JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are You Visiting Japan in 2011?
Yes, it's all booked 18 32.14%
Yes, but it's not booked yet 17 30.36%
Yes, on business 2 3.57%
No 19 33.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Versa (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingojango View Post
Oh great =) well, maybe we can see each other in Osaka, will be there at the end of July. Cuz I conly come to Tokyo in August =( Btw, you know any Japanese? Have you been there before?
Yup, I speak Japanese fluently as well as English, and I don't have an accent for both languages. I was born in Canada but I was raised in Japan, then I came back to Canada. It's really complicated, and I'm part Japanese. Are you from Canada too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
Raising my hand here.
Will be in the Tokyo area July 22nd - 28th so if that works for anyone then you can count me in
In first week and second week of July, we will probably wonder around the west part of Japan like Osaka and Kyoto. On the third week, we'll be back in Tokyo, and enjoying the city life again. Tokyo is where I grew up, so I pretty much know everything about there. Yeah, join us.
More people and more the merrier, right?

Last edited by Versa : 12-30-2010 at 07:56 PM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
PandaPopstar (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to PandaPopstar Send a message via Skype™ to PandaPopstar
12-30-2010, 08:26 PM

Lucky bastards who are going...
I have to finish my study first and then we'll see.
Can't wait!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
jingojango (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa View Post
Yup, I speak Japanese fluently as well as English, and I don't have an accent for both languages. I was born in Canada but I was raised in Japan, then I came back to Canada. It's really complicated, and I'm part Japanese. Are you from Canada too?

In first week and second week of July, we will probably wonder around the west part of Japan like Osaka and Kyoto. On the third week, we'll be back in Tokyo, and enjoying the city life again. Tokyo is where I grew up, so I pretty much know everything about there. Yeah, join us.
Oh that's great. No actually I'm from Germany, and I will have to practice Japanese a lot in the months to come So you're a student, or what's your profession?
(#44 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

12-30-2010, 09:46 PM

Wife's parent wanted a "shop and eat till they drop" trip, so I am taking them there for about 17 days. Going to be in Furano, Sapporo, Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto......
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Versa (Offline)
New to JF

12-31-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingojango View Post
Oh that's great. No actually I'm from Germany, and I will have to practice Japanese a lot in the months to come So you're a student, or what's your profession?
I'm a student, yes I just started to go to university.
There's so much things to do when you are just a student.
Are you a student as well?
(#46 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-31-2010, 01:16 PM

Woop yep, going at the beginning of June for a week in Osaka and a week in Tokyo with the lovely miss misa =^_^=

We have paid for the plane and made the Osaka reservation, come the new year we are going to book the Tokyo hotel and get the JR pass, travel insurance and anything else we forgot then just play the exchange rate waiting game of when to get our cash XD

I now just need to hurry up and get a job before then so I'll have a few more pennies to spend.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
jingojango (Offline)
New to JF

01-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I'm a student, yes I just started to go to university.
There's so much things to do when you are just a student.
Are you a student as well?
Hehe that's lovely. No I will be in autumn 2011, have my final exams in June 2011. After that, let's WWOOF!
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-01-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Great!
I'll be sure to message you closer to the time and see if something can be arranged. I look forward to it.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-01-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
Woop yep, going at the beginning of June for a week in Osaka and a week in Tokyo with the lovely miss misa =^_^=

We have paid for the plane and made the Osaka reservation, come the new year we are going to book the Tokyo hotel and get the JR pass, travel insurance and anything else we forgot then just play the exchange rate waiting game of when to get our cash XD

I now just need to hurry up and get a job before then so I'll have a few more pennies to spend.
You're a lucky guy
I'll be going a month later when you're all snugly back at home. It's a shame

So will you be going for a budget hotel or have you got a bit to splash out for a good one? I'll be going to the ultimate in budget, to a backpackers hostel. Absolutely everything is shared facilities and the rooms are the size of broom cupboards, but there's no problem with that as long as there's a roof over my head at night! I'll be out more than in.

Same with me. I have a job but seems as it's only 6 hours a week I'm trying to get any overtime they have to offer. XD
(#50 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-01-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
You're a lucky guy
I'll be going a month later when you're all snugly back at home. It's a shame

So will you be going for a budget hotel or have you got a bit to splash out for a good one? I'll be going to the ultimate in budget, to a backpackers hostel. Absolutely everything is shared facilities and the rooms are the size of broom cupboards, but there's no problem with that as long as there's a roof over my head at night! I'll be out more than in.

Same with me. I have a job but seems as it's only 6 hours a week I'm trying to get any overtime they have to offer. XD

princessmarisa

I am a girl.

Yes I am very lucky to be married to misa.

We are going to business hotels, so about one step up from a hostel

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.