LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretorius View Post
Eternal glory to the brave japanese soldiers! They fought against American imperialism.

The Japanese soldiers were brave enough, but they weren't fighting against American imperialism, they were fighting for Japanese imperialism. I suppose you don't remember that at the time of WW2, Japan called itself an "empire", and the Japanese army was formally called the "Imperial Japanese Army" (or I.J.A. for short). It makes sense that an army so-named probably belongs to an imperialistic government. In Japan there is no eternal glory for the Japanese soldiers, and even today young Japanese avoid serving in the self defense forces because it is not thought of as an honorable profession.

All lands conquered by the Japanese were conquered in the name of the emperor. Like Hitler's Germany, Japan conquered, looted, and shipped back to Japan anything of value which they could find. The East Indies were conquered for their oil fields, Malaysia was conquered for it's tin, rubber, and quinine. Manchuria was conquered for it's natural resources. Rather than pay for the labor to recover these resources, Japan enslaved several hundreds of thousands of people. More than 100,000 of these slaves died during the building of the Thailand/Burma railroad alone. Countless more died in other wartime projects.

At first, the native peoples of the parts of Asia who were controlled by the British and the Dutch welcomed the Japanese. This feeling was short-lived. The Japanese enslaved or killed outright the Chinese which they found in Malaysia and other places. All Asians with tattoos were likewise killed (to this day Japanese still distrust anyone with tattoos). Native people were paid for their work with Japanese "monopoly" money, which was worth less than the paper it was printed on. Industries and farms in the conquered lands faltered, because their products and food were simply stolen rather than being paid for. Starvation of the native peoples became rampant, and it wasn't long before these natives began working with the Allies to destroy the Japanese.

It was the ultimate irony that Japan itself ended up being conquered by America. But what went around came around.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RustyBlackleford (Offline)
Banned

12-10-2011, 05:14 PM

All conquests are justified. I know Japanese nationalists that claim that they were fighting White imperialism, yet they are now elated to have White men romping through their country. They were fighting for Japanese imperialism; fighting against White colonial powers is just a byproduct of this. Not saying that they were "wrong"; all people should fight for their own, but those with power of course will say that it's OK for them to do things while it's "immoral" for others to do it back or to defend themselves. The American Right is notorious for this.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBlackleford View Post
As a Black man, I have a bias in favor of my own people,
As a white man, what would you call me if I said the same thing?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Banned

12-10-2011, 05:57 PM

I'd call you lucky. The liberals might call you a racist, yes. Conservatives will call me a racist. The fact is that different races have different interests, thus there will be conflict when radically-different races come into contact. I wish I were White so I could stand up for myself and be rewarded, but unfortunately I am Black. I'll still stand up for myself, but I expect to lose.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2011, 06:21 PM

surely variety is the spice of life and we were made to suit the environment in which we were likely to live--

Animals come in many colours--- they are beautifully arrayed in natures colours and designs.

We should all be glad to be who we are-- but also rejoice in the variety around the world and embrace each other. How mundane a world it would be if we were all the same type and colour.

It is individuals that matter to me--not their race or colour.

In the past there has been too much discrimination and advantages taken of those from other lands-- it has been appalling the way many have been used and abused.

In the year 2011 surely we know enough to appreciate everyone and treat each as an individual.

Britain had its Empire-- Heaven Knows. I doubt many nations are pure and innocent.

I still am shocked when I learn of the horrors of war and how easily normal human beings can be transformed into monsters. so easily controlled by those who begin these wars.

My heart goes out to the way the Vietnamese were attacked in dreadful ways.

I hate all wars. Do they ever solve Anything?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Banned

12-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post

I hate all wars. Do they ever solve Anything?
I hate wars because my people are generally the losers or if we are fighting for some other race (like Black American GIs), we rarely reap the full benefits of victory like Whites and other races do.

