JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-04-2008, 08:20 AM

Wait a second man don't be doggin on LFA .

If anything just forget the comments there and let life continue Like young Adults or Adults
(#32 (permalink))
Old
H3RMES (Offline)
New to JF

12-04-2008, 08:41 AM

"Emo" is overrated.

忘れたいのは、白過ぎた苦痛
信じてると、言い聞かす
傷は消えない
(#33 (permalink))
Old
saaxu (Offline)
New to JF

12-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Who knows, some might think that visual kei is ruining emo fashion. This thread reminds me of the last South Park episode where the goth kids were mistaken for being wannabe-vampire kids.

Douchebag Vampire Wanna-Be Boner - Clips - South Park Studios
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaxu View Post
Who knows, some might think that visual kei is ruining emo fashion.
-.-;; I think that would be impossible. Emos don't even know what VK is for all they care. And I know nobody else cares enough about emos to defend them by saying VK is taking from it or something lame like that, assuming they know VK in the first place.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-05-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
-.-;; I think that would be impossible. Emos don't even know what VK is for all they care. And I know nobody else cares enough about emos to defend them by saying VK is taking from it or something lame like that, assuming they know VK in the first place.
You don't find it the least bit ironic that people are claiming that "emo" kids stole VK, when jrock obsessed fanboys and fangirls see their favourite band decked in it and think it's just the coolest thing in the world and just must emulate it?

You see threads left and right on this forum for people trying to find sites they can buy cloths for the style from, saying it's cool, awesome, unique, blah blah blah. I mean it's not that I have a problem with people dressing how they want to dress, that's fine. What I find fucked up is how people claim one group of people "steals" their style, or is "ruining" it when all these people have done is do the exact same from the guys in jrock bands they drool over. Hypocrite much?

I almost hurt myself laughing when the word "poser" was tossed around in this thread a few posts up.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-05-2008, 02:50 AM

omg, u wouldn't believe what this guy said to me today >.>

he was like

"i wouldn't go to japan, there are WAY too many emos over there"

i almost smacked him XD

plus, i said

"AS IF, they aren't EMO >.>"

then he took it back XD *smiles creepily at him* secret weapon? ;D
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Akimasa (Offline)
New to JF

12-05-2008, 07:27 AM

I think it's kinda weird.
Emo is a music style, not a clothes style right?
And i think 'emo' is kinda a mix of the Scene, Alternative and VK.
Not that i really like Scene.
Because it's just a fake from Harajuku but okay.
When i wear black, or my Sexpot Revenge shirt,
It's like; Gothic! Whahaha.
But most people start to accept it and last week someone of my class asked;
Thirsa, you are a Alternative right?
And i was like, Yeah, im other then the rest so.

I think it needs time to accept it.
They did with me at least.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-06-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
You don't find it the least bit ironic that people are claiming that "emo" kids stole VK, when jrock obsessed fanboys and fangirls see their favourite band decked in it and think it's just the coolest thing in the world and just must emulate it?

You see threads left and right on this forum for people trying to find sites they can buy cloths for the style from, saying it's cool, awesome, unique, blah blah blah. I mean it's not that I have a problem with people dressing how they want to dress, that's fine. What I find fucked up is how people claim one group of people "steals" their style, or is "ruining" it when all these people have done is do the exact same from the guys in jrock bands they drool over. Hypocrite much?

I almost hurt myself laughing when the word "poser" was tossed around in this thread a few posts up.
Hypocrite? Not really. If my favorite J-rock group all of the sudden started dressing "emo," I wouldn't really care as long as the music stays the same, BUT I wouldn't think it was cool or even wear the same thing. I'd just be really disappointed. Besides, non of my favorite J-rockers are anything close to "emo" so that's not even an issue.
It's true what you say though, some people do that. And it is hypocritical in certain aspects. It's kind of brainwashing too, if you think about it. Just for the J-rock band that they 'drool over,' they forgo their usual beliefs in order to work with their favoritism, which is a form of hypocrisy. I know this all too well -.-;;

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-06-2008, 03:24 AM

well people maybe loco over the jrock singer and stuff or just like the clothes but i dont think that should mean u label a person by what they wear or listen to.

That is plain stupid i have been labeled before but not for foreign styles let em say it if they want they're just arses to begin with.

Plus like to mess with anyone when around friends to look bad .But to hell with em they're not worth anything they're just low and stupid.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
12-06-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiiven View Post
well people maybe loco over the jrock singer and stuff or just like the clothes but i dont think that should mean u label a person by what they wear or listen to.

That is plain stupid i have been labeled before but not for foreign styles let em say it if they want they're just arses to begin with.

Plus like to mess with anyone when around friends to look bad .But to hell with em they're not worth anything they're just low and stupid.
i completely agree with you. i get "labeled" a lot>.< they are nothing but trash though^.^

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."