LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
OsakaBlue (Offline)
New to JF

08-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
That might be part of it, whiteness is seen as a positive in Japan. Not "caucasian" persay, it's the color white in and off itself. I don't know why, has some historical or relgious thing about it.
Back then in Japan, if you had tan skin, it meant you were an outside worker and a peasant. If you had very light skin, it generally meant you were indoors often, and most likely had high status in society. This goes with a lot of countries, but Japan does seem to emphasize on it a lot. Although the ganguro girls...ehhhh....

But either way, if your personality outshines your physical appearance, you can get any girl you want I believe.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
crime60 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to crime60
08-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaBlue View Post

But either way, if your personality outshines your physical appearance, you can get any girl you want I believe.
I like what you said OsakaBlue,,,
I couldn't pass by this topic in the discussion, i really want to know as much as I can about japan before I get there and this topic took a tight grip on my wrist and pulled me in....
honestly saying,,, reading the topic, I now want to go more then ever...
I smell a challenge,,,,,

"work for your world and living like you will forever live, and work for your hereafter like you'll die tomorrow"
Mohamed (P.B.U.H)
(#13 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-24-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobaUdon View Post
I saw japanese girls with blacks, I saw japanese women with caucasians. but not a single brown person with an asian. why aren't we cool enough for asian women? this is something I have noticed with other asians too (chinese especially).
What kind of a half assed observation is this?

Perhaps the brown people you saw were on their way to meet their girlfriend. Or perhaps they weren't interested in asian women or perhaps they were gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobaUdon View Post
I am now on a bodybuilding program and I am learning Japanese just to get myself a japanese chica for my next trip to japan. but it would suck if they still rejected me just because I am brown
Judging from all of your posts so far, I think it's clearly obvious that it's your attitude - not your personal appearance that has to change.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
nellie1208 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2011, 05:56 AM

hi there. maybe it is upon the person's culture, but on some, it depends. It's either they have chosen it, or they were persuaded. lol. but for me, as an asian woman, it depends.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
hinacamui (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to hinacamui
08-28-2011, 08:55 AM

Coming from an internationally-brought up Japanese girl's point of view, nationality isn't much of a problem. Japanese girls focus more on personality than looks or skin color- there aren't many "good-looking" men. If a caucasian and a mexican with nearly the same personality were to approach a Japanese girl, maybe she would choose the caucasian, but that would be preference. People don't have the same personality and their likes/dislikes vary. I've seen lots of Mexican&Japanese couples at ICU.

Bodybuilding isn't really that popular in Japan, working out a bit is okay but most girls would just be scared o-o;
I think you should fix your personality first, before changing your appearance. You shouldn't classify people/yourself solely by race. Your racist arrogance might be what's preventing you from getting a girl.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Or you can follow the advice of a T- shirt I saw in the mall. "The more I learn about women, the more I love my car".
(#17 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2011, 06:18 PM

I'm not that interested in cars though. I'll get one,I mean I have to,but if I was in Taiwan I'd get a motorbike.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-29-2011, 06:21 PM

It's ment more as a joke. In essence the car doesn't have "feelings" you can hurt, nor need to be told you love it or given flowers or feel that you need it. Car's won't get jelous if you ride in another car, won't complain if you don't change it's tires every month.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
V1nn1 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
What kind of a half assed observation is this?

Perhaps the brown people you saw were on their way to meet their girlfriend. Or perhaps they weren't interested in asian women or perhaps they were gay.

Judging from all of your posts so far, I think it's clearly obvious that it's your attitude - not your personal appearance that has to change.
I was waiting for something like this. I wouldn't go for such an attitude (if I were a girl... ._.)
And why does it have to be a Japanese one instead of any other nationality?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Because we want them to be nice? I mean,that's not to say any other nationality wouldn't be nice but you wouldn't always find them depending on what kind of area you were in.