I wish I could go on vacation
Exactly, you can't have your cake and eat it

..or something.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-11-2008, 12:24 PM

The family I grew up in, the person that makes the money and pay for the trip decide where to go. As sketchy pointed out be grateful.

Did you ever ask them why they don't want to go to Japan?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

09-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Yeah, man who pays kinda determines where they be going. Save up some money and go by yourself. If they don't want to go, their loss. In fact, go to japan, take pictures of all the cool stuff there and when you get back, make them jealous. Do it in powerpoint, more dramatic effect.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Splen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Splen
09-15-2008, 11:34 AM

my parents think too
(#16 (permalink))
Old
butterflymiko18 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to butterflymiko18 Send a message via MSN to butterflymiko18 Send a message via Yahoo to butterflymiko18 Send a message via Skype™ to butterflymiko18
Wink 09-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonxchan View Post
Hi my name is maison ^_^ im in love with japanese culture and anime and what not. My dream this upcoming summer is to go to Toyko Japan for a week. but my parents think im crazy i try to talk to them about it and they go completely nutzo. How should i persuade them that visiting Japan would be a greater trip then going to the Carribean?
Tell them that since Japan is one of the leading powers in the world, and a place rich with culture, history, and awesome food, and also a BUNCH of stuff in America comes from there, it would be stupid NOT to go. ^_^ I totally know where you're coming from. My mom and sis cannot even begin to understand my obsession w/ Japan. Everyone goes to the Caribbean, but it's more a vacation spot than a cultural experience. I mean, come on, aren't there Caribbean festivals here? But you don't see any festivals for Japan, do you? so it really would be a great experience. if my mom forbid me from going to japan, i'd be like and then run away! good luck w/ convincing your parents.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Omg - 09-20-2008, 04:05 PM

i totally understand what u mean, my parents want to take us to Hawaii, but i'd rather go to Japan D< i'm also SICK and TIRED of them saying we're going somewhere, me getting excited, and then find out, WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE >.> they've been saying year after year "oh, we'll be going to Mexico this summer" and then we end up never going, and now, all of a sudden, they wanna take my sisters and i to hawaii, and they're actually going to follow through! I HATE IT! D< when i WANT to go somewhere, we don't go, and when i DON'T WANT to go somewhere, we end up going!
and now i'm trying to convince them to let me go to Japan and stay with my BFF instead, but they continue to say no and they also say "It's going to be fun, don't worry" I WANNA PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE AND YELL "IT'S NOT GOING TO BE FUN, SO STFU!!!"
do u get what i feel too?
it's kinda the same, u wanna go to Japan, but they wanna go to the Carribbean, i want to go to Japan, but they wanna go to Hawaii

if u hav a friend in Japan, maybe u could ask them if u could stay with them, and then try to convince ur parents that u'd probably weigh them down since ur so upset at the Carribbean, and that they would hav more fun if they went alone, and u went and stayed with ur friend in Japan that's what i'm trying to do :P
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-20-2008, 04:36 PM

Show them statistics of all the foreigners attacked in the caribean and stats on the safety of Japan. The fact that Japan is probably 100 times safer that the caribean would probably work.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
09-22-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonxchan View Post
Hi my name is maison ^_^ im in love with japanese culture and anime and what not. My dream this upcoming summer is to go to Toyko Japan for a week. but my parents think im crazy i try to talk to them about it and they go completely nutzo. How should i persuade them that visiting Japan would be a greater trip then going to the Carribean?
Aww dont worry, maybe one yr u all might go! I was suprised when my mum said she would like to visit Japan. We both wanna go 4 different reasons but i was like... Omg! She wants to because theres this thing called PMC that she likes and is expensive in the UK n a bit expensive in the states. Its by Mittsubishi Materials. Another thing that's funny is she who's about ganguros and she'll sing some songs like smile ichiban li onna and she'll know little bits of them. My mum is great lol. She picks up thing real quick and she's nosey lol si she does spot things!
Sorry just got a bit carried away with this post. X

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader
(#20 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
09-22-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
Going to the Carribean is still pretty nice, be grateful damn you
It's tru! atleast they're takin u on holz. Alot of people I kno don't have the privilege. And ur parents probably just arent cultured enough about Japan and they don't know what to expect. I'm guessin ur fam r not Japanese lol. Where are they from?

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader