MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-24-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
haah ^^'
true true~
buut...meh
what can i do to change my 'idea' of them? ._.
Don't watch American news channels >.<
(#42 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
04-24-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Don't watch American news channels >.<
*only goes to bbc for news anyways ._."" *

btw xD
guess i should mention that my
bff...the guy that i love like a brother~
IS african american >.>"'
*doesn't hold it against him, infact loves him for it*
^_^

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

04-24-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
People have negative opinions about KOGAL because they act like morons. I don't think it is because of their tanned skin.

Good point but because of the way they dress, people link KOGAL and tanned skin.

Real problem with them is that they act like morons like you said...
(#44 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-24-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
haah ^^'
true true~
buut...meh
what can i do to change my 'idea' of them? ._.
Let's call "them" what they are. Blacks and hispanics. For starters, blacks and hispanics are not the same thing, same people. Each person comes from their own place, their own background.

As a person of Asian decent, I am going to guess you don't like getting looped in with all Asians or getting called Japanese or Chinese or Korean or whatever country your family isn't from.

I think you also need to take a look at your statitics. You rattle off numbers that may be true right before your eyes (though I find it incredibly hard to believe in your personal experience 80% of the blacks and Hispanics live out this criminal stereotype you have created).

If you want to change start by linking where these stereotypes you hold come from. I am going to guess you didn't make them on your own.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)

04-24-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Let's call "them" what they are. Blacks and hispanics. For starters, blacks and hispanics are not the same thing, same people. Each person comes from their own place, their own background.

As a person of Asian decent, I am going to guess you don't like getting looped in with all Asians or getting called Japanese or Chinese or Korean or whatever country your family isn't from.

I think you also need to take a look at your statitics. You rattle off numbers that may be true right before your eyes (though I find it incredibly hard to believe in your personal experience 80% of the blacks and Hispanics live out this criminal stereotype you have created).

If you want to change start by linking where these stereotypes you hold come from. I am going to guess you didn't make them on your own.
i do recognize the individual differences in each latino and african american >.>
i never call any latino mexican, hispanic, puerto rican, etc. etc. >.>
unless i'm pretty sure that they ARE infact any of the above....
of the african americans... for two years, i was in an environment in which the people could not compose a single sentece without using atleast 1 of the five words: @$$, B!tch, H0e, N!gg_, Fck (<--- i only know this because i actually took the time to listen to some of what they said)

and, i'll admit, it is quite annoying when people call me vietnamese, japanese, korean, and sometimes even chinese (though, the only reason that it IS annoying in the first place is because the people calling me such things, are using them in a "joking" manner) (also, don't get me wrong, it is quite flattering at times to be "mistaken" for a japanese or korean, loool x.x'')

and rattling off the numbers that i hear off the news? that i admit is true.
but, correct me if i'm wrong; ""generally"", the only purpose someone would have to commit a theft, misdemeanor or felony, is because they want something, but do not have the proper means to obtain it [legally].
with that said, how many "slums" in america comprise of a majority of whites?? asians?? african-americans? latinos?

but don't get me wrong though~ i'm not hating anyone of them >.>'
there are some VERY decent african american and latino [gentlemen] that i have met. many that i respect and admire. but, unfortunately, there are MANY MANY more who aren't like that.

also, i'm not saying that no one else from any other race can be so ignorant. i do not deny the existence and the acts of the kkk.
buut, i've met much more respectable white and asian men, than i have african americans and latino.

buut meh~ point is, i'll pretty much always have a relatively negative judgement of such people, but the opportunity to prove themselves otherwise to me is always there.

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

04-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKitty89 View Post
Hey there...

I noticed that many japanese girls and guys want to have white skin. What's so nice about beeing white?

Could somebody explain that to me? Has it to do with the gothloli culture?

Arigatou!
Really?
I heard the opposite, a lot of people in Japan want to have darker skin
In any case I can't really explain why??

(#47 (permalink))
Old
yukiko357 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to yukiko357
04-24-2008, 10:31 PM

i think japanese love white skin because it shows purity and cleanliness...in a way....i geuss.......i hope this wont be a problem when i live in japan becaus im mixed(half black and white).........
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-24-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
i do recognize the individual differences in each latino and african american >.>
of the african americans... for two years, i was in an environment in which the people could not compose a single sentece without using atleast 1 of the five words: @$$, B!tch, H0e, N!gg_, Fck (<--- i only know this because i actually took the time to listen to some of what they said)

and, i'll admit, it is quite annoying when people call me vietnamese, japanese, korean, and sometimes even chinese (though, the only reason that it IS annoying in the first place is because the people calling me such things, are using them in a "joking" manner) (also, don't get me wrong, it is quite flattering at times to be "mistaken" for a japanese or korean, loool x.x'')

but, correct me if i'm wrong; ""generally"", the only purpose someone would have to commit a theft, misdemeanor or felony, is because they want something, but do not have the proper means to obtain it [legally].
with that said, how many "slums" in america comprise of a majority of whites?? asians?? african-americans? latinos?

there are some VERY decent african american and latino [gentlemen] that i have met. many that i respect and admire. but, unfortunately, there are MANY MANY more who aren't like that.

also, i'm not saying that no one else from any other race can be so ignorant. i do not deny the existence and the acts of the kkk.
buut, i've met much more respectable white and asian men, than i have african americans and latino.

buut meh~ point is, i'll pretty much always have a relatively negative judgement of such people, but the opportunity to prove themselves otherwise to me is always there.

At least you are honest and aware of your stereotypes. There are several black and Latino members on this forum that would probably disagree with you, but there is nothing I say that will change your experiences, I just hope as you grow up and get older you have a more well-rounded experience with people of other races.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
NaruNaruChan (Offline)
its been so long dear JF

Send a message via AIM to NaruNaruChan
04-24-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:

my father and his side of the family are all black...I have never heard any of them curse...not once. the "N" word is not aloud in any of our homes and my father is a very very respectful man. In fact, many of the white people I know are ruder to me as a half black girl than the black kids are. All of the Latino kids I know treat me with such respect that it's hard to believe that they get lumped into a stereo type too. Also, I have met some very disrespectful Asian men...a group in my school talks to each other like you say most black people do^^;

Claims:
auncia~ Yosuke, Hikari
Billy~Tsubuku
Merry~Nero
Mix Speakers~ Miki
The underneath~Ryo
Versailles~Teru
Ruvie~Tsubame
(#50 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)

04-25-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
At least you are honest and aware of your stereotypes. There are several black and Latino members on this forum that would probably disagree with you, but there is nothing I say that will change your experiences, I just hope as you grow up and get older you have a more well-rounded experience with people of other races.
haha, it's mutual xDD

@narunaruchan - if you've read the whole discussion, lol >.>'''
i'm not saying that ALL people of a said race are like that x.x'''
and i did state earlier
that i have met some "extremely" admirable persons
that are of african american/hispanic descent x.x'
that i DO respect and admire
and, yes, i have as well met some shameful and disgusting asians as well >.>'
actually =.=''' if anything, i'm quite embarrassed by the way some chinese people act...

Closed Thread