JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Style Questions Here! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/20516-style-questions-here.html)

MissMisa 08-20-2008 03:17 PM

May I ask why you would want to make yourself look like race which you are not? You should be proud of your race, not try and cover it up to look like another one.

That said, people on here would be willing to help you with makeup styles that you just like, but I doubt anyone would want to help you 'make yourself Japanese.' Personally I think that is a very strange request.

iTwisted 08-20-2008 03:27 PM

It's hard to give advice when you don't what your eyes look like from the beginning :mtongue:

If you already have a crease on your eyelid (wich most people do, just not as deep as on asians) try to make that more visible. Make the part where the crease goes in darker and the part thats more out lighter. How much is up to you ^^ Don't use to much mascara either. it takes some of the effect away. (But use some.)

And I'm not any good at explaining -_-

gloomth 08-20-2008 03:27 PM

I really dont think you can change your race with makeup....It would just end up looking like a costume....

As Missa said, be proud of who you are and your roots! There are far too many people pretending to be something they arent, and it just looks so bloody ridiculous.

Only one of the pictures worked for me, and she looked as though she was wearing just mascara and light colored eyeshadow. Doing that on any eye of any race would look lovely, but it wont make you look specifically Asian.

Maybe look for ways to bring out YOUR OWN features rather than aiming for the impossible (which only leads to disappointment).

iTwisted 08-20-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 566118)
May I ask why you would want to make yourself look like race which you are not? You should be proud of your race, not try and cover it up to look like another one.

That said, people on here would be willing to help you with makeup styles that you just like, but I doubt anyone would want to help you 'make yourself Japanese.' Personally I think that is a very strange request.

Of course you should be proud of your own race ^^ But I still know many people who think asian eyes look very pretty and want that look on there own. So that's not so strange to me ^^

MissMisa 08-20-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTwisted (Post 566126)
Of course you should be proud of your own race ^^ But I still know many people who think asian eyes look very pretty and want that look on there own. So that's not so strange to me ^^

But it's just plainly impossible to change how your eyes are. There are ways to bring out your own features with makeup but people who strive to look physically Japanese always end up failing miserably. It's just not possible. What is possible is to look very pretty in your own skin instead of pretending to be something you are not.

Dora 08-20-2008 03:36 PM

I don't think there is anything too scandalous about wanting to make your eyes look a bit different, it's not permanent surgery or anything and it doesn't mean she's not proud of her own race. It's not like she's trying to actually become asian (unless she's dying her hair and altering skin colour too); it's just experimenting to achieve a pretty look- isn't that the object of any make up wearer, regardless of whether they also want to look slightly more 'oriental' or not?

btw, i don't have any tips on how to do it- im crap. I just wanted to put my feelings out there...

iTwisted 08-20-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

But it's just plainly impossible to change how your eyes are. There are ways to bring out your own features with makeup but people who strive to look physically Japanese always end up failing miserably. It's just not possible. What is possible is to look very pretty in your own skin instead of pretending to be something you are not.
Yes, but I don't think there is that many people that think you can change your appearance alltogether.There is always a limit to what comes out looking good :P

MissMisa 08-20-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dora (Post 566136)
I don't think there is anything too scandalous about wanting to make your eyes look a bit different, it's not permanent surgery or anything and it doesn't mean she's not proud of her own race. It's not like she's trying to actually become asian (unless she's dying her hair and altering skin colour too); it's just experimenting to achieve a pretty look- isn't that the object of any make up wearer, regardless of whether they also want to look slightly more 'oriental' or not?

btw, i don't have any tips on how to do it- im crap. I just wanted to put my feelings out there...

There is nothing at all wrong with wanting your eyes to look prettier, but saying 'I want my eyes to look Japanese' is something unachievable because they are not. Looking pretty isn't always the point of makeup, anyway, maybe people like to just be creative with their styles and just achieve a different look to what they normally look like, which isn't always neccessarily prettier.

In any case, no makeup will make your eyes look asian. Makeup could potentially make your eyes look prettier, but nothing else. That was my point ^_^

Teesama 08-20-2008 03:47 PM

You can make your eyes little exotic - just a little asian looking, just a little - with make-up, but they won't look naturally asian. Never. Period. They have different eyes than we european looking have. (I'm assuming you are too). Basically, you need to make your eyes more closed and slant. (Damn, am I using the right words?)....I give up, can't explain xD

Dora 08-20-2008 03:47 PM

To quote your quote of my quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 566139)
Looking pretty isn't always the point of makeup, anyway, maybe people like to just be creative with their styles and just achieve a different look to what they normally look like ^_^

I think you've got it just right here, maybe she just wants to be CREATIVE and ACHIEVE A DIFFERENT LOOK TO WHAT she NORMALLY LOOKs LIKE aka Japanese, as she is not normally Japanese and pulling off this idea would be quite creative...imo.

Anyway, why argue. It's not our face- do as you please! and i hope you find a way to achieve the look you're after.