JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Style Questions Here! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/20516-style-questions-here.html)

MissMisa 08-20-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dora (Post 566146)
To quote your quote of my quote:

I think you've got it just right here, maybe she just wants to be CREATIVE and ACHIEVE A DIFFERENT LOOK TO WHAT she NORMALLY LOOKs LIKE aka Japanese, as she is not normally Japanese and pulling off this idea would be quite creative...imo.

Anyway, why argue. It's not our face- do as you please! and i hope you find a way to achieve the look you're after.

You can't pull it off though. If your not asian, you'll never look asian. So theres no point in bothering with it ^_^;

miirhii 08-20-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dora (Post 566146)
To quote your quote of my quote:

I think you've got it just right here, maybe she just wants to be CREATIVE and ACHIEVE A DIFFERENT LOOK TO WHAT she NORMALLY LOOKs LIKE aka Japanese, as she is not normally Japanese and pulling off this idea would be quite creative...imo.

Anyway, why argue. It's not our face- do as you please! and i hope you find a way to achieve the look you're after.

Thanks. :o

I usually draw a point on the inside of my eye kind of like this: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2289/...dadb2e.jpg?v=0

But I want my eye to look more pointed on the inside, even without the use of dark, black eyeliner.. I'm not in any way trying to BE Japanese..

Dora 08-20-2008 04:01 PM

I believe the words used were 'more...japanese', not japanese. Therefore, she just wants to try another look, she's not saying she wants to become japanese or that she wants it to look so authentic she would get mistaken for an asian person.

And i think perhaps, a professional make up artist, the ones who do cuts and bruises and add wrinkles and stuff for theatre/tv could do a pretty good job at making it look pretty close to real so who knows, maybe not 'impossible' and maybe worth bothering.

Anywho, this is nit picking and i have no real advice to give to the poster so i am just taking up space. Meh.

p.s, sorry for all the use of 'she', it's incredibly rude.

xxx

ACN 08-20-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 566118)
May I ask why you would want to make yourself look like race which you are not? You should be proud of your race, not try and cover it up to look like another one.

That said, people on here would be willing to help you with makeup styles that you just like, but I doubt anyone would want to help you 'make yourself Japanese.' Personally I think that is a very strange request.

Every one on this forum try to copy asians, and I think it is okey.
Ofc she cant do a plastic operation, but there might be a way.

Why even care about race in the first place? I belive you sould look like you want to look.

MissMisa 08-20-2008 04:15 PM

Well, I'll post my makeup tutorial just in case that will help somewhat.

If you'd really want to spend all that time with a makeup artist and all that fake jazz just to make your eyes look asian for a day, well, you'd need to find something better to do with your time!

Anyway, this is my tutorial for the VK Jrock-styled look, whatever you wish to call it, I'm not sure if that's what your going for.

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japa...akeup+tutorial

You said you wanted it without the black liner? A blend of sandy colours and browns in the corner of your eyeliner would make for a similar effect but more subtle.

Possibly something like this:

Maybe this [I know it's 'arabic' but I think it'd work well]

And the Style Council one:

Hope that helps somewhat :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACN (Post 566161)
Every one on this forum try to copy asians, and I think it is okey.
Ofc she cant do a plastic operation, but there might be a way.

Why even care about race in the first place? I belive you sould look like you want to look.

Not everyone on this forum tries to copy asians. The majority of them don't. I think it's very sad if you want to be something you are not and you should be proud of who you already are.

Styles like VK are not 'copying asians.' It's not restricted to just Japanese people. Besides, all of those kind of fashions are heavily influenced by American and English Goth and Punk movements.

miirhii 08-20-2008 04:24 PM

Thanks, I do like Visual Kei.

MissMisa 08-20-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miirhii (Post 566176)
Thanks, I do like Visual Kei.

Ah, that's good. Those will be more helpful knowing that then ~ You're welcome ^_^

yuujirou 08-20-2008 05:40 PM

i just love it when people ask for advice regarding their personal appearance
w/o first, and usually never, posting photos of themselves x]

Kloudcat 08-21-2008 02:11 AM

Can someone please help me find a good hairstyle?

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is a crappy little drawing, but this is what my hair looks like, and I want a jrock hairstyle... Is my hair to short to do anything with? It's a little longer than in the drawing. And it is a little thick I think. I will ask my cousin to take a picture of my hair to post on here if that would help. Anyways, can someone please post some pictures of styles i might be able to have? Oh, and I am a girl.

MMM 08-21-2008 02:14 AM