JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are You Visiting Japan in 2011?
Yes, it's all booked 18 32.14%
Yes, but it's not booked yet 17 30.36%
Yes, on business 2 3.57%
No 19 33.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
stewartcraigie (Offline)
New to JF

Japan 2011 - 12-21-2010, 12:35 PM

I am traveling to Japan for 2 months in April 2011 for the first ever time and by myself! Would love to meet some one who lives in Japan to show me all those local gems that tourists never see. My real passion is food, drinks, restaurants, and markets and want to see the best the country has to offer! If you have any information it would be great.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
teresa412009 (Offline)
New to JF

12-23-2010, 03:31 AM

Yes, but it's not booked yet
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-29-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartcraigie View Post
I am traveling to Japan for 2 months in April 2011 for the first ever time and by myself! Would love to meet some one who lives in Japan to show me all those local gems that tourists never see. My real passion is food, drinks, restaurants, and markets and want to see the best the country has to offer! If you have any information it would be great.
Good luck with that

Personally I'm not into Japanese food that much because I'm a terribly fussy eater. During my trip I only ate a very limited amount of food. However, I didn't even touch a McDonalds or any Western food chain.

I'd say around 50% of the days in my trip, I didn't eat a single thing. When abroad, for some reason my entire appetite completely disappears for most of the trip.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Silchuki14 (Offline)
New to JF

12-29-2010, 11:55 PM

As for me, I'm going in Japan for a 2 Week trip in May 2011, alone.

I'm really looking foward to this! Winter is sooooo long!!
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silchuki14 View Post
As for me, I'm going in Japan for a 2 Week trip in May 2011, alone.

I'm really looking foward to this! Winter is sooooo long!!
Cool
So how old are you?
I went to Japan alone for 2 weeks when I was 17, I think I was very lucky to have the chance!
Where do you come from too?
(#36 (permalink))
Old
d4rk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to d4rk Send a message via MSN to d4rk Send a message via Yahoo to d4rk Send a message via Skype™ to d4rk
12-30-2010, 12:48 AM

Where's the maybe button there? I still have a year before i get into college to learn Japanese and considering my pace (on my comfort zone), i'll make it in time. Im going to try to make a deal with my parents: "If i get good grades this year (in all 12 core subjects), please give me a plane ticket to Honshu, and probably Hokkaido"... and i'll probably give some of my friends a reason to be jealous (・ω・)

If everything works out just like I'm planning, I will experience another cold December , not in the states, but in Japan! And i'll enjoy every last bit of it! And... i hope im old enough to travel alone...

(I live in brazil, and summer here is odd, when it rains, it gets chilly (not cold), when it's not raining, it's scorching hot)
(#37 (permalink))
Old
jingojango (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2010, 03:59 PM

Hello everyone,
I will go to Japan in July/August 2011. I will come to Hiroshima, then go WWOOFing in Kobe-prefecture and in Mie-prefecture, and afterwards visit the areas of Osaka and Tokyo. Anyone wanting to join me?
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Versa (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingojango View Post
Hello everyone,
I will go to Japan in July/August 2011. I will come to Hiroshima, then go WWOOFing in Kobe-prefecture and in Mie-prefecture, and afterwards visit the areas of Osaka and Tokyo. Anyone wanting to join me?
I'm going to Tokyo with my friends in July/August 2011 as well.
I'm actually going opposite, cuz first I'll go to Tokyo since my relative lives there and that's where I am going to stay, and then going to west. Hopefully we can see each other at Tokyo.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
jingojango (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa View Post
I'm actually going opposite, cuz first I'll go to Tokyo since my relative lives there and that's where I am going to stay, and then going to west. Hopefully we can see each other at Tokyo.
Oh great =) well, maybe we can see each other in Osaka, will be there at the end of July. Cuz I conly come to Tokyo in August =( Btw, you know any Japanese? Have you been there before?
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingojango View Post
Hello everyone,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa View Post
Raising my hand here.
Will be in the Tokyo area July 22nd - 28th so if that works for anyone then you can count me in