Wars do solve problems for the winners (not necessarily the nations themselves, but the big powers of the nations); they may cause a lot of other problems, but wars and violence DO in fact solve problems, contrary to leftist belief.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I'd call you lucky. The liberals might call you a racist, yes. Conservatives will call me a racist. The fact is that different races have different interests, thus there will be conflict when radically-different races come into contact. I wish I were White so I could stand up for myself and be rewarded, but unfortunately I am Black. I'll still stand up for myself, but I expect to lose.
No, you'd call me a racist. And you'd be right. Different races have different interests only if they are interested in their own race. There is no need for conflict when races "come into contact" if race is not an issue. I come into contact with different races daily. There is no competition or conflict as we are not concerned with skin color, only humanity.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Banned

12-10-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
No, you'd call me a racist. And you'd be right. Different races have different interests only if they are interested in their own race. There is no need for conflict when races "come into contact" if race is not an issue. I come into contact with different races daily. There is no competition or conflict as we are not concerned with skin color, only humanity.
Maybe I would call you racist, but I wouldn't call you "immoral". I would hate you, but that's because you are my enemy. Blacks and liberals complain about racism because we are the losers; non-Blacks and conservatives complain about "reverse" racism because they want to maintain their power and demoralize the competition (it's in Art of War).

Race is an issue and probably always will be. Looks are important in this world, and certain races are deemed better-looking. You should know this living in Japan where there is a heavy emphasis on aesthetic beauty, and height, blonde-hair and blue eyes are champion. Race also has an effect on a variety of things such as health problems, reaction to climate, and maybe even innate character and intelligence.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Maybe I would call you racist, but I wouldn't call you "immoral". I would hate you, but that's because you are my enemy. Blacks and liberals complain about racism because we are the losers; non-Blacks and conservatives complain about "reverse" racism because they want to maintain their power and demoralize the competition (it's in Art of War).

Race is an issue and probably always will be. Looks are important in this world, and certain races are deemed better-looking. You should know this living in Japan where there is a heavy emphasis on aesthetic beauty, and height, blonde-hair and blue eyes are champion. Race also has an effect on a variety of things such as health problems, reaction to climate, and maybe even innate character and intelligence.
You would call me racist and hate me for doing the exact same thing you are doing.

I am your enemy because I am white? What basis for a war is that? That makes as much sense for hating someone because of the color of their hair or how tall they are or what city they happen to be born in. Why would you hate someone for something they have no control over and cannot change. Isn't that an extreme waste of energy?

Race has an effect on intelligence? I'd like to see some evidence to back that up.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Banned

12-10-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
You would call me racist and hate me for doing the exact same thing you are doing.
Exactly. Conservatives and Whites hate Blacks for hating them when they hated us. White guys get tons of chicks in Japan, then complain and say "Blacks only want sex" in the rare cases that we get them. Many people all over the world are hated for attempting to do the same things that others do, especially when it was done to them.

Quote:
I am your enemy because I am white? What basis for a war is that? That makes as much sense for hating someone because of the color of their hair or how tall they are or what city they happen to be born in. Why would you hate someone for something they have no control over and cannot change. Isn't that an extreme waste of energy?

Race has an effect on intelligence? I'd like to see some evidence to back that up.
Yes, you are. Blacks and non-Blacks are enemies for the most part. Most non-Blacks have little respect or use for us, and Blacks naturally hate back. Hating people for race does make sense; short men are disliked too, and race is likely more than a phenotypical attribute. I am hated for things that I have no control over and cannot change, so I hate back. It's simple really. It's a waste of energy trying to get people to understand, I suppose, but I'm convinced that many of the White liberals like yourself (especially those in Japan) really know what I'm talking about, but they deny it to strip my argument of its arsenal. Conservatives openly acknowledge the things that I say (which is why I have a bit more respect for them), although they still say "it's OK for us to do it but bad for you, N".

There are a ton of racial IQ theories all over the Internet and in some scientific journals. of course there are arguments that debunk them, but I wonder how much of it is true given the history of the world. I am not a scientist in that field, so perhaps I'll never know. I do know that society places a value on race, and as a Black man, I did get the shaft.