(#21 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

08-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Exactly what I am talking about!
i don't want you to get the impression i am on your side. if i had more info on this, then i would also bash Japan, however i don't, and smart people know to shut the fuck up when they don't know something, right Bobby?

also. i've already started to completely ignore your posts and you should ignore mine. don't want to have any discussions about anything with you.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-21-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
i don't want you to get the impression i am on your side. if i had more info on this, then i would also bash Japan, however i don't, and smart people know to shut the fuck up when they don't know something, right Bobby?

also. i've already started to completely ignore your posts and you should ignore mine. don't want to have any discussions about anything with you.
Well, basically you approved my point which is obvious considering that everybody must do, otherwise they are most likely an American Patriot selecting a Republican named George W. Bush lol

To the other part, well it seems like you can't get enough cause why did you reply in the first place? Not so smart mhhhh.. also, I used your post to continue which should be obvious too so I gladly accepted lol^^ It would look good if you do not reply to this post

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 08-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-21-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I get annoyed at all the American hate. Literally all the American people I have ever met in person have been the most lovely, caring and polite people. I obviously don't judge an entire country on my own personal experiences, but I sometimes feel the American people are unfairly treated and there is a sort of relaxed approach to openly bashing it which I do not approve of.

So whatever.

I'm from England, I am fairly patriotic. I can recognise the faults with my own country but at the same time I appreciate the freedom of choice I have here. I like our cup-of-tea culture and I think England has a sort of quirkyness and variety about it that I really enjoy.

I also like Japanese culture. I am always fighting a battle between the want to stay in my home country and the urge to settle in Japan, it's difficult to get the best of both when they are so radically different. I think in general though I just try to see the best in the places I visit.
That is a great mindset and I try to do the same! Always value things up before you judge.

I think the reason why so many people are annoyed by the Americans in general is, that most Americans actually really have that mindset, that everything they do is great and stands at number 1 and that everything what comes out of this country is the best stuff and that their Slogan really does apply and that when you say something about about their beloved land, it is just because you hate America.. which is ridiculous.

Why do you think America is the land of the strongest Patriotism in this World? There is no other country with so many people who love their country that much, even though actually it has so many major flaws in their society and Government.

There is no hate in here coming towards the Americans. People just try to figure out this insane Patriotism and I call it brain-washed thinking about this World.

Maybe their education system is really not the best one out there which should be discussed as well then. A simple High School education is valued very, very low overseas for a reason too.

And without a degree, you are basically nothing because something like an apprentership doesn't exist there either.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 08-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-21-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I think it's lovely that they [generally] love their country, and they are happy enough to call it the best in the world. That is not brainwashing. I also hear Americans being the most outspoken about the flaws in their own country, INSIDE their country. But when faced with critisism from outside I actually like how they all come together to defend their country.

I think it's weird of you to complain about needing a degree in America when your OMG SO PERFECT JAPAN is worse for it's super emphasis on education and getting a degree. Not that I think it's bad, I just think that's a pretty hypocritical thing to say.
lol your cute with your good world thinking^^

I actually call that ignorance when you don't have the to courage to say that your country has indeed many major flaws and you would love to change that. That's called Blind-Patriotism where I come from..
but what do I know^^

Well, if you would have listened.. I said, that in general I find it good that Japan has this law, however that apprenterships are being overlooked way to easily, considering that it takes just as long and involves just as much dicipline. But because just a few countries use this system, it's not there for the rest of the World. Not fair!

Also how come you think I complain about needing a degree in America? It's not very good that without one you are valued very low in society. Thats basically it lol
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
lol your cute with your good world thinking^^

I actually call that ignorance when you don't have the to courage to say that your country has indeed many major flaws and you would love to change that. That's called Blind-Patriotism where I come from..
but what do I know^^

Well, if you would have listened.. I said, that in general I find it good that Japan has this law, however that apprenterships are being overlooked way to easily, considering that it takes just as long and involves just as much dicipline. But because just a few countries use this system, it's not there for the rest of the World. Not fair!

Also how come you think I complain about needing a degree in America? It's not very good that without one you are valued very low in society. Thats basically it lol

There you go, bashing countries you dont live in...and worshipping countries you dont live in. How...odd and foolish

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-21-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Did you even READ what I wrote? I said;

and

You have 'Blind-Patriotism' for a country you've never even lived in, I mean wtf.

Note to self: Why am I wasting time with a random troll?
Yes I did lol

I don't have Patriotism, not at all You should look up a dictionary on who can be and who is not.

I value countries out there yes, thats what I do and I have a right to do so! And I value Japan very, very high yes you got that one. Because of a wonderful society who stands as a rolemodel for me and should be for every single country in this World for numerous reasons already mentioned a dozen times on here..

by myself
(#27 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Have you actually ever been to Japan? If not, you have no idea. And I will lol at you.
No I have not like you already should know by now and I lol at you
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

08-21-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I have been to Japan, you have not, so whatever. Everyone else has had this conversation with you so:

Anyone else have any valid responses about patriotism in their country?
Patriotism is actually decreasing in some Americans. Only the tea-party seems to be so crazy about it.

My Patriotism, personally, goes so far as for me to sing our national anthem and to thank every soldier for his service, whether or not I agree with the war.

But to some Americans, all Soldiers are devils and blah blah blah

or all are men of God and blah blah blah.
With America, and so many mixed views and opinions, you see all different sides.

Last edited by MissMisa : 08-21-2011 at 09:58 PM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
My Patriotism, personally, goes so far as for me to sing our national anthem and to thank every soldier for his service, whether or not I agree with the war.
Just curious.. and I know, what you want to do is your own business but,
Soldiers kill, they take life. Everytime they´re on the battlefield they could take away someones husband, someones father.
How in the world can you thank soldiers?? It should be clear that trying to extinguish a fire with a flamethrower isn´t going to work...
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

08-21-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonNL View Post
Just curious.. and I know, what you want to do is your own business but,
Soldiers kill, they take life. Everytime they´re on the battlefield they could take away someones husband, someones father.
How in the world can you thank soldiers?? It should be clear that trying to extinguish a fire with a flamethrower isn´t going to work...
Because originally, they are doing it to protect us. Some soldiers are not great men, its true, but they fight for the right for me to say "i disagree with my government".

its because of the original soldiers that risk their necks for my country, rather than the people who actually run it. Its just for me. My uncle nearly died in vietnam, and he is one of the most wise people I know and respect.

Dont forget, someone else's father could also kill someone else's son. Its nasty on both ends, I do not deny that.