Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
04-23-2008, 09:52 PM

I am one of the palest people I know, and I really hate it. I guess back in the day paper white symbolized beauty. Tan meant you worked in the feilds and were poor. I think people think pale is pretty, that is why they want to have pale skin......

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKitty89 View Post
Hey there...

I noticed that many japanese girls and guys want to have white skin. What's so nice about beeing white?

Could somebody explain that to me? Has it to do with the gothloli culture?

Arigatou!
If you are talking about tradtional white makeup seen on geisha, this actually came from China and was adopted by Japanese royalty before becoming more common with women. It has NOTHING to do with wanting to look Europeans. That tradition is still common today, in that many women avoid the sun, as paler skin is felt to be attractive. At the same time many are also sun-worshippers, and try to get very tan.

Loli-goths like pale skin better than tanned, as it goes with the whole culture better, but they are no influence on the masses.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
04-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Suki: When chinese people than, they don't go golden. they just darken and on some people it looks beautiful, and on some, e.g: myself it doesn't. [plus i dont tan, however long i stand in the sun]
Yeah... It's funny how no one's ever happy with what they've got. I'd just die to have a tanned skin tone (errr ok maybe not die, but I'd kill xD) and them Asians have the toughest time trying to stay pale =/

...wanna trade skins, anyone??? lol

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-23-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Two words: Holly Wood x) That's one but.. yeah >.<'

That's just their idealized female concept of beauty.

I don't get it Why would anyone want a fairer skin tone? I spend HOURS, DAYS and WEEKS lying in the sun to get a goddamn tan ¬¬'
It's really bad to lay in the sun for ages! It gives you skin cancer >.< Same with sun beds and stuff. If you wear suncream, that's alright though
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
It's really bad to lay in the sun for ages! It gives you skin cancer >.< Same with sun beds and stuff. If you wear suncream, that's alright though
most people are now just using fake tan or like the johnsons slow release thingy.

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
04-23-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I use sun-protecting lotions all the time, fear not Fake tan looks, well, fake; it's obvious you're not naturally tanned.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#27 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
Lightbulb 04-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you are talking about tradtional white makeup seen on geisha, this actually came from China and was adopted by Japanese royalty before becoming more common with women. It has NOTHING to do with wanting to look Europeans. That tradition is still common today, in that many women avoid the sun, as paler skin is felt to be attractive. At the same time many are also sun-worshippers, and try to get very tan.

Loli-goths like pale skin better than tanned, as it goes with the whole culture better, but they are no influence on the masses.
i forgot about geisha make-up . thats different. and the loli goth thing if you can acchieve it. i would just look wrong piling white makeup on my skin. .
but i dont think for the loli-goth/classic goth look you have to paste on the make-up. you can just have ur natural skin tone it doesnt matter reli.

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

(#28 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)

Talking 04-23-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I use sun-protecting lotions all the time, fear not Fake tan looks, well, fake; it's obvious you're not naturally tanned.
some fake tans are quite ok. i havent tested them personally because i have no neeed but my fwendz have and i woldnt reli tell. i mean if you are just walkin about and it is sunny on that day, you could just naturally get a tan. even though my skin colour is black, i still tan, like when i go to america on holz, i go really dark xD

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

(#29 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

04-24-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamelessx View Post
not all people have a neg. image of 'tanned skin'. alot of people have a neg. image of like for exp, black people jewish people etc. but then again some black people dont like people that are white, some chinese people may not like people that are another race etc. u get my drift.

I clearly stated that in JAPAN, people have negative images about tanned skin because of kogal.

If you don't know what it means, you might want to look it up.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

04-24-2008, 07:54 AM

Regarding white skin as beautiful is a Japanese tradition that exist long before they were forced to open of to the world for trade.

It has roots in Japanese classism. The Japanese royalty had very light skin. And that association of white skin with high class has carried into modern day times.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
Closed Thread