LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
For starters... this is not the official trailer... Fox has not released any trailers as of yet (Bah... the site there even got the title of the move wrong). This is most probably made for inner marketing purposes.
Second... yes, the characters do not look like the anime/manga ones, so what? I prefer them to look more or less human, with the ability to move their face muscles and express emotions instead of looking like carved out of a giant cube of silicon... with a firefighters axe... in the dark... by a 6 years old chinese kid... who is blind and has only one arm...
But yeah, the movie has been quite Hollywood-isized... Nevertheless, do not judge it before you have actually seen it :P
Quite Hollywood-isized. ?? Man...if its a "marketing teaser"...the movie is out in 6 month they are not going to change everything...Remember why Dragon ball was fun?

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#132 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
10-08-2008, 02:55 PM

What i meant to say is: do not judge the book by it's cover.
Of course Fox is aiming for more wider audiency than just DB fans, that's understandable - everyone wants to get more $ out of what they are doing...

(#133 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

10-08-2008, 06:29 PM

I understand some people find it necessary to alter things for the sake of cash... But it wouldn't exactly be unjustified if people were to complain about it. Change can be an uncomfortable thing, especially when it comes to somethings that has already established so much respect in it's original form.

I saw that trailer earlier this week. Honestly, it looks pretty stupid to me.
... But of course I'll give it a chance... Because you're right, Ex, I'll never know until I see it for myself. I've been wrong before -- that's for sure.
(#134 (permalink))
Old
chibichick83 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2008, 12:45 PM

I personally think that this movie looks very cool and I can't wait for it to be released so that me and my bf can go and see it as I told him all about it yesterday and he agreed with me also that it sounds really cool aswell and is definately one that we'll be going to watch together
(#135 (permalink))
Old
wnxknightblader (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2008, 09:16 AM

oh no my vision of goku

i wanna be the greatest master~
pokemon!

my jrock hair tutorial~
(#136 (permalink))
Old
kowaomote (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
Very true.. o.o

I heard the guy that played Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer series was playing Piccolo.. >.>
Whoa!
I heard Piccolo isn't going to be green- or at least a fading green.

I like Chou Yun Fat and I'm okay with Goku being a white guy (although it seems strange and all. Son Goku is a Japanese name).
Goku's hair isn't so... Goku, though.
._.

||my last.fm||
ಠ_ಠ
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Pyro (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-16-2008, 11:06 AM

I saw that trailer, and I thought it was ehhh. I will go see it just because it's Dragonball but don't think it's going to be extremely good. I saw that yellow car and I was all like "I didn't know Bumble Bee (from Transformers) was in this movie!?" but it's cool that they are going to make a DB movie.

(#138 (permalink))
Old
amuchan (Offline)
Panda Bear ♥♥

10-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Personally, I don't like Dragon Ball Z and never did. But I watched the trailer anyway and agreed they could of done a better job. I really dislike having manga/anime transformed into real life films because half the time they never get it right and the other half they do a crappy job on the scenes, costumes, special effects, etc.

(#139 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-16-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowaomote View Post
Whoa!
I heard Piccolo isn't going to be green- or at least a fading green.

I like Chou Yun Fat and I'm okay with Goku being a white guy (although it seems strange and all. Son Goku is a Japanese name).
Goku's hair isn't so... Goku, though.
._.

1. Goku-Yeah, his hair is terrible.
2. Bulma-Her hair won't even be blue...
3. Chi Chi-At least she's Asian...I think.
4. Piccolo-Looks like a vampire.
5. Who was May again?
6. Goku attended high school? Chi Chi too? Didn't know that...
7. Goku has to deal with a regular human bully?

Yeah, this sounds geekish. When I saw the trailer, I immediately thought that they were gonna screw it up. I still do now, but I'll wait till the reviews come out...Don't wanna take chances with something that might suck, especially the day before my birthday.

I loved DBZ to death when I was younger, and I still like it now. In fact for my stories, the characters that are supernatural actually fight like the characters a little bit, with the flying and burst-mode fighting and ki attacks...It's not a rip-off, but you can tell where it comes from.

(#140 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
10-16-2008, 11:51 PM

KAME - HAME - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(what does it mean? turtle - hame - ha ?

Nki Loves You.
Closed Thread