JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SobaUdon (Offline)
New to JF

Why aren't brown people "cool" in Japan - 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM

I saw japanese girls with blacks, I saw japanese women with caucasians. but not a single brown person with an asian. why aren't we cool enough for asian women? this is something I have noticed with other asians too (chinese especially).

I am now on a bodybuilding program and I am learning Japanese just to get myself a japanese chica for my next trip to japan. but it would suck if they still rejected me just because I am brown
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobaUdon View Post
I saw japanese girls with blacks, I saw japanese women with caucasians. but not a single brown person with an asian. why aren't we cool enough for asian women? this is something I have noticed with other asians too (chinese especially).

I am now on a bodybuilding program and I am learning Japanese just to get myself a japanese chica for my next trip to japan. but it would suck if they still rejected me just because I am brown

I seen Japanese/Chinese/Asian in general with Mexican. Both are heavy populations in my hometown.

I think it could be more of you than your skin color in the end, and as a girl, if a guy was on bodybuild in I would think he is a bit full of himself. I think just slight maintenance is good enough for a lot of girls.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SobaUdon (Offline)
New to JF

08-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
I seen Japanese/Chinese/Asian in general with Mexican. Both are heavy populations in my hometown.

I think it could be more of you than your skin color in the end, and as a girl, if a guy was on bodybuild in I would think he is a bit full of himself. I think just slight maintenance is good enough for a lot of girls.
Mexicans aren't the same type of brown as indians and middle-easterners. Latin-Americans are always seen as cool, like the blacks.

You say you don't like bodybuilding now, but what will you say when I send you half-naked pictures of my muscled up body in a year or two?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Fr3sh (Offline)
JF Regular

08-22-2011, 05:11 PM

First of all...I think your skin color has nothing to do with this, it's all about your personality and how you approach the girl and how you treat her.

And besides I've seen MANY brown\asian couples here in Edmonton.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Mexicans aren't the same type of brown as indians and middle-easterners. Latin-Americans are always seen as cool, like the blacks.

You say you don't like bodybuilding now, but what will you say when I send you half-naked pictures of my muscled up body in a year or two?
No, I really dont like body building. Semi-athletic is okay, but being all muscular actually turns me off. I hate guys that look too into themselves.

I have seen less Middle-Eastern/Indian couples, but its still a possibility. In the end, however, don't use anything but your personality as an excuse why people wont give one a chance. (This goes for everyone in the end. Sure culture differences are a barrier, but it takes a cool person to convince someone to look past that, not your looks.)

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Pogopuschel (Offline)
JF Regular

08-22-2011, 10:01 PM

From my experience, most Japanese girls are actually not into guys that do bodybuilding. They prefer the slim and more "feminine" style on guys. Most girls like guys that are slim and in "good shape", but not muscle packed ones. So if you have a couple of extra pounds you better lose them instead of packing on muscle.

Anyway, the whole thing has to do with status in society. Black people are cool because they are funny and "rappers" as seen in the media. White people are cool because they are seen as having powerful positions in the media. In Japan, a lot of brown people (not indians) do "lower" jobs such factory work, that may have to do with it.

Anyway, I agree with the above. Your skin color has very little to do with if you can pick up a girl. Yes, it does play a role, but it's a very minor one. And the girls for who skin colors matters aren't worth it anyway.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-22-2011, 11:24 PM

The British media tries to make out that Japanese women think like the people making it do. There was a Doctor Who Magazine comic strip a while back and it was set in Japan and this mother was saying her son was ''obsessed with violent cartoons''! Doctor Who is still not great when it comes to race.

I would not be surprised at all if Japanese women liked feminine men. There just seems to be a few people in Japan who's true nature comes out when they meet a white man talking about this stuff[well occasionally another ethnicity] and they start talking about how ''men aren't macho'' anymore.

I suppose it does boil down to personality to a point. I'm gonna try to be interesting enough that they don't just have a relationship with me,they actually can see past race but you might encounter them preferring white people. Sadly they like whiteness over there. It's a country where wearing brown face paint is still considered A-OK.

Of course,still perservere because the world,particularly Japan needs diversifying and making more interesting.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-22-2011, 11:50 PM

That might be part of it, whiteness is seen as a positive in Japan. Not "caucasian" persay, it's the color white in and off itself. I don't know why, has some historical or relgious thing about it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile attractiveness - 08-24-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogopuschel View Post
So if you have a couple of extra pounds you better lose them instead of packing on muscle.

Seems, nobody likes "extra pounds"!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-24-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Latin-Americans are always seen as cool, like the blacks.
Is that so? I was unaware of that, are you sure?

If I ever went to japan, I would seriously have no clue how people would react to my nationality...