JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you like tattoos?
Yes, I think tattoos can look great. 57 62.64%
No, I think that tattoos are nasty scars. 2 2.20%
Maybe, occasionally I've seen a good tattoo and it's cool but mostly they are rubbish. 32 35.16%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#371 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Have you read this thread?
Ha ha, this kind of reply is why we all love you MMM!
(#372 (permalink))
Old
BeppePasseri (Offline)
New to JF

09-15-2008, 04:38 PM

mmmmmm

so....tattooo= problem.......@#%$@#%$@#%$@##%$#

Noooo and in Daiba's Onsen???????????????(Joypolis )

i'll go t in octob!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaahhhh

Tokyo rulez!

Ciao Ciao!
(#373 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-16-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housetek View Post
i've been to Public pools and water parks and my entire back is covered. i never ran into that problem ever. but onsens yes.
Which parks have you been too? I took this pic at Toshimaen, I've seen the same signs at all other large water parks and pools.

"If you have a tattoo on your shoulder or body, we are sorry, but you are not allowed to enter the amusement park & the water park."

It's printed in 3 languages, so they're obviously serious about it.

Last edited by Sangetsu : 09-19-2008 at 03:48 AM.
(#374 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-16-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Which parks have you been too? I took this pic at Toshimaen, I've seen the same signs at all other large water parks and pools.

Ha ha, nice pic.. maybe its owned and operated by the Yakuza themselves
(#375 (permalink))
Old
Magen (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeppePasseri View Post
mmmmmm

Noooo and in Daiba's Onsen???????????????(Joypolis )
That's what I was kindda wondering myself. Is Odaiba's Edo Onsen a little more lenient to the heavily tattooed (it seems pretty tourist friendly)?

Also I haven't come across information about reserving private rooms at sento. I imagine it doesn't matter how many tattoos you have if you have your own room (or am I mistaken?)

How much would a private bath cost? Is that something that your hotel would need to phone in for you?

In other words what's the most likely place/way for a heavy tattooed gaijin to experience and onsen or sento?
(#376 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-22-2008, 07:56 AM

The "onsen" in Odaiba is little more than a hot tub park. People go there to enjoy the spa treatments for the most part.

Most stays at a ryokan will include private use of the bath for free. But you must reserve the bath in advance. During busy times you can usually get one half-hour use each day. At quieter times you may get an hour.

Or you can do as my GF and I did in July and get a room with an in-room onsen. Many ryokans and hotels are now offering in-room pools, and quite a few are reasonable priced.
(#377 (permalink))
Old
GoonShoes (Offline)
New to JF

Question Tattoo and travel in Japan - 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Hey,
Im hoping somone can help with alot of questions i have.

Im planning a trip to japan to do some volunteer work, sight see and get a traditional tattoo.

I have 3 1/2 months to plan the trip and 3 months of time i can i have off. I have looked at plenty of volunteer websites but im undesided on what to do and for how much time.

Im trying to find out about how to get a large traditional tattoo for a while now, its stopping me planning the rest of the trip. i really need some help with it.

I need to know some information about traditional tattoo's i have been unable to gather from the internet.

1. Will any tattoo artist be willing to do long hours day after day on one client?

2. will a traditional tattoo artist be offended if there tattoo design was completed by another tattoo artist? (if i run out of time)

3. Can somone please help me communicate with a tattoo artist in japan so i can book like 2 weeks with them and ask them questions.

4. will £6000 (1 million yen) be enough for a body suit from shoulders to thighs?

anybody surrgest 2 months worth of volunteering in some kind of outdoor activity? the best ive found up to now is the WWOOF

Thanks in advance
Dan
(#378 (permalink))
Old
WanderingWarrior (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to WanderingWarrior
09-26-2008, 08:25 PM

I personally have 2 tattoos. 1 on my arm, and a large one on my back and understand that going into the onsen is going to be a no no. But what I haven't seen on this thread(read most of it) is anyone talking about the onsen that aren't part of a hotel. The more private secluded ones you might find in the countryside. I have no experience with these and understand the majority will be attached to hotels, but not all. And if your not planning on visiting a hotel onsen then isn't there a chance you might go to a free open air onsen with no one around? As I said I have no experience and am not making a point as much as bringing another side of the subject and if anyone could say one way or another, that would be great.
(#379 (permalink))
Old
GoonShoes (Offline)
New to JF

09-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Anyone wana give any of my questions a stab in the dark?

(#380 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM

I'm not sure at all on this, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to book in advance. WAY in advance.

There are hairstylists in America that requires booking four months ahead of time. x] I'm sure legendary tattoo artists take longer to book than that.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
Closed Thread