big place and all of us are very small in it. To suggest that those who believe something more powerful, with it's own intent exists outside of man's perception of reality, is itself an unreasonable assumption on your part.
(#347 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

05-10-2011, 01:56 AM

No what is an unreasonable assumption is to wholeheartedly believe in something for which there is no proof whatsoever. I am more than happy to accept a god explanation of the creation of the universe as one of many possible explanations. In the lack of any evidence at all for such an explanation it is certainly not high on my list of possibles but I'll await more evidence to make a definite decision one way or another. This is the beauty of science over religion. Science allows for all possibilities whilst religion closes your mind with dogmatic faith. There is nothing noble about having absolute faith in something for which there is no proof whatsoever. It's just silly. In almost anything else in your life you wouldn't do it but for some unknown reason to me you rationalise that it's ok to do it in this instance and allow it to dominate your life. If that's not somewhat crazy I don't know what is!