Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-29-2007, 11:02 PM

heh she asked about the fashion part too u know not just losing weight
(#12 (permalink))
Old
silhouettesofamelody (Offline)
Heather Heart<3Sick

11-30-2007, 12:07 AM

I don't really live in a big city... when I mean not a big city... I mean it's a " ville" and I live in Indiana.... which sucks to be me...and I'm not a spoiled child and at the moment I don't have a job. Yes...Style... I'm a smart one.

I've also heard of Sex Pot Revenge and seen some of their stuff... Its radical and I've been thinking about buying soem stuff from their site. Other than taht and Diesel I'm not big on brand names which is should start memorizing or else I'm going to look Like an idiot in the near/distant future.

Pac Sun... are you serious... I wouldn't go there to create a visual onsombel... the only thing I'd probnly buy their would be a pair of pants... If that even.

I am planning on taking a trip to NYC next year and I'm eventually going to go to art school in Califorina... ( I'm still a highschool student.)

Oh and btw Kaicui your totally awesome ^ ^

Thanks jdmgc8 although I have no gym... where I live...

Heavy Hearts
Heavy Heads
Every Now and Again
They Deserve Some
Rest.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-30-2007, 12:52 PM

yep np anytime
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sakurachan (Offline)
JF Regular

11-30-2007, 11:56 PM

hey hun! first up, good luck getting to the weight you want! it's all very well people saying 'stop looking at magazines... tv is poison...', but what if you want to read an article or watch a programme?

all i can say is to remember WHY you want to do this- i personally lost a little weight recently through cutting down on high-fat/-sugar snacks and regular exercise. i found it really useful to have actual pictures of regular people as well as celebrities (a wide range e.g. both lily cole AND charlotte coyle) who i thought were gorgeous, and clothes etc. i really wanted.

oh, and go for healthy as opposed to low-fat, and learn to cook if you can't already- that really helps! btw, japanese has been identified as the healthiest diet in the world, mainly because of the vegetable and fish base, as opposed to meat. hm...

onto the clothes! i *love* the look you're going for. that hairstyle would be so cute blonde! you look like you have the face for it, too. with a look like that, as well, your clothes have more of an edge even if they aren't really extreme. so i personally would make sure i didn't go too OTT, while still keeping it really personalised- the hair clips and buttons thing would work great.

you can actually find a lot of pretty decentvisual kei/ harajuku/ scene type stuff in regular shops- just keep your eyes peeled, and think of things in combination! like, i bought these cute black lace hand-warmer things recently from H&M (do you have that in america? i live in england) that look SO cute with this kind of goth-loli skirt i have, but also just with jeans and my david bowie tee, which i might prefer on a more toned-down occasion.

ok, i've written way too much, so i'll go now!

xxx

Kōhi wa suki dewa arimasen... Je n'aime pas du café... I don't like coffee... why is this such a good phrase for me?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurachan View Post
hey hun! first up, good luck getting to the weight you want! it's all very well people saying 'stop looking at magazines... tv is poison...', but what if you want to read an article or watch a programme?
Its not about NOT watching any telly or reading any magazines- its about being AWARE of what you see and not internalizing the absolute lies fed to women by those media outlets.
Its about being aware, and understanding the difference between reality and whats shown in the media- and a lot of people DONT get it. They think they have to match the realities shown to them by advertisers/programs/magazines.
Its ridiculous.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Cyasarin (Offline)
Surfer.Chic [no cold! =D]

Send a message via MSN to Cyasarin Send a message via Yahoo to Cyasarin
01-19-2008, 04:04 AM

[1st post! Yay! ^^]
Sorry, caught up in the moment...this is my 1st post ever here. =P

So, anyway, the type of style you're trying to get into is very interesting and I don't think you should lose too much weight. Depending on how tall you are, the overweight limit goes up and down. For example, I'm 5'1' and I weigh around 107 and 112 lbs depending on how much I eat that day. But if somebody looked at me on the street, they definitely wouldn't call me anorexic. For my friend who is like 5'10" she is around 140 and 150 lbs and she's just a skinny as I am.
Anyway, if you want to lose a little bit of weight, run [NOT walk!] about half a mile a day, walk another half mile, and cut back on junk food and go for vegetables. It doesn't have to be a salad, it can just be a bit of broccoli in a Lean Cuisine dish. Or an apple! From experience, this method works quickly and awesomely. But it only works if you run the half mile. Don't slack off and walk. It doesn't work as good. And make sure you stretch before your run/walk, especially your legs.

I can't really give you much advice on clothes besides try to find something that fits your personality. You can find something just as awesome as the clothes in Tokyo in your local mall if you look hard enough.
But your hair, I have a short style just like that. You're going to love it if you get your hair cut like that pic, especially if it's lighter. It's so fun to wear around school and people will compliment you all the time. But whatever you do, don't wait too long to cut it again. My top layers are growing out because I don't have anyone to cut it since the girl that cut mine did a poor job and it looks horrible. Well, not horrible, but it's just harder to get it to look good.
And now that I brought up my stylist, don't get a sucky stylist. They suck. And make sure they use a razor on the ends of your hair. It makes the hair cut look even more fabulous.

Happy Styling. <3