JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
03-16-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
where are these places? I have been here a year now and haven't seen a single one in Tokyo or Yokohama...
are you serious?

have you gone outside?

Try Roppongi Hills/ try Tokyo midtown/ try ANY high end restaurant, Omotosando has lots of places.

Rotating sushi places.... what else..

Wolf Gang pucks/mc donalds/ first kitchen/ pepper lunch/ yoshinoya/ mos burger/ Freshness burger/ Nathens/Samrat/ all have Separate levels in most of their locations for smokers.

Every spot in Tokyo disney =P

Lots of places in Hiro/ Yoyogi/ Takanawa are non smoking.

They even have oxygen bars now in Shibbies.

Speak of shibuya, check some of the places there.

pretty much in every area there is a few places you can go thats all non smoking or has separate levels.

Edit" oh yea and lots of places in Tokyo Dome.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
03-16-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio View Post
I don't know, Japan is hard to smoke anymore-at least metro.

Just got back from Japan. You cannot smoke in train stations except for certain "smoking corners" at designated times. forget dowtown Yokohama. You will get a ticket for smoking in public, and they have a smoking room on the just outside the train station. Now that was funny, go into a room full of smoke, you don't even need to light up

Narita airport -you can only smoke outside in smoking corners. and some restaurants have smoking/non smoking sections.

I hardly saw anyone smoking other than those designated smoking areas. I almost felt guilty.
you couldnt smoke in train stations for a while.

but at least their airports have smoking rooms.

Christ i was dieing at the airport in the states.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

(#23 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-16-2008, 07:19 AM

Wow, somehow I want to go to Japan less...

Sorry, smoking, to me, is just the most annoying thing in the world. I tolerate it ('cause my mum used to smoke), but I can't stand being somewhere to have someone come and light up right next to me.

From a technical standpoint, I just don't want to inhale someone else's carcinogenic vapours--I'll do that myself, if I so choose, thank you. On top of the CO poisoning, in the mild form normally caused by secondhand smoke, leaves me with a headache that doesn't go away even if I go and get fresh air.

Less technical, I just hate the smell, and it's probably my biggest turn off (it's amazing how many very attractive women I won't even look at because they have a cigarette in their hand).

*sigh*

But I'm glad to hear that there seems to be some restrictions on public cigarette use. Maybe by the time I can get there things will be quite to my California-ized liking XD . (Hooray for californication)

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

03-16-2008, 07:03 PM

for most part smoking is done in smoking areas.
either a lil boxed room or outside some where.
people dont really smoke and walk. although i do and i see a few others do.

but if you want to avoid smoking in japan its not hard..

i think your picturing japan as like EVERY one smokes every where all the time all over the place non stop...
which isnt the case.

plenty of places for non smokers to go toget away from it all.

just dont be lecturing us smokers how its bad for us, or your gona get a big cup of stfu =) hehe

but seriously, i have a lot of non smoker friends in japan and im usualy tortured and draged into these non smoking establishments and areas.

so dont let smoking make you wana go to japan less.

MR.JF & Jf God

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Leekun (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Leekun Send a message via MSN to Leekun Send a message via Yahoo to Leekun Send a message via Skype™ to Leekun
03-23-2008, 07:11 AM

I agree with the post above. There are new smoking regulations being put in all the time. It's definitely more common than California (I used to live there too) but it's not as bad as it used to be at all. You mgiht have small problems every once in a while but overall you should be able to get around just fine. It's still a great place to be!