JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
fionafungcl (Offline)
New to JF

06-23-2010, 10:57 AM

I got JASSO scholarship too!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks GOD!
btw, how much will you bring to Japan then??
(#22 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-23-2010, 08:45 PM

My university estimated that I bring between 17K- 20k. So that much I have plus, the money for the jasso scholarship. How much are u bringing?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
fionafungcl (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousee09 View Post
My university estimated that I bring between 17K- 20k. So that much I have plus, the money for the jasso scholarship. How much are u bringing?
ur 17-20 K is in US dollars or YEN? I am not sure how much I should bring as I will be staying in Kyushu, my uni said the living standard is much lower than Osaka and Tokyo. Also, i wana do some part time in Japan coz i think it may be interesting! Hv you bought ur flight ticket? I hv checked it costs 70000 yen for round trip ticket, from Hong Kong to Fukuoka Airport! hows yours?

really nice to meet someone who will go on exchange in the coming semester! =)
(#24 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionafungcl View Post
ur 17-20 K is in US dollars or YEN? I am not sure how much I should bring as I will be staying in Kyushu, my uni said the living standard is much lower than Osaka and Tokyo. Also, i wana do some part time in Japan coz i think it may be interesting! Hv you bought ur flight ticket? I hv checked it costs 70000 yen for round trip ticket, from Hong Kong to Fukuoka Airport! hows yours?

17K-20K is in US Dollars in yen it is 1,788,606 yen

Yes I already bought my plane ticket. I brought a one way ticket for 63,902 yen. I am coming from Georgia, US to Osaka, Japan. It is a 12 hour flight to japan. I might do some part time work in Japan too while I am over in Japan.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-24-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:

17-20K in USD isn't unreasonable for a year. I think I said earlier, but my school suggested 30K for Tokyo.

I bought my one-way ticket from Dulles (Washington, D.C.) to Narita Airport for about 90,000 yen (970 USD) on a 14.5 hour plane ride. I find it kind of weird you're in Hong Kong yet it's only 200 dollars less. Maybe I don't know enough about flights.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#26 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
17-20K in USD isn't unreasonable for a year. I think I said earlier, but my school suggested 30K for Tokyo.

I bought my one-way ticket from Dulles (Washington, D.C.) to Narita Airport for about 90,000 yen (970 USD) on a 14.5 hour plane ride. I find it kind of weird you're in Hong Kong yet it's only 200 dollars less. Maybe I don't know enough about flights.
Hers is for 70,000 is for a round trip. Ours is just for a one way, if i was to to buy a round ticket it would between $1000-$2000
(#27 (permalink))
Old
fionafungcl (Offline)
New to JF

06-25-2010, 04:22 PM

i really think my flight ticket is a little bit expensive, maybe its Cathy Pacific, mum dun allow me to try mainland airlines @@...

Wooo... 17-20K too me its too much @@..... my college said the estimated monthly budget in Kyushu is around 80000 yen, that means the jasso scholarship can basically cover my daily expenses. I think i wont bring too much money.

oohhh i really cant wait!!! but i hv a lot to buy before departure, like electronic dictionary, a brand new digital camera... etc... it cost quite a lot !! >.<
(#28 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-26-2010, 02:30 PM

You might want to bring a bit more money for unexpected expenses.
I fought a english to japanese dictionary with kanji input for $319.00.My budget for my camera is between $100-$200. I am going to try to get a camera that takes pictures and record videos.
I sending off some of my luggage to the university so that I do not have to carry a lot of bagage to the airport.

What is ur exact leaving date? I am leaving september 9 and staying until next August.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
fionafungcl (Offline)
New to JF

06-27-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousee09 View Post
You might want to bring a bit more money for unexpected expenses.
I fought a english to japanese dictionary with kanji input for $319.00.My budget for my camera is between $100-$200. I am going to try to get a camera that takes pictures and record videos.
I sending off some of my luggage to the university so that I do not have to carry a lot of bagage to the airport.

What is ur exact leaving date? I am leaving september 9 and staying until next August.
my budget for the cheapest Canon camera is over 200 US dollars in H.K!! how come... @@ u are smart to send some luggage first! but i am wondering i hv to send a lot back to H.K next Aug,, haha,, so need to prepare some money for it.!
i am leaving on 28 Sep coz my sch starts on 8/10 ! hope to meet you somewhere in Japan loh!! =)
(#30 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-27-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
i am leaving on 28 Sep coz my sch starts on 8/10 ! hope to meet you somewhere in Japan loh!! =)
you will be leaving 9/10 (September 10) and school starts Sept. 28 right? I am alittle confused with your statement but I think that was what you were trying to say .

Yeah sure we can meet sometimes if you want, that would be fun. Where is Kyushu Uni located in Japan?