JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-06-2011, 07:38 PM

I don't know much about Syria but I can tell you that a goverment that asks for help and all people of that country supporting their goverment are two different things.

Achieving physical freedom with violence is possible, altough you never get peace that way. But do you really want "freedom" if it means hurting other people? I certainly don't.. As soon as you start using violence you don't deserve freedom anymore.
The only proper way of achieving physical freedom is by making all goverment officials realise they need to stop being the power drunk idiots that they are. And that's perfectly possible without violence.

He drew a circle that shut me out --
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.

Last edited by DragonNL : 10-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
im seriously tired of countries asking for help from us only to turn around next week and burn our flag and call us the "The great Satan" i use to be a bleeding heart liberal but honestly in my later years im finding it harder to care. I will never forget them dancing in the streets when the towers fell its burned in my mind forever. Ryzorian is not being ignorant its obvious you dont understand the complexities of international relations and foreign policy.

Actually Ryozorian is being ignorant.

He's dreamed up some bogus theory about how the world works and cherry picked moments in history to support it while ignoring things like the independence movement in India or the US civil rights movement and even the more recent Egypt uprising (which were largely peaceful).

And you are being ignorant with your characterization of Syrian people.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-06-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post

He's dreamed up some bogus theory about how the world works and cherry picked moments in history to support it while ignoring things like the independence movement in India or the US civil rights movement and even the more recent Egypt uprising (which were largely peaceful).

Do you see how fluffy0000 interjected and corrected some misunderstandings with some historical facts?

It's a better way than than just calling people ignorant without any facts or evidence as if we're just supposed to go "yep. He knows what *he's* talking about. You know he's cross-eyed so, obviously, his word is law." Also, it's ironic how you point out someone is cherry picking specific moments in history but then throw out 2 or 3 (of what I would call) examples as if that couldn't be labeled "cherry picking" by your own definition.

I'm no history buff but I doubt anyone is going to agree that the road to freedom that the majority of societies over the past 5,000 years of history traveled upon was in the form of peaceful demonstrations rather than fighting for it.

Whose ignorant now Bioot...no I'm jk. lol I'm not trying to fight because I think we're all ignorant in varying degrees on a variety of topics and we should refute with facts (as we see it) in a polite tone rather than just writing people off. I'm a sensitive guy what can I say.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

10-07-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
Do you see how fluffy0000 interjected and corrected some misunderstandings with some historical facts?

It's a better way than than just calling people ignorant without any facts or evidence as if we're just supposed to go "yep. He knows what *he's* talking about. You know he's cross-eyed so, obviously, his word is law." Also, it's ironic how you point out someone is cherry picking specific moments in history but then throw out 2 or 3 (of what I would call) examples as if that couldn't be labeled "cherry picking" by your own definition.

I'm no history buff but I doubt anyone is going to agree that the road to freedom that the majority of societies over the past 5,000 years of history traveled upon was in the form of peaceful demonstrations rather than fighting for it.

Whose ignorant now Bioot...no I'm jk. lol I'm not trying to fight because I think we're all ignorant in varying degrees on a variety of topics and we should refute with facts (as we see it) in a polite tone rather than just writing people off. I'm a sensitive guy what can I say.
Um How am I cherry picking?

I haven't put forward a theory on the way the world works.. just debunking Ryozorians theory using events that don't correspond with it or can you not read?

And I did give facts.. or are you denying that the Indian independence movement, the Egyptian uprising and the US civil rights movement never happened? You can throw in the womans suffrage movement in for good measure too.

As for your theory about the last 5000 years. It's just as bogus. I mean for a start what we imagine to be "freedom" is very recent so I'm not sure what sort of point you're trying to make.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 10-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

10-07-2011, 03:19 AM

Fluffy; The French didn't "Publicly" Support....there's a big difference in covert and overt support. France was at war with Britain at the time and the idea of covertly supporting an upriseing was appealing becuase it could draw troops away from France. It's why Britain hired Hessian mercs to fight in the Revolution...though ironically, by the end of the war 8,000 of the orginal 12,000 Hessians were fighting for the US.

Ronin, Egypt is being over run by The Islamic brotherhood and killing coptic christians by the hundreds. India? They meerly took advantage of the fact Britain was in Geat Decline by then and more than glad to be rid of the problem, plus didn't gandi get like..I don't know, KILLED? The Civil Rights movement? HELLO? Martin Luther King SHOT DEAD...are you kidding me? just trying to get civil rights was bought for with BLOOD. Freedom DEMAND'S a blood price..If you aren't willing to pay it..you don't deserve to be free.

Your niave, like the 2 yearold who didn't understand why the robber killed his parents.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

10-07-2011, 04:07 AM

lol

Do you know the difference between a violent uprising and a peaceful one?

Just because they were shot dead doesn't mean they weren't non-violent resistance movements.

I don't have time to address your revisionist history (BIG lol at the Islamic Brotherhood bullsh*t) but regardless.. those "points" you've brought up regarding the events I mentioned don't belie the fact that I've proven your "theory" is bogus and you're full of sh*t.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post

Well Ronin i wont bite on this one. Ill just say this.

-No airstrikes by the US
-No Boots on the ground by the US
-No Invention by the US without a Coalition and even then a limited roll

You want freedom fight for it its not FREE it cost blood, sweat and tears and right now i dont see a coordinate resistance in Syria. Therefore i dont support any action other sanctions. I will not support something that is going to lead to all out war or other countries bitching that the US has again invaded another Muslim country.

so if you have all the answers how about you go to Syria and solve the problem yourself.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-07-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
plus didn't gandi get like..I don't know, KILLED? The Civil Rights movement? HELLO? Martin Luther King SHOT DEAD...are you kidding me? just trying to get civil rights was bought for with BLOOD. Freedom DEMAND'S a blood price..If you aren't willing to pay it..you don't deserve to be free.
In which world do you live?!!... The only thing you deserve when you shoot and murder someone is JAILTIME.

He drew a circle that shut me out --
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
zem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to zem Send a message via MSN to zem Send a message via Yahoo to zem Send a message via Skype™ to zem
Angry 10-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozyra View Post
You all know what happens in Syria, crimes everywhere ..
Since a period , a few group of people came and arrested 20 children and executed them by firing squad in Homs ..
2500 people HAVE BEEN KILLED HERE !!
There are three things that kill innocent people in Syria : American , Russian , Arabic and Western Government, the ruling regime in Syria, the stupidity of some people in Syria who use weapons ..
Security Council is only Funny Theatre !! , I don't care what happens in the Security Council ....
The United States and Russia want their interest ,The Syrian regime doesn't serve the interests of United States , The Syrian regime serves the interests of Russia, the Syrian regime killed people, and people defend themselves and killing the soldiers, no one cares about the Syrian blood, no one cares about morality or human blood, it's a world of interests and interests only, a lot of people had been killed in Gaza and the United States have supported Israel ....
A lot of people only interested in sex, and sit on the beach, drinking alcohol, drug, buy modern vehicles, styling their hair in a strange and silly style to To draw the attention of people , and shows the people and says :" Look at my hair!! It's beautiful!! " then his freinds say: Waaaaaaaaaaawww ........... And other silly things that people became interested in them while the people starve in Somalia and the people in Palestine and Syria die by bullets...
When I see people like these , I hate myself as a human !!!
So Who lose finally ?? The Syrian people, all humanity is losing here, Damn to the language of interests !!! you stupid humans!! There is a thing is more important than interests , that thing is love, that thing is the cooperation in order to build a future for all and know the purpose of our existence ...
I still believe that there are still good people and they want everyone to live happiness regardless of the language of interest ....
I do not want from the Western and Easten people to help us by sending NATO warplanes and shelling here and there , I just want from them to get out to the streets in the thousands and Sympathize the Syrian people for their sacrifices ​​for Their country, The Syrian people went down to the street, men , womens and children to face the bullets of security forces and the military and guns, topless, they want the demands of human , as well as facing America's attempts to interfere in its affairs, one word dropped all this blood : WE WANT FREEDOM !!!

why I can see United States in anywhere ?????
(#20 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

10-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Fluffy; The French didn't "Publicly" Support....there's a big difference in covert and overt support. France was at war with Britain at the time and the idea of covertly supporting an upriseing was appealing becuase it could draw troops away from France. It's why Britain hired Hessian mercs to fight in the Revolution...though ironically, by the end of the war 8,000 of the orginal 12,000 Hessians were fighting for the US.
France was not at war with Britain in 1776' dude.

Your entitiled to your own opinions not your own facts.

The Revolutionary War, began as a war between Great Britain and thirteen British colonies in North America, and ended in a global war between several European great powers.
France did not declare war until 1778' & Spain and the Dutch Republic—French allies also entered war at this time.